Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.FB21_CL159837 (FB21 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted)

OP sfhub

25th February 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #11  
Flag Falling Waters, WV
Thanks Meter: 971

4,348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quazimodem

I nandroided to my GB setup, got the lock, then flashed this release.

Anyone know of a way to odin the FB15 modem?

Yes get the fb15 modem tar. Look in sfhubs thread on the fb15 rooted tar. He has the.modem tar in there to flash in Odin.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to musclehead84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2012, 09:41 PM   |  #12  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 45

315 posts
GPS problem
Does anypone know how to fix where the GPS would lose tracking and stop working afterward.

I would have to do a reboot to get it working.
25th February 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #13  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,253

2,291 posts
More
Once again, thank you sfhub for the outstanding work!!

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Just curious, has anyone tried this via Mobile Odin? I've used Odin via PC; many times to save my ass and I love my Rogue Gunslinger recovery too. But and haven't used the Mobile Odin before. Would it be safe to use it to do a full wipe/flash via Mobile Odin?
25th February 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #14  
Rural Maryland
Thanks Meter: 69

514 posts
More
Thanks Bro. Now i can get to some flashing. Any issues so far with FB21? Heard there were some heating issues.
25th February 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #15  
Flag Cybertron/Earth
Thanks Meter: 1,017

1,074 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyone think I can flash this kernel on Cm9 without a brick or breaking mostly everything? Well I guess since I still have my Old Epic Just In case I shall Demo It. Nope, I wont do that cause I know the files to support CM9 arent included. Thanks OP can't wait to get a ICS rom without Bugs and Stuff. Great, Awesome Work!
25th February 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #16  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatter39

Thanks Bro. Now i can get to some flashing. Any issues so far with FB21? Heard there were some heating issues.

Heating issue confirmed. Wi-Fi disabled while phone was idle. Had to reboot phone to get it active again. Will update on any other bug found.
The Following User Says Thank You to thatdude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 12:22 AM   |  #17  
Flag Hellabama
Thanks Meter: 1,483

2,943 posts
More
I've been running this since earlier today and so far (crosses fingers) haven't encountered the overheating, wifi, notification or even bluetooth bugs mentioned throughout a few different threads.
26th February 2012, 02:42 AM   |  #18  
Flag Somewhere Else
Thanks Meter: 311

987 posts
More
Thumbs up
Thanks for providing your services!

Figured I'd try this out to see whats up and so far so good. I used Odin to install (full wipe) coming from your EL29 version. I've noticed this has quite a few programs "running" which you can stop, and may be why some are feeling the heat and lackluster battery performance with the phone crunching extra data. Wifi works very well and seems quicker then the previous EL versions on testing.

My GPS is completely kaput, but the Google triangulation works extremely well even if it never locks on a GPS signal (Neither does the ol' GPS status flush trick). My GPS has always been weak sauce on this phone, but still hoping its software since in the past a fresh reboot brings it to life, no longer the case on this ROM and/or Radio for me at least.

Even so, I'm digging the ROM and even TW to some capacity... I also have a 55" Samsung TV, and Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I like the sharing capability it has between all the devices... So futuristic.
27th February 2012, 05:03 AM   |  #19  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
More
I seem to have a bug going on in every version of Fb21 on my et4g that I've tried in the last few days. The vibrate for notifications does not work. It works for calls, but not texts, emails, and the such. Anyone else come accross this? Haven't seen it posted anywhere.
28th February 2012, 06:57 AM   |  #20  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 17

301 posts
More
Weird thing happened to my Market. All of a sudden when I click on my apps, I only see this message saying "apps and games owned by this device will appear here" but nothing is shown. I saw this first on my Epic Touch and now the problem carried over to my Asus Tablet Market. Anyone know what his behavior is? Thanks

dja2k

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread