Automatic bootloader UNLOCK/ROOT for AT&T 1.26/1.57/1.83/4.5.91 [UPDATE 07/31/11]

Search This thread

harobaua

Feb 16, 2012
Locked Atrix 4G

Hello all,

I have an Atrix At&t MB860 with version Android 2.3.4.
I proceed correcty the automatic Scripts for ATT steps 1 and 2 without problems. And not Unlocked?.
Continuos happening "SIM Network unlock PIN".

Thanks for attention and solution.!

ongalo

Feb 22, 2012
HELP!!!

Im a noob at unlocking phones. My atrix was rooted alrdy and attempted to the auto unlocker for my bootloader. i got to the part with the RSD and my computer recognized it. my phone screen then went black but was still on i thought it was rebooting but it stayed that way for over ten min. i didnt know what to do so i popped the battery and now it wont turn on. the only thing that happens is the green light turns on when i plug it back in the usb, but goes away if i hit the power button. HELP PLZZZ

consolation

Apr 18, 2010
Redmi Note 9t
Works on virgin AT&T 4.5.141

Unlock and Root work fine onlocked 4.5.141 (unlocked sim, locked BL, rooted).

P.S. The recovery that is installed is very old, you will need to update the CWR before flashing custom ROMs.

Last edited:

Admin2012

Feb 23, 2012
http://www.multiupload.com/

It appears the Feds have blocked multiupload.com. Does anyone have a mirror site?

Attachments

• banner.jpg
    banner.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 70

dlkann

Apr 4, 2008

I used this post to upgrade my Atrix 4g to 4.91 I unlocked the bl and rooted it

How do I now use this to Upgrade to 4.5.141.?

Do I do the OTA then run this script again.

Confused in STL

Thegreatbrandini

Nov 3, 2011
Wells
It appears the Feds have blocked multiupload.com. Does anyone have a mirror site?

Yeah, Mutliupload is blocked :( any other upload site to retrieve this file? or email me?

On another note, and apologies for being new. I am attempting to unlock the bootloader, and root device using this tool. I am familiar with CWM I have ran cm7 and now I am using cm9 on my touchpad. I never had to unlock the bootloader as it was already unlocked. My question is, using 1-click root tool to root device will that allow me to flash different roms on the device? The noob guides are unclear on this.

if not, that's fine. I'm just having a hard time unlocking the bootloader. I've attempted multiple methods. If someone wants to be a hero, shoot me a pm.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Yeah, Mutliupload is blocked :( any other upload site to retrieve this file? or email me?

On another note, and apologies for being new. I am attempting to unlock the bootloader, and root device using this tool. I am familiar with CWM I have ran cm7 and now I am using cm9 on my touchpad. I never had to unlock the bootloader as it was already unlocked. My question is, using 1-click root tool to root device will that allow me to flash different roms on the device? The noob guides are unclear on this.

if not, that's fine. I'm just having a hard time unlocking the bootloader. I've attempted multiple methods. If someone wants to be a hero, shoot me a pm.

read back a few pages and found mirror. can't link because i don't have 8 posts.

Jul 22, 2011
Hello mates,
Both of the mirrors that has been posted gives the same failure when I try to unzip it: the package is damaged blah blah.
can someone post it again?

filipelb

Feb 17, 2012
I just can't find my unique ID trying to unlock bootloader, it just don't show me:

what am I doing wrong?
Some important infos, I guess:
I'm with 4.5.141 version
I type item 3.(4.5.91) when it asks for my currently version.
mine atrix is already rooted, but never changed its roms, or tryed.

ty

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

Hello mates,
Both of the mirrors that has been posted gives the same failure when I try to unzip it: the package is damaged blah blah.
can someone post it again?

one page behind, at post # 832,there is a link from mediafire.

Effulgence

Feb 19, 2012
Littleton, CO
Thank you so much for this! I was scared at first that I would brick my device with all the complex instructions, but then I found this :)
I did get a failed to boot x1000 but I just did a battery pull and resumed. There's a menu for it on the command file too. Good luck to all you guys and happy flashing!!

