5,598,171 Members 44,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Getting ICS +root on your Note. Stable & fully functional. UPDATED.

Tip us?

omrhsn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I am currently on rooted Gingerbread 2.3.6, Baseband Version N7000XXLA4, Build Number JPLA1. Can I just start with Step 8? It would be nice to have more download links like mediafire or something. Thanks

m2b999
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by omrhsn View Post
I am currently on rooted Gingerbread 2.3.6, Baseband Version N7000XXLA4, Build Number JPLA1. Can I just start with Step 8? It would be nice to have more download links like mediafire or something. Thanks
I think so. That's what I did for my KK2 build!

Sent from my Galaxy Note using xda premium!
Bunch of Nokias
iPhone > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > I'm done with iPhones
Galaxy Note > Galaxy S3 > Galaxy Note 2 > I'm done with Samsung
LG Optimus G 4G AT&T
Google Nexus 4
Zopo ZP950+
Sony Xperia Z
BACK --- Galaxy Note 3

LG Nexus 5
Oppo N1 CyanogenMod Edition

acidburn89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2b999 View Post
Now it works great!

I installed Nova and Trebchut launchers, but both of them display TW launcher phone, sms, interest icons, not ICS icons! Any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-I9220 using xda premium
I think I have found an (ok) solution for now. I will make edits on the first page to reflect the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamr9 View Post
Is it just me or has the volume level of the phone drastically dropped on this rom?? I can barely hear anything.. Anyone else facing the same problem??
I actually think it is somewhat louder than GB builds. Try the equalizer and sound effects in the stock music player. I'm sure you will like em.
Motorola T190 > Nokia 3330 > Nokia 3100 > SE T610 > SE Z600 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N-Gage QD > SE P910 > Moto RAZR2 v8 > Nokia N82 > Nokia E71 > iPhone 2G > HTC Magic > HTC HD2 > Samsung Galaxy Note > Galaxy S4 I9500

acidburn89
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsandeepreddy View Post
no bro... i have a GB nandroid but was able to extract apps from it when i was in ics using app extractor

edit:: i restored 182 apps using it but the only prob is while booting up... it taking 2 min to optimize the apps
I don't know what measures google has taken to prevent fragmentation, but I think GB and ICS versions of apps might be different. But hey, if it works for you, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomletters View Post
Hi,

Can some one advice on RTL language support?
Do Arabic and Hebrew languages work?

Thanks for the guide!
I don't think I see arabic or hebrew in the languages option. So, i'm not sure if RTL languages will render right everywhere in android (that includes apps in RTL). But Go keyboard DOES offer RTL languages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2b999 View Post
BTW, any luck about ICS default icons?

I'm still having TW icons even aftet installing Nova and Trebchut launchers!!!

Check the first post, will post it in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPMAce View Post
so what step do I have to start at if all I've done to my note so far is root it using Dr. Ketan's guide?

Is it step 8? (I'm still on stock rom, only rooted with CWM, and superuser)
It depends on your baseband. I suggest using the KKA, but YMMV. Get a nandroid of your current setup and give it a try. If it has problems, you can start over from step 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanarix View Post
Is there any way to download the two big files from another source, because it says I've reached my limit or something. And the mirror says I have to wait for 50minutes to download something..
Thank you.
I will try and upload more mirrors later tonight. Sorry for the trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omrhsn View Post
LA4 is newer than the KKA I recommend. So there is definitely no harm in trying. If you start having trouble with calls and GPS, you might have to start over from KKA.
Motorola T190 > Nokia 3330 > Nokia 3100 > SE T610 > SE Z600 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N-Gage QD > SE P910 > Moto RAZR2 v8 > Nokia N82 > Nokia E71 > iPhone 2G > HTC Magic > HTC HD2 > Samsung Galaxy Note > Galaxy S4 I9500
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acidburn89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blecap
Old
Thanks Meter 1
any idea how to fix the SOD?

jeffs99
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I have a brand new International Galaxy Note and am about to start this ICS install.

Do I need to do some type of full backup of my present GB install before starting if for everwhat reason I want to return my Note back to 100% original stock install?

Thanks

m2b999
Old
(Last edited by m2b999; 26th February 2012 at 06:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs99 View Post
I have a brand new International Galaxy Note and am about to start this ICS install.

Do I need to do some type of full backup of my present GB install before starting if for everwhat reason I want to return my Note back to 100% original stock install?

Thanks
YES, totally! You should backup you GB in case anything goes wrong after the successful flashing, like me... Do a CWM backup and you should be fine and add a RomToolbox or TitaniumBackup of your apps. Also, if you can do sms/mms/contact/calendar/pictures backup through myBackupPro or something similar, that would be great!

Bunch of Nokias
iPhone > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > I'm done with iPhones
Galaxy Note > Galaxy S3 > Galaxy Note 2 > I'm done with Samsung
LG Optimus G 4G AT&T
Google Nexus 4
Zopo ZP950+
Sony Xperia Z
BACK --- Galaxy Note 3

LG Nexus 5
Oppo N1 CyanogenMod Edition

entaro
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hi,

I'm a noob, can you explain a little bit on the part "11. start your restore, and it will work." in the "##### Getting back to your old Ginger Bread ROM :" section...

How do I exactly start the restore? sorry for the noob question...

thanks.

omrhsn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Finally I had the nerve to give it a try. Now I'm enjoying the ICS. So far so good.

Sent from my GT-I9220 using xda premium

cc1961
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Thank you for a clear and very comprehensive guide. All worked well. The only hiccup was installing CWM, and the need to put one file in one folder. Otherwise, the main issue is the slow download of files. Thank you again.

Tags
guide, ics, leak, note