Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 51,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Sky Go for Android (UK ONLY)

Tip us?

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1379

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnathan View Post
I would, but unfortunately I have no idea how to do that sorry. If you point me in the right direction I'll happily do it!
Google how to use adb

Sent from my GT-I9100
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

Zammo76
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by basscowboy View Post
I think it might be something to do with S-OFF as well.

On my wife's Desire HD, she has S-OFF and can get the Sky News channel working only, I've got ENG S-OFF and get nothing !!!

Even when I restore a stock ROM / KERNEL that's rooted......
My HTC Desire is S-OFF and Sky Go works fully with the stock kernel and ROM. Make sure you install Voodoo OTA BEFORE you install skygo_test.apk to get it working.

On a separate note I think we need to create an invite only thread where people can work on this hack, as Sky devs are probably viewing whats on here and writing their updates around blocking whats been created.

ferraridave
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnathan View Post
I'm currently using the Speedmod SGS2 kernel and all channels play fine when I hide root. Let me know if anyone needs more details about this. I think this is interesting as this clearly is a non standard kernel surely?

This is on my Galaxy S2, I9100.
Can confirm this works for me too, at work until tonight, so had a look for/proc/config.gz with root explorer and it's not visible, but will pull and upload it tonight if no one else beats me to it.
Also noticed that if I temp unroot with a cf root kernel, then reboot then it stays unrooted, but with speedmod it re-roots itself after every reboot, don't know it that's relevant.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

maltloaf
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
Flash stock lph kernel, you will keep root. If you need recovery just Flash back to cf-root first.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Thank you, where do I get just the stock lph kernel from ?

I'm presuming I run rootkeeper before the flash of the unrooted kernel otherwise how does the root stick ?

Is there a cwm flashable stock lph anywhere ? my mac doesn't play nicely with Odin.

thank you

malty
Smartphone History. Nokia 9110, Nokia 7650, XDA, XDA2, XDA2i, XDA2s, N95, E71, N82, iPhone, iPhone 3G, HTC Hero, iPhone 3GS, T-Mobile Pulse, iPhone 4, ZTE Blade, Motorola Defy, Google Nexus S, Dell Streak 5, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Motorola Defy Mini, iPhone 5, Sony Xperia Z1

rozel
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
Flash stock lph kernel, you will keep root. If you need recovery just Flash back to cf-root first. Sent from my GT-I9100
Ahh - thanks for that - I was going to post to find out the answer to this.

I too had rooted my phone using CF-root and to get Sky Go working have flashed the Stock kernal for my Stock Rom (Gingerbread 2.3.4 on an unbranded CPW phone). I am not going to mess with my Rom until there is an Official ICS Rom, but enough of that.

Whilst I was warned that flashing the Stock kernal would mean recovery would be lost, I have flashed, got Sky Go working - woohoo! and would confirm that the ability to backup and/or recover using either CWM or Rom Manager is lost.

OK some questions: -

1. So all I need to do is flash my original CF-root file in Odin and I am back to where I started? In other words, if I mess up flashing then CWM will see my backup made just before flashing the Stock kernal?

2. Having tried to flash CWM whilst using the Stock kernal in CWM have I messed up? Before I try this can I be sure that after flashing CF-root again, will CWM automatically then be able to backup and Restore?

Finally - a big thanks to all the guys who have made the Sky Go app work - I watched the footy over the week end using it and it was marvellous

I just hope a better solution will be on it's way in the not too distant future

chrisw99
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorer View Post
Yes it seems none of the HTC devices on Sky's supported list have been reported working still beyond Sky News unless they are on stock ROM and never been rooted.
Not true. I have a fully rooted Sensation, and just use OTA Rootkeeper to temp unroot when I want to watch Sky Go.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisw99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

x2srj
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post

I'm presuming I run rootkeeper before the flash of the unrooted kernel otherwise how does the root stick ?

Is there a cwm flashable stock lph anywhere ? my mac doesn't play nicely with Odin.

thank you

malty
here you go:
http://skywanker.net/roms/intratech/..._I9100XXLPH.7z
The Following User Says Thank You to x2srj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1379

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post

thank you

malty
Find it in intratech thread on xda. Just have root turned on before you flash, root itself is not in the kernel it is just something that the kernel injects to your rom.

Sent from my GT-I9100
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Device info:

Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1379

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozel View Post
Ahh - thanks for that - I was going to post to find out the answer to this.

I too had rooted my phone using CF-root and to get Sky Go working have flashed the Stock kernal for my Stock Rom (Gingerbread 2.3.4 on an unbranded CPW phone). I am not going to mess with my Rom until there is an Official ICS Rom, but enough of that.

Whilst I was warned that flashing the Stock kernal would mean recovery would be lost, I have flashed, got Sky Go working - woohoo! and would confirm that the ability to backup and/or recover using either CWM or Rom Manager is lost.

OK some questions: -

1. So all I need to do is flash my original CF-root file in Odin and I am back to where I started? In other words, if I mess up flashing then CWM will see my backup made just before flashing the Stock kernal?

2. Having tried to flash CWM whilst using the Stock kernal in CWM have I messed up? Before I try this can I be sure that after flashing CF-root again, will CWM automatically then be able to backup and Restore?

Finally - a big thanks to all the guys who have made the Sky Go app work - I watched the footy over the week end using it and it was marvellous

I just hope a better solution will be on it's way in the not too distant future
Yes to use recovery you will need to flash cf-root back, it will be able to see all your backups fine then.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Device info:

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nyssa1104
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson1103 View Post
What page is gumbalds 1.5 apk, i am using the 1.2 apk and it works fine still on my p1000

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
Why be lazy use the search button or look at the thread....

Samsung Galaxy S lll 9305
Samsung Galaxy S III Mini
Stock phone -Rooted
Samsung Galaxy S II
(x2) ROM: Stock XWLSW
Kernel: Phil XWLSW v5.06.6 with CWM 6.0.3.2 -exFat 64GB
Samsung Star S5230 Stock still in use!