5,598,542 Members 44,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to unthrottle yourself!

Tip us?

Maroon Mushroom
Old
(Last edited by Maroon Mushroom; 26th February 2012 at 05:53 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Angry How to unthrottle yourself!

Big thanks to the group of testers that PM'd me!

I posted a guide for you guys to unthrottle yourself.

DISCLAIMER: STILL UNDER TESTING AND METHODS MAY BE PATCHED

Sorry but I'm not going to repost the guide here. Giving you guys a link to the thread because I promised you guys I would write one.
iPhone 3G > Captivate > Aria > Focus > Atrix 4g > AT&T Galaxy S2 > International Galaxy Note > AT&T Galaxy Note > AT&T One X > HSPA Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 7 > iPhone 5 > > Galaxy S3 > 16gb Nexus 4 > Galaxy S4 > 2013 Nexus 7 32gb > Nexus 5 White 32gb
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maroon Mushroom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mchao92
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thank you very much for your resource! However, when I put the APN settings into my phone, there is no radio button to select the HSPA+ APN. Do you happen to have a solution for me?
Got funny pictures of your Deadzebra Android Figurines?
http://androidinmysoup.tumblr.com/

Maroon Mushroom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchao92 View Post
Thank you very much for your resource! However, when I put the APN settings into my phone, there is no radio button to select the HSPA+ APN. Do you happen to have a solution for me?
I would recommend doing it from APN manager rather than from the stock settings menu. You should have more luck with that.

Stock settings menu is very finicky.
iPhone 3G > Captivate > Aria > Focus > Atrix 4g > AT&T Galaxy S2 > International Galaxy Note > AT&T Galaxy Note > AT&T One X > HSPA Galaxy Nexus > Nexus 7 > iPhone 5 > > Galaxy S3 > 16gb Nexus 4 > Galaxy S4 > 2013 Nexus 7 32gb > Nexus 5 White 32gb

s1mpd1ddy
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon Mushroom View Post
Big thanks to the group of testers that PM'd me!

I posted a guide for you guys to unthrottle yourself.

DISCLAIMER: STILL UNDER TESTING AND METHODS MAY BE PATCHED

Sorry but I'm not going to repost the guide here. Giving you guys a link to the thread because I promised you guys I would write one.
Good stuff bro. I got unthrottled this month using the first method by switching from atrix to note

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

TASL
Old
Thanks Meter 11
When I tried method one back on my skyrocket, using a blackberry, the blackberry data plan did not work with my android phone. Most guides tell you that you need to call and switch your data plan back to tte phone you want to use. It doesn't matter that it reverts you to the original phone, it is the fact that the throttled plan is initially removed.

Next time I get throttled I'm going to try switching data plans through the My Att apparently, which should also ttrigger the removal of the throttled data plan. Save me the hassle of having to call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

TASL
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Also the APN should be:

Name: whatever u want
APN: phone
APN type: internet

The separately for mms:

Name: whatever
APN: all that cingular junk
APN type: MMS

The reason it did not have a radio button for u is because you set it to only mms (which is what the guide told you to do without stating it was for mms only).

The Following User Says Thank You to TASL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Maroon Mushroom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TASL View Post
When I tried method one back on my skyrocket, using a blackberry, the blackberry data plan did not work with my android phone. Most guides tell you that you need to call and switch your data plan back to tte phone you want to use. It doesn't matter that it reverts you to the original phone, it is the fact that the throttled plan is initially removed.

Next time I get throttled I'm going to try switching data plans through the My Att apparently, which should also ttrigger the removal of the throttled data plan. Save me the hassle of having to call.

That's why you can do it with any HSPA android IMEI.

Maroon Mushroom
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TASL View Post
Also the APN should be:

Name: whatever u want
APN: phone
APN type: internet

The separately for mms:

Name: whatever
APN: all that cingular junk
APN type: MMS

The reason it did not have a radio button for u is because you set it to only mms (which is what the guide told you to do without stating it was for mms only).

Thanks. Forgot to divide the APNs. Updated guide.

Johnsondr80
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4995

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon Mushroom View Post
We already know that's not the case though. If AT&T forced everyone over, there would be a public outcry from 100% of the unlimited users. But right now, only 5% of those users are being hurt by this.

Getting throttled while using 2gb is NOT abuse of the network.
And those two percent cave in.....and tier theirplan to enjoy service again.
Allowing at&t to grab the next 2% to refill the top 5%.

They are killing it softly.
Had a friend to cave in. I was there when he was throttled once. It was like stoneage edge network....no thanks!
T_T
My Current Devices: GalaxyNote And SkyRocket
If you Would Like to Make a monetary Contribution to the team for their time and energy
Never Required But Greatly Appreciated

vizographic
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Maroon, this insanity must stop! Post after post, chockfull of relevant and usefully info......at this rate I'm going to run out of thanks, show some mercy. Oh hell, thanks again Maroon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to vizographic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]