Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Working On A Guide For Flashing Incredible 2 Over To Straight Talk

Tip us?

canaanp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I can probably help you guys out if you are still interested. I do not have the incredible 2, but I have done this with another android phone.

dalethefarmer
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaanp View Post
I can probably help you guys out if you are still interested. I do not have the incredible 2, but I have done this with another android phone.
I can use some help flashing the original incredible from Verizon, PM me or email dalethefarmer at gmail dot com. Please.

sapplegater
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Well, currently I'm on hold on flashing my Incredible 2 over the charger port has broke, second time I've had it happened >

Tim4717
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Has anyone figured this out? I currently am using my Droid INC 2 on straight talk and am able to send / receive texts calls and all that but cannot get 3g. Anyone able to help me out?

canaanp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim4717 View Post
Has anyone figured this out? I currently am using my Droid INC 2 on straight talk and am able to send / receive texts calls and all that but cannot get 3g. Anyone able to help me out?
Sometimes it takes 72 hours to get 3G, IME. Are you using a 3G capable donor phone? If so and you wait that long and still don't have it, call ST support and tell them you aren't getting 3G speeds, without mentioning the swap of course...

jawoo2006
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'd hate to revive a month old thread but I did come across this guide for flashing it for Cricket. If someone could adapt it for StraightTalk that would be awesome!
http://prepaidflash.org/index.php?ti...e_2_to_cricKet

AZKJS
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I'm getting about sick of the Verizon service in my area. I'm about to can my contract for good, but I like my DInc2 a lot. I'm running cm9 4.0.4 and its truly incredible now. Does anyone know if the straight talk sim cards will work with the GSM radio in thus phone on any rom?
I'm tempted to get one to try buy I just wonder if someone already has...
WTF is an eye phone?
Current Devices:
Sprint SM-T217S
LG Nexus 5

Retired Devices:
Google Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Nexus-I9250, HTC Aria, Samsung Captivate, HTC Incredible 2, Acer Iconia A500, Amazon Kindle FIRE, Google Nexus 7 8GB (pre-ordered 1st Gen)

Dropbox! So useful for sharing files among multiple computers and ANDROID devices. Get 2.30GB storage free -> LINK

avishayftl
Old
Thanks Meter 10
it will work just fine for text and talk but the internet will be slow because the phone get only 2G Edge so that's the only problem if u don't care about the speed it will be fine for u

titanguy7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the Droid Incredible 2 Global on the Straight talk Network through the Sim Card.

The only problem is I can only get Edge network. Any ideas on how to get the 3G?

avishayftl
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanguy7 View Post
I have the Droid Incredible 2 Global on the Straight talk Network through the Sim Card.

The only problem is I can only get Edge network. Any ideas on how to get the 3G?
there is nothing u can do sorry

what r the speeds that u r getting?