[ROM][29 APR 12][Endymion V3.5|Sense 3.5|GB 2.3.5][kernel V2.2|ControlCenter]

Search This thread
I need your help.
What do you think are the pros of Endymion in opposite of reaper and the other way around ?

Written with bad english on my Desire S.

It will basically boil down to Sense vs AOSP.

A full comparative lowdown is beyond the scope of explanation... you have to try out both for yourself to see which one you are more compatible with. Features and specs on paper cannot compensate for the actual feel of a ROM, until you've tried it out for yourself.

Sorry buddy, no shortcuts here... for an unbiased opinion, consult yourself. Flash both and see what cranks your engine better. :)

mmarks

Mar 29, 2006
Is there any way to have 2 way recording in this Rom? I tried call recorder but it only works via the standard API and I cannot hear the other party in the recording.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Quark^2

Sep 3, 2011
Call Recorder works fine on this kernel/ROM.
I've selected "Kernel with 2-way call recording patch (root required)" and I hear both parties talking.

mmarks

Mar 29, 2006
Call Recorder works fine on this kernel/ROM.
I've selected "Kernel with 2-way call recording patch (root required)" and I hear both parties talking.

When I select this, at the bottom of the preferences it says kernel not patched or 2wrc too old

mmarks

Mar 29, 2006
Liking this a lot, wouldn't go back to sense 3.0 now but suffering from battery not lasting as long. Any suggested kernel settings to improve battery life?

nodeffect

Mar 7, 2011
Liking this a lot, wouldn't go back to sense 3.0 now but suffering from battery not lasting as long. Any suggested kernel settings to improve battery life?

U could try calibrating your battery using apps like "battery monitor" and "battery calibrate" apps, download from the market.

Or clean your battery stats from CWM after charging your battery to 100%.

crescal

Oct 6, 2010
Hong Kong
oops suddenly found that in google+ hangout the front camera orientation is not correct. the image was 90 degree rotated. am i the only one?:confused:

lowveld

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2008
Post #1000 (actually 1001 on Endy :)) Thank YOU

So, this is my post #1000, and I wanted to make it special. So, here I go, completely off-topic, talking about my XDA experience up to now, kind of an auto-biography. If you don't feel like reading my rambling, just jump to the last lines, where I tank you all. :)

I started on XDA in 2008, the proud (for a very short while) owner of a WM6 Asus P527, soon to be replaced by a HTC Touch2, again WM. Say what you will, but that phone handled what I wanted from it very well, I was actually sad to sell it last year, to scrap up some money to pay for the DS. And so I arrived to the Android world. For the first months this was pretty much stale, remember when we were almost all S-OFF? Then after the "Revolutionary Event", I stared using Virtuous Unity, and enjoying it. At this time, I was pretty much a "user only", lurking around, sometimes *****ing about something or other, but pretty much kept to myself.

Then Virtuous Unity stopped being updated, and I thought to myself "Hell, I could do this. I don't know java, but I code C for a living, how hard can it be?". So I began, enter Hyperion. I downloaded the official RUU, did the first few mods, coded a new kernel for it, and this was actually the easy part. It took me a couple of hours to fix the inverted front camera thing. Learning what the hell "odexed" meant, learning how android integrated with the underlying linux infrastructure, that was the really hard thing for me those first days. But I kept on learning, and the community kept cheering me on.

Somewhere in the Hyperion thread is a post by me saying "Got my hands on a Sensation RUU, let's see what I can do with it". And Endymion began. This was a major step up in difficulty, as Hyperion was based on a DS RUU, pretty much all worked out fine without many issues. Endy involved a lot more work, and was my first real "port". You would be surprised with how much can go wrong. Simple things that are really hard to fix. I remember on the early Endy days that the microphone worked everywhere except on the Voice Search. That almost drove me nuts...

Throughout all these projects, one thing was always there: The DS community, which I have never seen the like on any other internet forum or venue. Positive reinforcement, faith on what I could do, understanding about the failures, kind words when needed, this was the real motivator without which I would never have gone on and on. There were many of you, and I don't want to leave anyone out, but I want to thank some of those "early guys", some of which the newbies around here may not even know. Enigmaamit, for the faith in me, and the constant "marketing campaigns", Oly for *****ing around and making me improve some stuff (I still think HoneyHD rocks and stock look is for sissies), det66 for unquestioning support and a major good taste on books (det is from "detritus" from Terry Pratchet's Discworld books), ben_pyett for being exactly like he is, and probably the most faithful Endy user around (he doesn't usually sleep around with other roms :p), fbcyborg for being to my knowledge the last "original" Hyperion user left standing. And so many others... Don't feel left out if not named, I'm just coughing up names from the top of my head.

Then I decided to take another step up, and move from porting/modding/tweaking to actually building everything. Enter Reaper. This is to date what I consider my most accomplished project, and brought about another completely new level of learning. Going from smali tweaking on HTC proprietary decompiled files to android java source code is like turning on the headlights when driving on a pitch black road at night. A all new world opens up to you. Reaper tought me how android REALLY works, and taught me so much... You know that longpress keys tweaking? Just that little thing taught me the equivalent of a university level java course. And then came FTL launcher, and here I am. At this point I would also like to thank the guys that started on Reaper with me: Tectas, for always being there for testing/reporting, and for being a really good person (I don't know you that well, but I am never wrong about these things), and Treti (whom I thought I had killed the wifi chip, but it turned out I didn't). And of course, all the others that came from Endy, you're too many to mention.

This post is getting ridiculously long, I don't even know if it XDA will let me publish it. But I really want to thank you all for your support, and tell you that I have never had so much fun with any gadget as with my DS in these last months, and all because of you. I feel privileged to be part of this forum, full of inquisitive, intelligent, and overall decent human beings as you are. Decency is a rare commodity these days. And of course, a big thanks to all other devs for the work they do. Proxuser, Nexx, Superkid, you rock.

Thank you all.

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Endymion V3.5 ROM

This is based on the official 1.05.401.4 WWE RUU for Runnymede (final version - release-keys) with several tweaks and optimizations, plus a modified UNITY kernel (credits for great base go to m-deejay). Actually, this kernel is based on the Hyperion kernel, with different settings. The V2.2 Endymion kernel includes:

• - Working front facing camera
    • - Working stereo video recording
    • - No default undervolting
    • - deadline IO Scheduler as default
    • - CFQ, VR, SIO and BFQ IO Schedulers as optional
    • - CFS Scheduler
    • - Tiny RCU and other optimizations
    • - GPU tweaks

2011-10-19_18-59-49.jpg 2011-10-19_18-59-11.jpg

V3.5 builds upon V3.4, with some updates and consolidating the proven stability of previous versions. It's been over 3 months since last update, and Endymion V3.4 is still one of the most used ROMs for the Desire S. V3.5 includes Endymion Control Centre, slightly modified from V3.4. In V3.5 I removed the Pdroid and Droidwall tabs, leavin to the user the choice of installing the standalone apps or not. It makes a cleaner interface.

Endymion Control Center was built by me from the ground up. The application is programed on top of the HTC opensense SDK, seamlessly integrating with other sense elements on the rom. The Control Center is installed by default, and it detects if the optional addons package was installed. If it was, the Theme Manager part will also work, if not, all other functionalities are still available to the user.

Control Center Functionalities:

Theme manager:
    • - Theme: Stock, IceHD, HoneHD or GoldRush
    • - Fonts: Stock, Roboto, Segeo, Ubuntu
    • - Bootanimations: Stock, Speedo, Quietly Rooted, Pyral, Liquid Honeycomb, Htc Bkack, Flying Vs
    All RCTeam tweaks
    New Endy tweaks
    • - Change animations speed on the fly (with a slider)
    • - CPU Control: Control daemon controller, max an min frequencies for wake and sleep states, cpufreq governor, IO Scheduler, you name it. Taken from Reaper.
    • - AGPS Patcher: Apply/revert gps patches on the fly, taken from reaper. Credits to author on this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1442032
    • - Turn on/off GPU rendering (just for kicks, but leave it on, seriously)
    • - Change scrolling smoothness (tradeoff with speed)
    • - Change V6 Supercharger profiles on the fly (default, aggressive and insane)
    • - Change Dalvik VM Heap size (32, 48 or 64Mb)
    • - Bass boost: choose to give a bass boost on beats
    • - Disable Rosie Spinning: turn on/off the fast "caroussel" spinning of Rosie

Screenshots
    2011-12-28_23-28-41.jpg2011-12-28_23-28-49.jpg2011-12-28_23-28-57.jpg2011-12-28_23-29-04.jpg2011-12-28_23-35-25.jpg2011-12-28_23-36-07.jpg

Regarding themes, changes are valid after reboot, and do not require any sort of flashing. You can still apply any UOT mods you want, and revert back to any included themes with the Theme manager. For the IceHD and HoneyHD themes, I suggest also choosing the matching skins, also included.

Since V3.1 the addons are installed to the sdcard, so there's minimal overhead to your data and system partitions.

Note that I did not create the bootanimations, neither the IceHD and HoneyHD themes! Credits go to the original authors: he_shteone64 for the themes, and the bootanimations (and lots more) you can find here.

Description:
    - Base: 1.05.401.4 WWE RUU for Runnymede - release-keys
    - Kernel: Endymion V1.1
    - OC limited to 1459200Hz (come on guys, be sensible)
    - No default undervolting
    - Other performance teaks
    - All the other optimizations that come with the UNITY kernel
    - Android 2.3.5
    - Sense 3.5
    - Advanced Power Menu
    - deodexed
    - zip-aligned
    - Added root permissions and SuperUser
    - Unsecured boot image
    - Ad Blocker pre-installed (hosts files, no extra program needed)
    - Stock boot up and down animations
    - Busy box
    - runparts enabled (init.d scripts)
    - init.d tweaks
    - virtuous OC daemon installed
    - Performance and smoothness tweaks
    - GPU rendered UI
    - Completely stock framework
    - Pre-applied V6 Supercharger memory management - All credits to author at this thread: link
    - RCTeam tweaks (Thanks to capychimp) including:
    • - turn on/off CRT animation on screen off
    • - turn on/off CRT animation on screen on
    • - Overscroll settings
    • - Ability to choose Android Lockscreen
    • - Custom function for right button on launcher
    • - Choose between 4x4 and 5x5, transparent or not app drawer
    • - Choose "normal" or kinetic scroll on app drawer
    • - Ability to show/hide Recent Apps on notification bar
    • - Ability to customize which quick settings you want to see (sense 3.5 style)
    • - Ability to chose to show quick settings by default when no notifications are active
    • - Enable/disable Unlock animation (the spinning carousel)
    • - Enable 3D home
    • - Full 2D Ultra Smooth Rosie on/off
    • - Button backlight settings
    - Added DockMode: all credits again to capychimp
    - Added Endymion Control Center with lots of features (see description above)

Download V3.5 base rom
    http://d-h.st/gXo
    MD5SUM: 8dbdeaa8153522ee85620d98eadfa293

Download V3.5 Themes addons
    http://desworks.de/android/endymion/Endymion_V3.5_addons.zip
    MD5SUM: 35997effb86112d9b7eda03062d9ada0

Installation Instructions:

- Full wipe is required, even coming from V3.4. It's been over 3 months since I asked for a Endly clean install, so give me a break. :)
    - Install V3.5_base
    - Optionally flash V3.5 addons package. You cannot use the old addons!
    - BUT the first thing you should do after setting up your phone is go to "settings->tweaks->rosie options->enable quick scroll " and choose 2D. Trust me on this.

Upgrade Instructions:
    - No upgrade: Clean install only.

V3.5 Changelog:
    - New kernel: Added SIO, VR and BFQ IO Schedulers
    - Added "swype to remove notifications" - Credits XxXPachaXxX for figuring out the mod!
    - Updated all themes on the addons package to also support "swipe to remove notifications": You need the new addons package, old V3.1 won't work properly.
    - Removed PDroid and Droidwall from Endymion Control Centre: It's up to you to install the standalone apps if you so choose
    - Updated youtube
    - Updated facebook
    - Updated dropbox
    - Updated google maps
    - Added Ultimate Call Screen HD: Not the licensed version! Don't like it, just uninstall it!
    - Updated market to Google Play

Enjoy!

Hall of fame

I want to thank each and everyone of you who donated, no matter how much. It's very appreciated! I don't know where some came from, so this goes to Endy and Reaper threads (I think Hyperion is mostly stale).

- W, Barry Morgan
    - Marin Claudiu
    - Adrian Stöckl
    - Dave Johnson
    - Vlad Stemate
    - Marcin Szylko
    - Adrian Stöck (yes, again :))
    - Martin Östberg
    - Vladimir Iofik
    - George Simeonov
    - László Ladányi
    - Shanaz Begum
    - Andreas Hupfau
    - Jonathan Schulz
    - Antti Halonen
    - Antonio La Porta
    - Rinaldo Harahap
    - Tomas Mallafre i Gispert
    - Frantisek Repkovsky
    - Stanislav Troyeglazov
    - Stanislav Troyeglazov (yes, again :) )
    - Ariel Nemtzov
    - Vlad Stemate
    - Topias Korpi
    - Ben Pyett
    - Patrick Julius
    Issues

No issues
    Addons

Endymion sigpic - made by enigmaamit, surgeon by day, tech enthusiast and designer extraordinaire by night :)
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rLK2Jz1NTBQ/TqGRCra-XPI/AAAAAAAAAUw/37zG8HfOm8s/s800/ENDYMION.jpg

Sotck HTC Keyboard with arrows for V2.2
    http://www.multiupload.com/7KBMHD6TJX

Sotck HTC Keyboard without arrows for V2.2
    http://www.multiupload.com/57AER4BHLZ
    Just checked in after a long time to see if it was finally time to give up reaper and move to Endymion... but it seems all development is now halted, and our genius dev lowveld has left to do some other work (maybe ICS). And then suddenly i see this Sense 4 port!! I hope Endymion gets upgraded to ICS and Sense 4... would never look back if that happened!!!

Great going, DS community. There's a cookie for me everytime i check in here!

Yes lowveld, any plans to port this to ICS and Sense 4? Will be fantastic. Thanks again for your hardwork.

i don't think lowveld will release a chopped rom without full functionality (in my opinion). and without a (leaked) 3.0 kernel u will never get a full-working ics rom.
    (thats the reason why all ics roms for the desire s haven't full functionality)

but maybe in future^^

Hey all,

I think I said it before, but if not, I'll say it now. Endy is not going to be "upgraded" or whatever you call it to ICS. In my opinion it has reached a level of stability and usability that earns it the right to stay as is, GB2.3.5 and Sense 3.5, for anyone who wants to use it.

As for ICS, if I ever release a ICR rom, it will be a different one from this. I played around with the idea of releasing a One V based one, but in the end I decided to let it go and just feed the wifi fix to the community.

The reason is although I like trying out new stuff, I'm highly reluctant to release a not-fully-functional rom. And this will only happen when we get either a DS stock kernel leak, or (even better) the 3.0 htc kernel source.

So for now don't really expect a new rom from me (unless I make a worthy breakthrough). I'll keep testing the ICS builds and try to contribute to the community, but that's it for now.

Cheers
    Taraaaannnnnn! V3.5

Ok Guys,

Not groundbreaking stuff. Mostly just cleaned up Control Centre, added the swipe to remove notifications feature, updated all themes to also support it, and updated some apps.

Oh, and new kernel with SIO Io Scheduler plus some others (see, I listen).

Facebook for HTC patch didn't make the cut, as it broke FriendStream.

Cheers

V3.5 Changelog:
    - New kernel: Added SIO, VR and BFQ IO Schedulers
    - Added "swype to remove notifications" - Credits XxXPachaXxX for figuring out the mod!
    - Updated all themes on the addons package to also support "swipe to remove notifications": You need the new addons package, old V3.1 won't work properly.
    - Removed PDroid and Droidwall from Endymion Control Centre: It's up to you to install the standalone apps if you so choose
    - Updated youtube
    - Updated facebook
    - Updated dropbox
    - Updated google maps
    - Added Ultimate Call Screen HD: Not the licensed version! Don't like it, just uninstall it!
    - Updated market to Google Play

Installation Instructions:

- Full wipe is required, even coming from V3.4. It's been over 3 months since I asked for a Endly clean install, so give me a break. :)
    - Install V3.5_base
    - Optionally flash V3.5 addons package. You cannot use the old addons!
    - BUT the first thing you should do after setting up your phone is go to "settings->tweaks->rosie options->enable quick scroll " and choose 2D. Trust me on this.

Upgrade Instructions:
    - No upgrade: Clean install only.