Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,654

6,091 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnathan

I would, but unfortunately I have no idea how to do that sorry. If you point me in the right direction I'll happily do it!

Google how to use adb

Sent from my GT-I9100
27th February 2012, 09:17 AM   |  #1022  
Thanks Meter: 25

277 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by basscowboy

I think it might be something to do with S-OFF as well.

On my wife's Desire HD, she has S-OFF and can get the Sky News channel working only, I've got ENG S-OFF and get nothing !!!

Even when I restore a stock ROM / KERNEL that's rooted......

My HTC Desire is S-OFF and Sky Go works fully with the stock kernel and ROM. Make sure you install Voodoo OTA BEFORE you install skygo_test.apk to get it working.

On a separate note I think we need to create an invite only thread where people can work on this hack, as Sky devs are probably viewing whats on here and writing their updates around blocking whats been created.
27th February 2012, 09:32 AM   |  #1023  
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 27

143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnathan

I'm currently using the Speedmod SGS2 kernel and all channels play fine when I hide root. Let me know if anyone needs more details about this. I think this is interesting as this clearly is a non standard kernel surely?

This is on my Galaxy S2, I9100.

Can confirm this works for me too, at work until tonight, so had a look for/proc/config.gz with root explorer and it's not visible, but will pull and upload it tonight if no one else beats me to it.
Also noticed that if I temp unroot with a cf root kernel, then reboot then it stays unrooted, but with speedmod it re-roots itself after every reboot, don't know it that's relevant.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
27th February 2012, 09:42 AM   |  #1024  
Flag Hereford
Thanks Meter: 18

346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

Flash stock lph kernel, you will keep root. If you need recovery just Flash back to cf-root first.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Thank you, where do I get just the stock lph kernel from ?

I'm presuming I run rootkeeper before the flash of the unrooted kernel otherwise how does the root stick ?

Is there a cwm flashable stock lph anywhere ? my mac doesn't play nicely with Odin.

thank you

malty
27th February 2012, 09:45 AM   |  #1025  
Flag Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 1

48 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

Flash stock lph kernel, you will keep root. If you need recovery just Flash back to cf-root first. Sent from my GT-I9100

Ahh - thanks for that - I was going to post to find out the answer to this.

I too had rooted my phone using CF-root and to get Sky Go working have flashed the Stock kernal for my Stock Rom (Gingerbread 2.3.4 on an unbranded CPW phone). I am not going to mess with my Rom until there is an Official ICS Rom, but enough of that.

Whilst I was warned that flashing the Stock kernal would mean recovery would be lost, I have flashed, got Sky Go working - woohoo! and would confirm that the ability to backup and/or recover using either CWM or Rom Manager is lost.

OK some questions: -

1. So all I need to do is flash my original CF-root file in Odin and I am back to where I started? In other words, if I mess up flashing then CWM will see my backup made just before flashing the Stock kernal?

2. Having tried to flash CWM whilst using the Stock kernal in CWM have I messed up? Before I try this can I be sure that after flashing CF-root again, will CWM automatically then be able to backup and Restore?

Finally - a big thanks to all the guys who have made the Sky Go app work - I watched the footy over the week end using it and it was marvellous

I just hope a better solution will be on it's way in the not too distant future
27th February 2012, 10:00 AM   |  #1026  
Flag Cheshire
Thanks Meter: 46

304 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorer

Yes it seems none of the HTC devices on Sky's supported list have been reported working still beyond Sky News unless they are on stock ROM and never been rooted.

Not true. I have a fully rooted Sensation, and just use OTA Rootkeeper to temp unroot when I want to watch Sky Go.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisw99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 10:07 AM   |  #1027  
Thanks Meter: 8

211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltloaf

I'm presuming I run rootkeeper before the flash of the unrooted kernel otherwise how does the root stick ?

Is there a cwm flashable stock lph anywhere ? my mac doesn't play nicely with Odin.

thank you

malty

here you go:
http://skywanker.net/roms/intratech/..._I9100XXLPH.7z
The Following User Says Thank You to x2srj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 10:18 AM   |  #1028  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England

6,091 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltloaf

thank you

malty

Find it in intratech thread on xda. Just have root turned on before you flash, root itself is not in the kernel it is just something that the kernel injects to your rom.

Sent from my GT-I9100
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 10:20 AM   |  #1029  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England

6,091 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rozel

Ahh - thanks for that - I was going to post to find out the answer to this.

I too had rooted my phone using CF-root and to get Sky Go working have flashed the Stock kernal for my Stock Rom (Gingerbread 2.3.4 on an unbranded CPW phone). I am not going to mess with my Rom until there is an Official ICS Rom, but enough of that.

Whilst I was warned that flashing the Stock kernal would mean recovery would be lost, I have flashed, got Sky Go working - woohoo! and would confirm that the ability to backup and/or recover using either CWM or Rom Manager is lost.

OK some questions: -

1. So all I need to do is flash my original CF-root file in Odin and I am back to where I started? In other words, if I mess up flashing then CWM will see my backup made just before flashing the Stock kernal?

2. Having tried to flash CWM whilst using the Stock kernal in CWM have I messed up? Before I try this can I be sure that after flashing CF-root again, will CWM automatically then be able to backup and Restore?

Finally - a big thanks to all the guys who have made the Sky Go app work - I watched the footy over the week end using it and it was marvellous

I just hope a better solution will be on it's way in the not too distant future

Yes to use recovery you will need to flash cf-root back, it will be able to see all your backups fine then.

Sent from my GT-I9100
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennyuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 10:29 AM   |  #1030  
Flag La Reunion
Thanks Meter: 130

647 posts
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson1103

What page is gumbalds 1.5 apk, i am using the 1.2 apk and it works fine still on my p1000

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Why be lazy use the search button or look at the thread....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread