Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HowTo: Milestone X2 - 2.3.6 Root - UPDATED 09/05/2012

Tip us?

clcrawl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I suppose no one knows if it is possible to extract these carrier settings on a working phone? Then it might be a simple matter of inputting the settings you saved after your SBF (presuming you SBFed with another carriers SBF), although I presume you would need to have the phone unlocked (not bootloader, actually unlocked allowing you to program the carrier settings)? Anyone have any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafromin View Post
I spent a whole lot of time on the phone with Motorola today. If you need to RSD your phone all the small carriers that sell the Milestone X2 use the same SBF. The only difference is the carrier settings which are done at the local store, so if you need those codes or how to do it, call or go by your local carrier.

So, just to recap: The Milestone X2 SBF (2.3.5, 2.3.6) is the same for all carriers.

The reason most people could call but not use data after they flashed the SBF (2.3.5, 2.3.6) is because the voice service WILL work in your home area, but not roaming, until the carrier settings have been programed. Data will NEVER work until the carrier settings have been programed.

I hope this helps!

mettercomputers
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafromin View Post
I spent a whole lot of time on the phone with Motorola today. If you need to RSD your phone all the small carriers that sell the Milestone X2 use the same SBF. The only difference is the carrier settings which are done at the local store, so if you need those codes or how to do it, call or go by your local carrier.

So, just to recap: The Milestone X2 SBF (2.3.5, 2.3.6) is the same for all carriers.

The reason most people could call but not use data after they flashed the SBF (2.3.5, 2.3.6) is because the voice service WILL work in your home area, but not roaming, until the carrier settings have been programed. Data will NEVER work until the carrier settings have been programed.

I hope this helps!
Where can we find both sbf's if we flash in linux with sbf_flash it does not over write the radio part so should keep carrier settings right. Thanks

jaedawg89m
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default video

You are all awesome.
Someone please make a video

skwoodwiva
Old
(Last edited by skwoodwiva; 25th February 2012 at 02:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
Have you people confirmed that the oem unlock DOES NOT work on all the different Mx2's ?
IF you did try it please chime in and post your phone info.
Here is one source. At the bottom of the post w/ 2 pics about oem unlock.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32&postcount=1

mettercomputers
Old
(Last edited by mettercomputers; 26th February 2012 at 03:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwoodwiva View Post
Have you people confirmed that the oem unlock DOES NOT work on all the different Mx2's ?
IF you did try it please chime in and post your phone info.
Here is one source. At the bottom of the post w/ 2 pics about oem unlock.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32&postcount=1
Did not work

Tried it got not implemented
The Following User Says Thank You to mettercomputers For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skwoodwiva
Old
(Last edited by skwoodwiva; 25th February 2012 at 06:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
Thanks. What's on your info page?
Edit This IS such a long shot. I doubt Moto would have implemented for yours but not ours.

DavidisNumber1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hey Guys Thanks.....

I'm Finally Free Again....

You Guys Rock....

pmassey31545
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default SBF

Still kinda timid to flash a ROM as I do not have an Alltel SBF. Anyone flashed an Alltel X2 or found an Alltel SBF???

GeneratedUserName
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwoodwiva View Post
Man you are MIXING IT UP!!!
You say you used zReRecoverydx2.zip but I don't see how?? It is flashed from cwr.
Is ROM manager just confusing the issue? It does nothing on the Dx2 anyway.
The CM7apk may be what worked.
I am lost.
edit
Did you paste the files from RR? As in my reply to you?
I wanna know which rom manager?

skwoodwiva
Old
(Last edited by skwoodwiva; 29th February 2012 at 12:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
GeneratedUserName
RM Has NEVER worked on the Dx2 and I have not heard it working on a Mx2 but right here in this poster's confused discription. post 169-sorry manibengood but I am still lost.

The Following User Says Thank You to skwoodwiva For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]