No registration required
Thread Deleted

Activating My Imagio

OP jadesse

27th October 2010, 03:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

517 posts
I just bought a HTC Imagio off of ebay & need some help. I do realize What I am going to ask cannot be discussed hear but if someone could give me some help via PM I would greatly appreciate it. If you have a Pay-Pal account I would be willing buy you a couple whoever a few cups of coffee or a case of beer. What I am hoping to accomplish is making the Imagio think its my Vogue on VZW by yes changing the Imagioís ESN. I know this can be done but not talked about on here. I guess this could be slightly illegal.. I should be able to use my Imagio on VZWís network without a data plan especially since I didnít buy the phone from VZW.

I am currently using a Vogue which is activated under my companies VZW account without a data plan. I donít really need the data plan either. This is because I canít get my work email through my phone anyway. My company doesnít consider Window Mobile as part of their corporate standard. I have survived this long without a data plan & donít need on now. My laptop does have a wireless card anyway.

Also the GPS on my Vogue is unreliable too. Onetime it will lock within a few seconds & the next time it might take minutes. I have been playing with the Imagio for the last couple of days & it locks within 10 seconds every time when using TomTom.

What I am hoping to accomplish is making the Imagio think its my Vogue on VZW by yes changing the Imagioís ESN. I know this can be done but not talked about on here. I guess this could be slightly illegal.. I should be able to use my Imagio on VZWís network without a data plan especially since I didnít buy the phone from VZW.

My Imagio has been unlocked (not by me) hopefully this isnít a problem to accomplish my goal.
28th November 2010, 11:31 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

517 posts
This has been successfully completed. I am willing to help out anyone else too.
4th December 2011, 03:45 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Activation of HTC Imagio
Please inform me on how you got the HTC Imagio w/o the mandatory data plan! I've been wanting to get the phone, but could never figure out how to have it activated without the data plan. I have a data restriction on Microsoft Kin TwoM but can still send/receive picture messages.
27th February 2012, 06:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Talking Help doing the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadesse

This has been successfully completed. I am willing to help out anyone else too.

Hello,

Would you be able to school me on how to do this? I have an LG Dare whose touch screen stopped working, and I just got an Imagio as a present, but I only use phones for the simple stuff, strictly picking up calls and some texts, so I don't see the use of a data plan. I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me out. My email is ladyblaze728@hotmail.com. Thank you for your time and help.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread