Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,298 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Cyanogenmod9 ICS Android 4.0.4 RC0 (UNOFFICIAL) Beta2 4/25/2012

Tip us?

blakeatl
Old
Thanks Meter 42
The way I fixed terminal on mines was to choose reset term. After that Superuser popped up and I was able to enable root.
Make a little money when you receive a text. (5 per day).
Make even more money when you refer someone.

http://bit.ly/rOvUL6

SirRipo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenulator View Post
Slowly. I have an update for this that fixes the software keyboard from opening when the hardware keyboard is out and a fix for the terminal and built in overclock/performance settings but nothing more.

I tried decks alpha8 and was getting lockups right away. I don't remember this happening with the other roms. I also didn't see much improvent in decks rom besides maybe the graphical glitches gone but then again I only messed with it twice for about five mins each before I had to do a battery pull.

I'm hoping the cyanogenmod team gets some real official builds going cause I don't have time to be a one man dev team. Plus I enjoy a working phone. Maybe sparksco or someone can take over.

This was just ment as a preview. I didn't really plan on developing it further. The source code is out there for anyone to kangpile.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
They will be getting to us soon. The CM blog from a week or so ago stated that they are doing the Exynos chipset next, then they'll be moving to the Qualcomm MSM8660 and 7x30 chipsets (the ones powering our phones). They don't know if they'll be able to do the chipset powering the original Evo/N1, etc, but probably.
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/progress-on-cm9

sparksco
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7831

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRipo View Post
They will be getting to us soon. The CM blog from a week or so ago stated that they are doing the Exynos chipset next, then they'll be moving to the Qualcomm MSM8660 and 7x30 chipsets (the ones powering our phones). They don't know if they'll be able to do the chipset powering the original Evo/N1, etc, but probably.
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/progress-on-cm9
Um, I see a lot of people posting that same blog all the time usless it's just you That blog is really old and does not really reflect their latest update on changes. I posted a newer blog update in the nightlies thread in the general section. As you can see HERE, there is already a source available for Ace which is a 7x30 chipset...The OG Evo is not 7x30 so the shift might/should get CM9 before it hopefully.
HTC G1: Bricked
HTC G1 #2: Broke
HTC Evo Shift 4G: Active
ASUS Nexus 7: Active
LGE Nexus 4: Active

2-step unroot back to stock 2.3.4 from s-off-Evo Shift 4G
My Work-Evo Shift 4G

Lead Developer of SaberMod
Team member of AOSPAL[PSD]

If I've helped you in any way shape or form please hit the thanks button

SirRipo
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks for the update! I hadn't heard anything more on it outside of the blog post. I was just letting these guys know since they seemed to be under the impression that there might not even be anything in the cards.

Ejedias
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenulator View Post
Slowly. I have an update for this that fixes the software keyboard from opening when the hardware keyboard is out and a fix for the terminal and built in overclock/performance settings but nothing more.

I tried decks alpha8 and was getting lockups right away. I don't remember this happening with the other roms. I also didn't see much improvent in decks rom besides maybe the graphical glitches gone but then again I only messed with it twice for about five mins each before I had to do a battery pull.

I'm hoping the cyanogenmod team gets some real official builds going cause I don't have time to be a one man dev team. Plus I enjoy a working phone. Maybe sparksco or someone can take over.

This was just ment as a preview. I didn't really plan on developing it further. The source code is out there for anyone to kangpile.

Do you have those fixes implemented into the rom download or did you share a seperate zip? Sorry don't mean to not read further into it. Just constantly reading through bits and pieces of everything happening for ics for the shift.

Sent from my who gives a Shift using XDA App

anthonyf27
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Anyone having issue getting anything to download? I tried marketfix.sh but it doesn't seem to be in the most recent version. My downloads just say Downloading and the bar goes forever, never finishes.

thedoubbledonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyf27 View Post
Anyone having issue getting anything to download? I tried marketfix.sh but it doesn't seem to be in the most recent version. My downloads just say Downloading and the bar goes forever, never finishes.
I would try the market fix from the ZenMod9 thread.

Ejedias
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I did not see those fixes for the keyboard or performance in settings anywhere in the thread or on your code.google zen. Did you post those somewhere else?

Sent from my who gives a Shift using the XDA app

zenulator
Old
Retired Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 309

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejedias View Post
I did not see those fixes for the keyboard or performance in settings anywhere in the thread or on your code.google zen. Did you post those somewhere else?

Sent from my who gives a Shift using the XDA app
I never uploaded them

Ejedias
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Oh okay. Were you planning on uploading them to your google code?

Sent from my who gives a Shift using XDA App