Reactions: waltercell

greenstrat67

Apr 3, 2011
Procedure:
1. Download the following file from this link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JP9ZG268

2. Unzip the file inside of a new folder on your hard disk
3. Double check if actually you have a “unlock” bootloader unit ready to flash a ROM (prerequisite). How do you do this? Turn off complete your unit then press and hold vol down key and turn on your unit until it show up a tag “Unlocked” upper left corner and under this tag show up “Fastboot” release the vol down key
4. Now press vol up key to enter to the “Fastboot” mode
5. A tag under Fastboot will show up as follow: “Starting Fastboot protocol support”
6. Now is time to run the magic, go to the carpet you just unzip the file and double press or run “clean_4.5.91_ATT” file
7. A new windows DOS windows box will show up, now just press any key to continue on each part of the process
8. Flashing System / Webtop / Preinstall will take a little longer (aprox. 1 minute each) so be patience and let the magic do their work
9. At the end of the process you will be ask to reboot your phone automatic.
10. Enjoy it!

PROS:
• This procedure will actually CLEAN complete your phone except your INTERNAL & EXTERNAL sdcards.
• At the end you will have a Phone running pristine images of 4.5.91
• You will ended with an automatic root system, you just need to install Superuser from the market after first boot, no more hassles looking for rooting options
• You will end with Official Mobile Hotspot working so no more APN hacks or third hands apk from the market.
Can anyone help me out please. I need to do this again but I cannot find the clean_4.5.91_ATT.bat file anywhere. Can someone tell me where to get it? Thanks much, greenstrat67

Jul 22, 2011
Can I unlock the bootloader on 99% battery? Even though I bought a new one, it won't load 'till 100%, and I really want to unlock it already.

BeachBum68

May 2, 2007
Salem
shortfuse.org has a link to depositfiles.com for v2.33 of SuperOneClick at:

http [colon-slash-slash] depositfiles.com [slash] files [slash] n0dcxce3t

You'll have to fill in the blanks as I can't post urls yet.
--Bruno

ErnestoD

Apr 10, 2010
Montevideo
I´d like to know if ths procedure is/will be for version 4.5.191. If is/wont be, is there any way to unlock bootloader in this version.

Thanks

andanao2

Feb 25, 2012
Unique ID not valid

This is my first phone and i've been reading for a bit on how to unlock the bootloader, i recently upgraded to 4.5.141 and read that this worked to unlock it
I follow everything and then i get Failed to boot, from there i followed the onscreen instructions and then i get my unique ID and then i go on to step nine where you have to type in your unique ID once i put it in i get: <bootloader> Unique ID is not valid Aborting.
Then i press a key to continue and the phone reboots on the failed to boot 0x1000 and it repeats

Please Help Thanks

P.s. I have also tried pulling the battery and i still get the failed to boot screen

BeachBum68

May 2, 2007
Salem
4.5.141 Boot unlock

So at this point, are we "comfortable" that this procedure will successfully unlock an Atrix 4G with system version 4.5.141.MB880.ATT.en.US, running Android 2.3.6?
Just want a confirmation from a more advanced user.
I'm relatively new to Android so I wanted some definitive confirmation.
Thanks for your time.

Harrison85

Jul 11, 2010
Ft Sill - Oklahoma
So at this point, are we "comfortable" that this procedure will successfully unlock an Atrix 4G with system version 4.5.141.MB880.ATT.en.US, running Android 2.3.6?
Just want a confirmation from a more advanced user.
I'm relatively new to Android so I wanted some definitive confirmation.
Thanks for your time.

Yes I can confirm it does work. any questions please reply ill do my best to answer them

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

This is my first phone and i've been reading for a bit on how to unlock the bootloader, i recently upgraded to 4.5.141 and read that this worked to unlock it
I follow everything and then i get Failed to boot, from there i followed the onscreen instructions and then i get my unique ID and then i go on to step nine where you have to type in your unique ID once i put it in i get: <bootloader> Unique ID is not valid Aborting.
Then i press a key to continue and the phone reboots on the failed to boot 0x1000 and it repeats

Please Help Thanks

P.s. I have also tried pulling the battery and i still get the failed to boot screen

Hi there, did you try the fix for that error, option 3. pull battery hold the down volume rocker until you have fastboot protocol started. then follow on screen instructions.

give me a shout if you have any more questions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATED/CLEAN SCRIPT V4.2 07/31/11 8:00PM EST

PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE ANY FILE PERMISION OR COMPATIBILITY JUST RUN THE SCRIPT

* I consolidate everything in a single menu, so now Automatic Bootloader Unlock, Automatic Root for Unlock users, Automatic CWM for Unlock users, Mobile Hotspot for Unlock users, Automatic Fix for Softbrick (NO OS SCREEN/some "Failed to boot 0x1000"), fastboot/moto-fastboot checking for troubleshot & Official GB 2.3.4/4.5.91 Restore from Motorola

* Default CWM now: Tenfar's recovery-en-goapk-0630-1029

* Optional CWM Rom Manager's recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.4-olympus

attachment.php

* New executable file "MAIN"

* Now with menu selection to chose what version come from to apply the correct pudding

* Added compatibility layer for Windows 7 x64 users as follow: "set __COMPAT_LAYER=WINXPSP2" <----- I JUST REMOVED

Check screenshots of each step side by side (PC <-> Phone Screen)

AFTER GET THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK YOU CAN ONLY FLASH BY RSD SBF'S WITH "PUDDING" FOR NOW ON, SO IN OTHER WORDS BE CAREFULLY WHEN YOU USE RSD AFTER "UNLOCKED" BOOTLOADER

* CONFIRMED, IS SAFE TO RSD THIS SPECIFIC SBF FROM MOTOROLA:
    1FF-olympus-user-2.3.4-4.5.91-110625-release-keys-signed-ATT-US-GAS_NA_OLPSGBATTSPE_P011.sbf
    MD5: 56721d893e43b814e95683a00b165555
    SHA1: e00786e975b4f1d9fba2ff90c1ee6bbf95bb47b2

SO NOW ON FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER USERS THIS CAN BE A BASE IF SOMETHING GO WRONG AND YOU NEED OUT OF THE BOX STATE FROM MOTOROLA
    Need to be flash with RSDlite V5.3.1

Prerequisite:
    1. ATT ATRIX 4G device
    2. Windows PC
    4. No matter what version you have 1.26 / 1.57 / 1.83 / 4.5.91 (*)
    5. Proper USB drivers Installed (You can found them at: http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-...tware_and_Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-Drivers)
    6. A little of Patience

PROS:
    * You will ended with an unlock bootloader (BL)

Procedure:
    1. Download the attached file
    2. Unzip the file inside of a new folder on your hard disk
    3. Now is time to run the magic, go to the folder you just unzip the files in and double click or run "MAIN" file
    4. A new windows DOS box will show up and just follow the procedure!
    5. Flashing pudding part will take a little longer so be patience and let the magic do their work
    6. At the end of the process your phone will reboot automatic.
    7. Enjoy it!

Thanks to the2dCour for pudding sbf
    Thanks to Tenfar for CWM (I prefer it due to the ABD option in recovery! NICE)
    Thanks t0dbld for Mobile Hotspot patch

(*) Some users with 4.5.91 will need to run "fix" file to recover from a softbrick after the first attempt
    (*) It seemd the new 2.3.4/4.5.91 pudding do a wipe after flash it, so have a backup just in case (I tested 1.83 and at least this preserve the data)

Download file here V4.2:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NXU82L12

attachment.php

attachment.php
    Can anyone provide a new link for the files page. Megaupload has been seized.

Thanks in advance.

http://j.mp/Ate8E5

I had to find it in a youtube video
    Re: Automatic bootloader UNLOCK/ROOT for AT&T 1.26/1.57/1.83/4.5.91 [UPDATE 07/31/11]

If anybody in need of automatic unlocker here the new link u can download here http://db.tt/Iy5Mx5pz

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    I've just got my New ATT 2.3.6 Build 4.5.141
    I'm going to unlock the BL using this method in order to flash Neutrino EE
    However the Megaupload link from the OP doesn't work : Download file here V4.2:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NXU82L12

Can anyone share a mirror or upload a Dropbox link or something? It would be much appreciated and wish me luck :)

Just uploaded ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23255832/Atrix Unlock/AUTOMATIC_UNLOCK_V4.2.zip

Enjoy :)