Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Screen blank on power on

1st October 2011, 10:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

213 posts
I've had a problem with my E900 since I got it with regards to the screen. I was hoping Mango might fix it but it doesn't seem to have.

Sometimes if I press the power button the screen backlight comes on (i.e. screen goes from off state to powered) but there is nothing on the screen. No amount of button pressing will cause the screen to show anything.

If this happens I have to turn the device off again (backlight then goes off) and try again. Sometimes it can take 2-3 times before it turns on successfully with the lock screen.

I also have this if an incoming call attempts to wake the phone and also alarms too.

Does anyone else have this issue?
5th October 2011, 10:45 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I confirm this one popping sometimes. Not that often that it becomes annoying, but nevertheless.
22nd February 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #3  

11 posts
Did you find a solution to this problem? I am experiencing it too and it is very annoying!
22nd February 2012, 11:32 PM   |  #4  
UK
Thanks Meter: 229

692 posts
I've recently inherited one as well (E900 that is).

The one I have has been dropped, the backlight powers, but no drawing on the screen.

I've disassembled and re plugged everything (bugger stripping down!) but still no luck. I've done a VolUp+Down+Cam+power hard reset, and when I plug into PC Zune says setup needs completing (so it has reformatted) but still no luck.

I cant see anything fried, and no damaged ribbons as far as I can see, any ideas?
23rd February 2012, 08:47 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

213 posts
I sold the phone a while ago, and never solved the problem. I think it's a firmware issue.
23rd February 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #6  
Flag Sarajevo

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMdx

I've had a problem with my E900 since I got it with regards to the screen. I was hoping Mango might fix it but it doesn't seem to have.

Sometimes if I press the power button the screen backlight comes on (i.e. screen goes from off state to powered) but there is nothing on the screen. No amount of button pressing will cause the screen to show anything.

If this happens I have to turn the device off again (backlight then goes off) and try again. Sometimes it can take 2-3 times before it turns on successfully with the lock screen.

I also have this if an incoming call attempts to wake the phone and also alarms too.

Does anyone else have this issue?

hi.
What do you mean "somethimes if I press power button"?
Is it pressed with purpose to lock the phone, press it to turn off phone (background slider shows to power off - on Mango and beyond version) or press it accidentally?
Cheers.
24th February 2012, 04:08 PM   |  #7  

11 posts
So, I did a phone reset. Unfortunately the issue is still present!

Sometimes when I press the power button to unlock the phone the screen is lit, but stays blank i.e. no lockscreen wallpaper, no nothing. The same happens sometimes when I get a phone call - the phone rings and vibrates, the screen is lit but stays blank.
When this happens I have to press the power button to put the phone into sleep mode and press it again to wake it up.
What I found is, when the issue occurs the screen is actually responsive. For example I can slid up and unlock the phone then I hear the unlock "pop" sound. It's just that nothing is drawn on it!
I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same behavior and found a resolution. Also I am not sure if this is a software or a hardware problem. If I could confirm it was a hardware problem I would call LG and have the phone repaired or replaced.
26th February 2012, 09:55 AM   |  #8  

3 posts
i have exactly the same issue as you, it gets really annoying.
i heard from someone online that the only way to resolve it is to replace the motherboard
26th February 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #9  

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybrown

i have exactly the same issue as you, it gets really annoying.
i heard from someone online that the only way to resolve it is to replace the motherboard

I am pretty certain this is a hardware issue. I am calling LG tomorrow and hopefully they'll take the phone for repair/replacement.
14th March 2012, 08:50 PM   |  #10  

11 posts
I sent my phone for repair. Today I got it back, and guess what?!
The issue is still present! It seems, they "couldn't reproduce" or something.
What should I do now?

EDIT: If anyone is interested, here is a video I just captured which clearly demonstrates the problem. http://youtu.be/38kF9RYs_bU

I'm sending the phone back for repair tomorrow with this video attached.
Last edited by prelud; 14th March 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread