[Review] Cell Flash-cell phone camera flash

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 15
By CGeyser, Senior Member on 24th February 2012, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I recently bought this item on impulse and now I'm regretting it. Here's why...

Lets start with the design/design quality:
The housing is a very poorly constructed plastic and the button is chromed plastic.
The functionality of the unit:
To turn it on, you have to hold the button. You might as well buy one of those keychain flashlights. At least with those, there's a switch.
The lighting is extremely dim and it emits a blueish light in your photos. (you'll need to get to at least 7 inches to have a decent amount of lighting).
The package contents:
Crapply made lanyard, warranty card, instructions, adhesive sticker, and the flash light unit.

NONE! Its one of the crappiest accessories ever! If someone gifts this to you, you'll know that he/she really dislikes you.
-Poor quality material.
-Poor quality construction.
-Poor lighting.
-Poor functionality.

If you really need a light source for your Hero's camera, then you should really get a nice pen light such as the 4Sevens Preon. You'll get higher lumens and its far more versatile/portable than this crappy ViaTek Cell Flash. Plus, with the Preon, you'll get a correct white balance.
There's a reason why this item was premiered on "As Seen on TV". Most, if not all of the products there are garbage and a waste of resources.

Btw, the pictures of the package and the unit were taken from a Sony MHS-FS3. The pic of the $20 were taken by the Hero. No images have been Photoshopped.

Here's some pics (click images for larger pictures):

Last edited by CGeyser; 26th February 2012 at 08:37 PM. Reason: additional info and grammar
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CGeyser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2012, 09:18 PM |#2  
Flag Greater Vancouver Area, British Columbia
Thanks Meter: 156
Thanks for taking the time to post a review!
25th February 2012, 04:19 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 15
Donate to Me
No prob. Always glad to help the community even if it means money out of my pocket.
26th February 2012, 11:05 AM |#4  
Banja Luka
Thanks Meter: 116
Thanks man,you stoped me to buy this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread