The first official nightly is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jedi5diah

Aug 4, 2010
do we flash like the cm9 version at the other thread? anyone?

Its forbidden for now...

Last edited:

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
Above all this thread is useless. There a official thread about CM9 already, active, in the same section.

Considering flashing with CWM, I hope people try search by themselves before asking 'How do I flash?'

There are plenty of Howto.

'Should I wipe?' (and what wiping....)

I know we're not done with those endless same questions......

NemesisRE

Feb 6, 2009
Karlsruhe
nrecom.net
Above all this thread is useless. There a official thread about CM9 already, active, in the same section.

Considering flashing with CWM, I hope people try search by themselves before asking 'How do I flash?'

Where is the official thread? I only see an unofficial one...

Reactions: dandmcd

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille

Don't play with words, I'm fed up with those endless duplicated threads in the Prime threads, people want to be OP instead of just posting in an existing thread, or don't even search before posting. I've even seen a guy asking for something that had been answered two posts above his... And I find Moderators are not present enough.

The more threads on same subjects you have, the more difficult it is to find relevant information, as search engine is not always accurate. And the more same basic questions are repeated without any obvious search effort, the more you risk to fed up devs.

Some devs have quit XDA because they couldn't work efficently in their threads, even in some more organized threads like Optimus 2X ones, at least 3 or 4 major devs gave up support in XDA because of that.

Some guys if you want to have devs for long time, keep posting in already opened threads (we are not here to have our 15 minutes of glory), search answers by yourself before asking always the same wuestions and so on....

And above all, this thread is not a dev thread, why posting here?

See http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1366437

Last edited:
Reactions: MRCANNADY

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
Don't play with words, I'm fed up with those endless duplicated threads in the Prime threads, people want to be OP instead of just posting in an existing thread, or don't even search before posting. I've even seen a guy asking for something that had been answered two posts above his... And I find Moderators are not present enough.

The more threads on same subjects you have, the more difficult it is to find relevant information, as search engine is not always accurate. And the more same basic questions are repeated without any obvious search effort, the more you risk to fed up devs.

Some devs have quit XDA because they couldn't work efficently in their threads, even in some more organized threads like Optimus 2X ones, at least 3 or 4 major devs gave up support in XDA because of that.

Some guys if you want to have devs for long time, keep posting in already opened threads (we are not here to have our 15 minutes of glory), search answers by yourself before asking always the same wuestions and so on....

His post is legitimate, there is only an unofficial thread, and thats alot different than the "OFFICIAL" nightly thread.

BritSwedeGuy

Wow, so many angry people.
Well screw trying to be helpful in future!

barryflanagan

Aug 17, 2009
Dublin
barry.flanagan.ie

I think that most polite and helpful fellow was referring to the one labelled

"[ROM/WIP][Unofficial] CyanogenMod 9 for TF201"

...which covers a kang compiled by theeggman.

It must the the "official" Unofficial thread :rolleyes:

While it is true this thread should not be in the dev section, I think the "official" unofficial one would fall into that category as well, unless either theeggman wrote CM9 or I misunderstand the link our helpful friend Striatum_bdr directed you towards - "If YOU DID NOT CREATE "it" THEN IT DOESN'T BELONG IN DEVELOPMENT"

Core618

Sep 10, 2010
Worden, IL, USA
Wow, so many angry people.
Well screw trying to be helpful in future!

You need to forgive him (or ignore him) he is French after all... or at least in France, which amount to the same thing. :eek:

Honestly, though, he has a point, he just has a crappy presentation of it. It's a problem across all forums, not just here... people don't want to search, they want to be spoonfed answers. Then they want to blame everyone else if something goes wrong, because it can't be their fault if they kinda, sorta, almost, followed the instructions they were too lazy to search for....

It's an ongoing theme here, and on other sites as well...

fknshwow

Feb 23, 2011
Melbourne

wtf??? are you crazy... this thread is right where it should be.

Turge

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2008
Hamilton
venomroms.com
Personally, I'm glad there's a thread in the Development section letting me know about the official CM9 nightlies and I definitely don't think it belongs in the "unofficial" thread.

What I'd like to see is a more "complete" thread :p with the proper information like what's working/not working, screenshots, etc... and perhaps a title clearly indicating what it actually is.

labbbby

Oct 8, 2008
I don't mind the thread but it would be more interesting if the Thread was maintained by whoever actually maintains the TF201.

That being said, thanks for the heads up. If the OP does a good job at maintaining the thread, what's the problem?

Anyone flashed this? Similar issues as the Kang with the Dock? I have yet to unlock/CMW/CM9 my tab, but will do in the next few days, curious to see how this runs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I still need to flash Gapps, but it seems like the CM team are making good progress.

WiFi works
    As mtotho said, cell signal indicator still appears.
    It's really really fluid and smooth.
    Some settings are placeholders, such as themes, but this is the same on my Sensation's build of CM9, so no change there.
    It has auto rotate working and it doesn't reboot when you press the power button, like AOKP currently does.
    Both cameras work, but there's no Face Unlock.

I'm going to continue with this for a few hours. Will flash Gapps in a few minutes; will report back if there are any issues.

EDIT: OK, so the dock doesn't charge the tablet yet. Keyboard also appears when you type with the dock, and a lot of the Android specific softkeys don't work. Gapps wise, everything seems to be fine. However, if you don't flash Gapps the WiFi indicator will stay grey, but once Gapps has been flashed, it goes blue (I think this is a common problem with CM)

EDIT #2: I lie, the dock does charge the tablet, but there's no indicator to show this happening yet. (Face Unlock works if you've flashed Gapps)

Don't mind guys,

That was just some french rage :)

PS: I'm french too so I know What I'm talking about xD
    The link works now.