[Q] Htc tp2 (us cellular)

27th February 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have the tp2 us cellular phone its a cdma with a sim slot under the battery. It shows the sim is unlocked in the security setting. I have done the hard sl flash and added mighyrom to the phone. What it comes down to what i'm trying to do is make so that I'm able to use it with tmobile/iwireless for the sim card I have. When I switch to gsm I get no network found but when it boots its says its found the network for the iwireless but i'm not able to connect to in the settings. It shows that i have a 2.18.00WV radio. Not sure how I set it up so that i can find my network for the tmobile in iowa and get connected to it. I've search high and low in the search and no answers your help is much appreciated
27th February 2012, 04:39 PM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,550

11,213 posts
Donate to Me
More
I guess try updating the radio? 2.18 is pretty old, I'm on 2.37.

Also, I don't think a WV radio is unlocked. I'm pretty sure that's still SIM locked.

hSPL and SIM unlock are two different things .
28th February 2012, 10:10 AM   |  #3  
Flag St. Louis, MO.
Thanks Meter: 9

208 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realseriouz24

I have the tp2 us cellular phone its a cdma with a sim slot under the battery. It shows the sim is unlocked in the security setting. I have done the hard sl flash and added mighyrom to the phone. What it comes down to what i'm trying to do is make so that I'm able to use it with tmobile/iwireless for the sim card I have. When I switch to gsm I get no network found but when it boots its says its found the network for the iwireless but i'm not able to connect to in the settings. It shows that i have a 2.18.00WV radio. Not sure how I set it up so that i can find my network for the tmobile in iowa and get connected to it. I've search high and low in the search and no answers your help is much appreciated

The sim may say it is unlocked but it is probably unlocked for non-us networks. If you have the WV radio then you are NOT fully sim unlocked.
You need to go here:

http://rhodiumw.htc-unlocks.com/
Last edited by mr.horndoctor; 28th February 2012 at 10:13 AM.
1st March 2012, 05:04 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realseriouz24

I heard that if after Hardspling the US Cellular tp2 you install an early version of the sprint shipped Rom and then install Mighty Rom. You will be able to use the TP2 with Tmobile or any other GSM network. Since you are already HSPLed ( Imean your phone not you personally , it will not be hard to try.
Last edited by ccengineer; 1st March 2012 at 05:09 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread