[KERNEL][PLAY][GSM] DooMKernel [Rel:v14][STOPPED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Doom, do you think it will be possible at some point to port the new Adreno 205 drivers to this Kernel? (Assuming drivers are Kernel related)

I spoke to someone at Sony and they said that to their knowledge they have no intention of releasing the new drivers for their Xperia devices.. Which sucks considering the epic performance increase they give.

The new drivers are there in ICS kernel

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
The new drivers are there in ICS kernel

Sent from my LT15i using XDA App
In all ICS Kernels, or yours only?

That is interesting, as I get graphics artifacts on my phone when i used your ICS Kernel after a bit. For example, if i have a live wallpaper it'll go crazy after an hour or so of being used.

I never did however get round to testing or benchmarking... And i recall i was unable to overclock the phone too.. Now I'm beginning to doubt which kernel i used, but I'm sure it was the DoomKernel logo i saw when i last booted into ICS.

txcforever

Aug 27, 2009
So... I noticed that the kernel now enables gpu overclocking. Since there doesn't seem to be an app to allow you to do this on the fly, how do you increase the gpu's clocks? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but there are just too many pages to find out.

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
So... I noticed that the kernel now enables gpu overclocking. Since there doesn't seem to be an app to allow you to do this on the fly, how do you increase the gpu's clocks? Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else but there are just too many pages to find out.
The GPU is overclocked by default, by the kernel. To my knowledge, you are unable to change it yourself.

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
Ok.. I've just tried doing a full backup through CWM on the new V11 Kernel. Clicked Start Backup now, and so far... After 20 mins... It's done nothing. :D

Spizzy01

Nov 20, 2011
24GB free ^^,

Hmm.. I'll take the battery out and give it another shot.

Strange... It appears that when i go onto the 'Backup' bit, the touch screen dies for a bit.. And then works again after a few minutes? You're still able to use the hardware buttons, but basically the reason it hadn't started backing up, was because it hadn't detected i pressed start. xD

Last edited:

HackitZ

Jul 19, 2009
North of the Border
www.hackitz.ca
[ for modders/themers/others ]

hey guys here i am attaching a template update.zip which has been tested to work on the recovery provided here... u can add ur stuff to that file and edit the updater-script so that the u can flash ur files via this recovery...
basically it contains the correct combination of update-binary & mounting syntax...

this file is NOT required for normal/general users

TEMPLATE UPDATE.ZIP (v1)

Hi doom, do you still have this template?

hayabusa08

Jan 9, 2011
Singapore
the fulltouch i find got some bugs. however its working notmal on the cwm v4. items sometimes pressed not doing anything like factory reset. some zip files i select also does not get executed. but works as normal on cwm v4. and just now it hanged when i tried to install notification add on. other than that its working great!

Edit : i am on R800i GSM by the way and my rom is darkforest 3.0.5. and both issues on the 2.0 and 1.6ghz kernals.

Edit : Coffee for ya Doom! Confirmation number: 09880353J4386210H;)

Last edited:
Reactions: DooMLoRD

crash_b.

Sep 12, 2011
After installing the latest kernel my screen looks like it has a higher resolution?! It looks sharper and has more brightness, is that possible?
Also playing with fpse, Crash Team Racing, the graphics are almost perfect without any pixelation around the borders :cool:
I'm also using the latest gpu plugin for fpse, but it seems that the combination with this kernel gives it an extra graphics boost :)
Great work, thanx :)

Sent from my R800i with Tapatalk

HackitZ

Jul 19, 2009
North of the Border
www.hackitz.ca
After installing the latest kernel my screen looks like it has a higher resolution?! It looks sharper and has more brightness, is that possible?
Also playing with fpse, Crash Team Racing, the graphics are almost perfect without any pixelation around the borders :cool:
I'm also using the latest gpu plugin for fpse, but it seems that the combination with this kernel gives it an extra graphics boost :)
Great work, thanx :)

Sent from my R800i with Tapatalk

Sounds good, can you share the links.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Waiting For Device?! Please Help...

hi, well i've just come from a galaxy s II to the play, and i'm having a few problems.
well i'm running windows 7 x64,
got adb and fastboot installed and all that jazz,
i've unlocked the bootloader and now trying to install this kernel.
On stock 2.3.4 north american firmware.
so i boot into fastboot mode, the blue light is on but when i try to flash it's just stuck saying "waiting for device" no matter how many times i unplug and put it back in.
i've installed the correct drivers 'as far as i know!"
and in device manager it comes up as
"SAMSUNG Android Phone
Android Adb Interface"
which doesnt seem right, BUT these are the drivers i used to unlock the bootloader? so i am confused, would really really appreciate some help soon :)
cheers mate.
:D:confused:

ICXPlay

Dec 24, 2011
try instead of the command: fastboot flash boot boot.img
this; fastboot -i 0x0ce flash boot boot.img

jacklebott

Oct 22, 2010
Land of the Idiots
hi, well i've just come from a galaxy s II to the play, and i'm having a few problems.
well i'm running windows 7 x64,
got adb and fastboot installed and all that jazz,
i've unlocked the bootloader and now trying to install this kernel.
On stock 2.3.4 north american firmware.
so i boot into fastboot mode, the blue light is on but when i try to flash it's just stuck saying "waiting for device" no matter how many times i unplug and put it back in.
i've installed the correct drivers 'as far as i know!"
and in device manager it comes up as
"SAMSUNG Android Phone
Android Adb Interface"
which doesnt seem right, BUT these are the drivers i used to unlock the bootloader? so i am confused, would really really appreciate some help soon :)
cheers mate.
:D:confused:

For something like that, you should really make a new thread in Q&A then tell us the exact steps you took to attempt the fastboot flash

Fastboot Issue!

i tried the fastboot -i 0x0ce flash boot boot.img and the same problem.
well mate, i put my phone into fastboot mode.
i plug it in.
i hold Shift and right click my C:\Android folder [with fastboot + adb]
then CMD appears,
i type fastboot flash boot boot.img
and it says " < waiting for device >
it comes up as Samsung Android Phone -ADB interface in device manager.
and there is the boot.img file in the C:\android folder?
so....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---[ UPDATES ]---

given away my Xperia Play to other devs... so friends as promised here i have given away my Xperia Play to @nickholtus & @Achotjan ...

I hope they will work on this device and continue developing for it... I am really sorry that I couldnt spend a lot of my time working on this amazing phone..

since I no longer have the device with me, I will not be continuing any development work on it and I am closing this kernel thread...

it was great working on this device and I will surely miss this phone and the great Xperia Play community which always supported me and my work!

I hope that I will meet some of you around on XDA in other device communities perhaps...

warm regards,

Rahul (a.k.a DooMLoRD)

---[ UPDATES ]---

Full touch recovery!!!

[ tips / recommendations ]

1. for optimal results it is HIGHLY recommended to use -36 baseband with corresponding libs...

2. for better battery life try undervolting... start off in steps of -25mV and see which is stable for u... for my PLAY -100mV was stable...

3. before u report any battery drain issues please read this:
      [GUIDE] HOW-TO Properly Evaluate Battery Life and Provide Useful Reports

[ intro ]

hello ppl!

this kernel is for stock SE 4.0.2.A.0.42/.58/.62 FW...

for older kernel versions for older FW refer to following:
    Older Releases [FW: 4.0.A.2.368]
    Older Releases [FW: 3.0.1.A.0.145/146/148]

Thank you robytigers , Adam3Sixty, The_Gatekeeper_, Flava0ne, dannejanne, drunkenfcuk, covux, Logseman & hayabusa08 for u kind donations :)

[ special thanks to ]

Thank you guys for ur help! this would not have been possible without ur help!

[ screenshots ]

refer to my Arc kernel thread

[ disclaimer ]

OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!
    PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ WARNING ]

"Partition SDCard" option in CWM5 WILL WIPE UR SDCARD!!!

[ features ]

• [v14 onwards] updated ramdisk scripts to correct superuser permission and to properly install busybox (1.18.4 full) in /system/xbin/
    • [v14 onwards] re-enabled debug sysfs
    • [v14 onwards] added patched ZRAM (thanks to faux123) [details on how to use it, here is a recovery flashable update.zip to enable it]
    • [v14 onwards] added Fugeswap to lowmemorykiller (thanks to LeeDroid-)
    • [v14 onwards] removed GPU overclock
    • [v14 onwards] bootup CPU frequency fix-up now at kernel level so no more need for having two separate versions of same kernels (1.6 GHz and 2.0 GHz), both are now merged into one :D
    • [v14 onwards] merged 4.0.2.A.0.58 & 4.0.2.A.0.62 FW kernel sources (not really any major changes)
    • [v13 onwards] reverted back to my stable 2.6.32.9 kernel source
    • [v13 ] blind testing GPU OC
    • [v12-BootManger-v2] test kernel with 2.6.32.58 upstream patches
    • [v11-BootManger-v2 onwards] added BootManager v2.0 to kernel ramdisk
    • [v11-BootManger-v2 onwards] added GPU overclocking! -raised lower GPU clock to 245 Mhz (initially 192 Mhz) & upper GPU clock to 365 Mhz (initially 245 Mhz)
    • [v11-BootManger-v2 onwards] reclaimed additional 2MB RAM from unused parts... Thanks to jerpelea
    • [v10-modCWM-v5 onwards] fixed busybox issue - if the user has installed busybox in /system/xbin/ then that busybox will be given preference over busybox at /sbin/
    • [v10-modCWM-v5 onwards] added my team's (Team UtterChaos) FULL TOUCH RECOVERY!!! (more details here)
    • [v10 onwards] changes in cpufreq driver & cpu freq table
    • [v10 onwards] disabled NFS/CIFS - this was causing increased battery drain in new kernel sources
    • [v09-tests onwards] testing battery drain issue
    • [v08-modCWM-v04 onwards] updated recovery to modCWM-v04 TouchEdition Recovery
    • [v08 onwards] added I/O scheduler: Simple I/O (sio)
    • [v08 onwards] added SLQB memory allocator (and set it as default)
    • [v08 onwards] added TinyRCU along with fixes (and set it as default)
    • [v08 onwards] bumped BFQ to v2-r1
    • [v08 onwards] added Stochastic Fair Blue Net scheduler
    • [v08 onwards] bumped jHASH to v3
    • [v08 onwards] increased VM max readahead to 512kb
    • [v08 onwards] some patches to fix kernel memory leaks
    • [v08 onwards] minor fix to display the kernel version info correctly in "About Phone"
    • [v08 onwards] added some mounting tweaks
    • [v08 onwards] added support for bootsounds (currently broken on stock rom but same code works perfectly on CM7 so i will work more on this later)
    • [v08 onwards] added some tweaks for sdcard performance, Virtual Memory teaks, task killer tweaks
    • [v08 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
      • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
      • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
    • [v07-BT-fix onwards] fixed the issue: BT & Wifi dont work simultaneously
    • [v07 onwards] minor changes in my modified CWM recovery (modCWM-v3)
    • [v07 onwards] major cleaning of kernel sources (cleaned defconfigs using FXP defconfigs as reference)
    • [v07 onwards] TESTING: reverted some changes in kernel sources to older FW kernel sources to test if the issue of increased battery drain is resolved
    • [v07 onwards] compiled using newest gcc-4.6.2-(2011.10) linaro toolchain with O4 optimizations
    • [v07 onwards] changed kernel version string to "-DooMKernel" (will require specific modules for wifi)
    • [v06-modCWM-v2 onwards] LOTS of changes in my modified CWM recovery
    • [v06 onwards] shifted to 4.0.2.A.0.42 kernel sources
    • [v06 onwards] now using my own modified version of CWM recovery with "Fix Permissions" and "Partition SDcard" support and some cleanup in menu (for ease of use)
    • [v05 onwards] shifted to 4.0.2.A.0.9 kernel sources
    • [v05 onwards] removed undervolting, now using stock kernel voltages (will improve stability on all devices)
    • [v05 onwards] modified recovery to support /sd-ext backup/restore (remember /sd-ext has to be the 2nd partition on ur sdcard [mmcblk0p2] for this to work)
    • [v05 onwards] corrected issues "high lcd brightness when in recovery"
    • [v04 onwards] new DooMKernel Logo - thanks to pvyParts (and thanks to Flava0ne for fixing it for Xperia 2011 line)
    • [v04 onwards] cool button-backlight notification to tell u when to spam keys for entering recovery [only spam the button when u see the backlight active]
    • [v04 onwards] updated recovery to CWM v5.0.2.6 FreeXperia Team
    • [v04 onwards] added lower voltages (more undervolt) new voltage table
    • [v04 onwards] added new Max frequency: :eek::p 2.0Ghz :p:eek:
    • [v04 onwards] updated integrated SuperUser app to v3.0.5
    • [v03 onwards] compiled using toolchain gcc-4.4.3 (might improve kernel performance)
    • [v03 onwards] added new CPU governors:
      • InteractiveX
      • Savaged-Zen
      • SmartAssV2
    • [v02-FIX onwards] fixed sysinit support
    • [v02-FIX onwards] enabled /system/etc/install-recovery.sh execution
    • [v02 onwards] added new bootup CPU thresholding, device will no longer jump to max freq for initial few seconds (might help some device who have booting issues)
    • [v02 onwards] improved init.d support, now scripts in /system/etc/init.d will automatically be given correct permissions and be executed (this will not correct/fix the errors which might be inherently present in the script)
    • [v02 onwards] corrected VDD control to show only those frequencies which are enabled in CPU-freq table
    • [v02 onwards] autorooting (prerooted)
      • su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel :D (thanks to Bin4ry for posting the file RootXperia.zip; i have used the superuser files from his zip)
      • busybox already installed in /sbin/
    • [v02 onwards] added recovery CWM v4.0.1.4 FreeXperia Team (keep tapping/pressing BACK button when u see new bootlogo)
    • [v01 onwards] added I/O Schedulers:
      • V(R)
      • BFQ
    • [v01 onwards] added CPU Governors:
      • Smartass
      • Scary
      • MinMax
      • Interactive
    • [v01 onwards] enabled NLS_UTF8
    • [v01 onwards] added user-level/runtime CPU voltage control [VDD control "sysfs interface"] (for more info keep checking this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16610299&postcount=362)
    • [v01 onwards] added new Max frequency: :eek: 1.9Ghz :eek:
    • [v01 onwards] added lots of intermediate frequencies (from 122Mhz to 1.9Ghz for almost every 100/120Mhz there is a select-able frequency) [the kernel will default to 245Mhz min / 1024Mhz max for each boot]
    • [v01 onwards] enabled SWAP support
    • [v01 onwards] enabled CDROM filesystem support in kernel (now u can mount ISO files)
    • [v01 onwards] enabled a few I/O Schedulers
      • noop
      • Anticipatory
      • Deadline (default)
      • CFQ
    • [v01 onwards] enabled ARM THUMBEE extensions
    • [v01 onwards] enabled support (in kernel) for many file systems
      • EXT2
      • EXT3
      • EXT4
      • NTFS (Read & Write)
    • [v01 onwards] enabled NFS (client & server) support in kernel
    • [v01 onwards] enabled CIFS support in kernel
    • [v01 onwards] enabled access to kernel .config (can be pulled from /proc/config.gz)
    • [v01 onwards] enabled TUN/TAP driver support (integrated in kernel) [VPN support]
    • [v01 onwards] USB-OTG support (already enabled in SE FW)
    • [v01 onwards] insecure kernel
      • kernel is insecure (ro.secure=0)
      • adb server is persistent
      • usb debugging enabled
      • rootfs and /system mounted as rw (thank you Blagus for the tip ;))
    • enabled IPTABLES/NETFILTER support

[ NOTICE ]

• since i have changed the kernel version string stock wifi modules will no longer work on my kernel...
    • if u try to enable them on new kernel (v7 onwards) u will get "ERROR" while starting WIFI...
    • i will be providing wifi modules for my kernel which HAVE TO BE FLASHED VIA RECOVERY for wifi/bt to work correctly
    • stock wifi modules will also be provided which again will have to be flashed via recovery if u want to return to stock kernel OR if u revert to older v06 or lower kernels

• remember i have already told this to u guys... if i see some users reporting that wifi is giving error because u did not follow my instructions ur post WILL BE IGNORED....

[ credits for features ]

refer to my Arc kernel thread

[ requirements ]

details regarding recovery and how to enter recovery

[ how to install my kernel (v07 onwards) ]

1. download the boot.img & wifi modules update.zip
    2. save the boot.img in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
    3. save the wifi modules update.zip to sdcard (on phone)
    4. power down device
    5. start device in fastboot mode
    6. use the following command to flash the boot.img
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    7. reboot phone and enter recovery
    8. flash the wifi modules update.zip for my kernel
    9. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

[ how to get back to stock kernel OR older versions of my kernel (v06 and lower) ]

1. download the stock wifi modules update.zip
    2. extract the kernel.sin (or boot.img if u want to flash my older kernels) file from the stock FTF u used to flash this fimware
    3. save the kernel.sin (or boot.img if u want to flash my older kernels) in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
    4. save the wifi modules update.zip to sdcard (on phone)
    5. reboot phone and enter recovery
    6. flash the stock wifi modules update.zip
    7. power down device
    8. start device in fastboot mode
    9. use the following command to flash the kernel.sin (or boot.img if u want to flash my older kernels)
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot kernel.sin
    10. reboot phone and thats it u should now be on stock kernel (or my older kernel)

FOR OVERCLOCKING
    1. start SetCPU/NoFrills CPU Control app on ur Play (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)
    2. now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
    3. DO NOT JUMP TO THE LAST POSSIBLE FREQUENCY
    4. SLOWLY increase the frequency one notch at a time and do stability/testing for few hours

[ my kernel sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-2011-Kernel-2.6.32.9

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

FreeXperia PROJECT: if you want to support FreeXperia PROJECT (CyanogenMod device maintainers for Xperia 2011 phones) you can donate
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YJ7AK6HLAVNHU

[ downloads ]

KINDLY DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES

[PLAY][GSM] DooMKernel (v14) (FW: .42/.58/.62)
    [ MD5HASH: 213577f251c17ff93340d0c97c9c5625 ]

WIFI MODULES for DooMKernel (v14)

WIFI MODULES for stock kernel or DooMKernel (v06 and lower) (mirror)

OLD RELEASES FOR .42/.58/.62

[ DooMKernel Signature banners!!! ]

If you like to use my kernels and u want to show the world that u use it/love it ;), then you can add this banner to you signature!!!
    doomkernel-sig.png

Just copy the following code and paste it in you USER CP under "Edit Signature":
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1176502"][IMG]http://icxperia.com/doomlord/doomkernel-sig.png[/IMG][/URL]

hey guys here i am attaching a template update.zip which has been tested to work on the recovery provided here... u can add ur stuff to that file and edit the updater-script so that the u can flash ur files via this recovery...
    basically it contains the correct combination of update-binary & mounting syntax...

TEMPLATE UPDATE.ZIP (v1)

[ older versions ]

Older Releases [FW: 4.0.A.2.368]
    Older Releases [FW: 3.0.1.A.0.145/146/148]

icon8.gif

cheers!
    given away my Xperia Play to other devs... so friends as promised here i have given away my Xperia Play to @nickholtus & @Achotjan ...

I hope they will work on this device and continue developing for it... I am really sorry that I couldnt spend a lot of my time working on this amazing phone..

since I no longer have the device with me, I will not be continuing any development work on it and I am closing this kernel thread...

it was great working on this device and I will surely miss this phone and the great Xperia Play community which always supported me and my work!

I hope that I will meet some of you around on XDA in other device communities perhaps...

warm regards,

Rahul (a.k.a DooMLoRD)
    Doom lord has moved on to another device so no there haven't been any updates in a while and there won't be anymore

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

oh there will be an update... just waiting for nAa to release the sources... then i will try n port the 3.0.8 kernel to the Play :)
    ALL CREDITS OF WORKING RECOVERY GO TO FREEXPERIA TEAM!

THANK YOU FREEXPERIA TEAM!!!

THANK YOU jerpelea (U KNOW WHY ;))!!!

THANK YOU Bin4ry (for the original RootXperia.zip file)

hello guys!

i am new to kernel development but i think this kernel would be useful for a lot of ppl using stock SE 2.3.3 FW...

i would like to thank Blagus, zdzihu and aZuZu for their help!

this is inspired from CF-Root for SGS2... thank u Chainfire for ur work!

i was requested by many ppl in this thread: [KERNEL][OC] Arc Stock O/C Kernel 1.86GHz For 3.0.1.A.0.145_146_148
    to make a Overclocked (OC) kernel for Play.. so here it is with a few more goodies (insecure + prerooted + OC)...

thank you if2 for posting ur sources (for acpu file) and allowing me to work on it for Xperia Play! guys if u like this please dont forget to thank him!

thank you axiomjunglist & Quantuml3ap for testing this!

special thanks to axiomjunglist for helping out with beta-testing ;)

[ disclaimer ]

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ wht is overclock? ]

"Overclocking is the process of running a computer component at a higher clock rate (more clock cycles per second) than it was designed for or was specified by the manufacturer, usually practiced by enthusiasts seeking an increase in the performance of their computers." - Source: Wikipedia

so it is pushing the boundaries posted by the manufacturers of the device to gain more performance!

BUT performance comes at a price! OVERCLOCKING can be and IS harmful to the device... prolonged use can cause hardware faults including the cpu chip getting fried!

ok time for some gyan!
    • see each cpu/chip is different
    • each is unique and has different tolerances
    • so dont directly jump to max frequency
    • slowly keep increasing the frequency
    • check its stability for 5-10 hrs
    • check for random reboots
    • check which one is best suitable for ur device
    • if u start getting reboots/OS freezes/device starts becoming too hot then throttle back and use lower frequencies
    • remember just because someone elses device was able to work at that frequency doesnt mean that ur phone can support/handle that frequency

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

[ wht is prerooted kernel? ]

well this kernel removes the security checks (atleast from ramdisk); su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel! no need to flash any additional zips or use one-click rooting apps! this kernel has it all in-build :D

[ features ]

• prerooted
      • su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel :D (thanks to Bin4ry for posting the file RootXperia.zip; i have used the superuser files from his zip)
      • usb debugging enabled
    • CWM recovery (Thanks to FreeXperia team)
      • ability to take backup/restore of ur ROM
      • flash any update.zips
      • lots more }:)
    • overclocking
      • set bootup frequencies from 245 Mhz to 1 Ghz
        so that ur device boots safely and u can use the kernel as is w/o overclocking
        for using the additional frequencies u will need a program like SetCPU
      • frequencies unlocked in kernel from 128 Mhz to 1.86 Ghz
        voltages for standard frequencies are stock, for nonstandard frequencies (1Ghz+) voltage has been increased
      • the frequencies are NOT UNDERVOLTED

[ requirements ]

[ screenshot ]

screenshot2zdusc.jpg

[ what have i done exactly? ]

• compiled the kernel from stock SE sources with acpu file provided by if2
    • modified the stock ramdisk for this to function as per requirement
    • added Recovery files to ramdisk from ramdisk of boot.img from anzu_beta_FXP014 release
    • added su binary & Superuser.apk right inside kernel-ramdisk ;)

[ so why should u bother? ]

• well now u wont need to download huge prerooted system.img files (150-250 MB files), u can just use download this small kernel (~6MB) which is prerooted with working recovery :)
    • overclocking will help the device perform faster in games/benchmarks (IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT U DO NOT OVERCLOCK UR DEVICE FOR A LONG TIME, throttle it back to stock frequencies once u finish ur "high performance requiring task" :p)

[ how to install ]

1. download the boot.img
    3. power down device
    4. start device in fastboot mode
    5. use the following command to flash the boot.img
      Code:
    6. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)
    7. FOR OVERCLOCKING
      1. start SetCPU app on ur Play (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)
      2. now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
      4. SLOWLY increase the frequency one notch at a time and do stability/testing for few hours

if it get flashed properly and the device boots up check the Menu -> Settings -> About Phone -> Kernel Version
    it should say something like the screenshot posted above... (thank you axiomjunglist for the screenshot)

[ downloads ]

<NEW>

boot.img: (v03) (flash this file via fastboot to install this kernel)
    Play Prerooted + Recovery + OC Kernel 3.0.1.A.0.145

TEMPLATE UPDATE.ZIP (v1)

FOLLOWING OLDER VERSIONS NO LONGER NEEDED/SUPPORTED:

>>>
    boot.img: (v02) (flash this file via fastboot to install this kernel)
    Play Insecure + Prerooted + Recovery + OC Kernel 3.0.1.A.0.145

Superuser: (v03) (flash this file via recovery to get superuser binary & app)
    RootXperia_Mod_DM3.zip

boot.img: (v01)
    Play OC + Insecure Kernel 3.0.1.A.0.145 [md5hash: 6a457fcf785a10cbfa7a28e4c5085c18]
    <<<

icon8.gif

cheers!
    hello ppl!

this kernel is for stock SE 4.0.A.2.368 FW... for older kernel versions for older FW refer to following: Older Releases [FW: 3.0.1.A.0.145/146/148]

thank you axiomjunglist & Quantuml3ap for testing this!

special thanks to axiomjunglist & AndroHero for helping out with beta-testing ;)

Thank you robytigers , Adam3Sixty, The_Gatekeeper_ & Flava0ne for u kind donations :)

[ special thanks to ]

Thank you guys for ur help! this would not have been possible without ur help!

[ screenshots ]

(thanks to AndroHero for screenshots)

play-dk-2-40-1.png
    play-dk-2-40-2.png
    play-dk-1-1-setcpu.png
    arc-dk-10-4.png
    play-dk-1-1-iosched.png

vdd_control.jpg

[ disclaimer ]

OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!
    PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

[ features ]

• [v03 onwards] compiled using toolchain gcc-4.4.3 (might improve kernel performance)
    • [v03 onwards] added new CPU governors:
      • InteractiveX
      • Savaged-Zen
      • SmartAssV2
    • [v02-FIX onwards] fixed sysinit support
    • [v02-FIX onwards] enabled /system/etc/install-recovery.sh execution
    • [v02 onwards] added new bootup CPU thresholding, device will no longer jump to max freq for initial few seconds (might help some device who have booting issues)
    • [v02 onwards] improved init.d support, now scripts in /system/etc/init.d will automatically be given correct permissions and be executed (this will not correct/fix the errors which might be inherently present in the script)
    • [v02 onwards] corrected VDD control to show only those frequencies which are enabled in CPU-freq table
    • [v02 onwards] autorooting (prerooted)
    • [v02 onwards] added recovery CWM v4.0.1.4 FreeXperia Team (keep tapping/pressing BACK button when u see new bootlogo)
    • [v01 onwards] added I/O Schedulers:
      • V(R)
      • BFQ
    • [v01 onwards] added CPU Governors:
      • Smartass
      • Scary
      • MinMax
      • Interactive
    • [v01 onwards] enabled NLS_UTF8
    • [v01 onwards] added user-level/runtime CPU voltage control [VDD control "sysfs interface"] (for more info keep checking this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16610299&postcount=362)
    • [v01 onwards] added new Max frequency: :eek: 1.9Ghz :eek:
    • [v01 onwards] added lots of intermediate frequencies (from 122Mhz to 1.9Ghz for almost every 100/120Mhz there is a select-able frequency) [the kernel will default to 245Mhz min / 1024Mhz max for each boot]
    • [v01 onwards] enabled SWAP support
    • [v01 onwards] enabled CDROM filesystem support in kernel (now u can mount ISO files)
    • [v01 onwards] enabled a few I/O Schedulers
      • noop
      • Anticipatory
      • Deadline (default)
      • CFQ
    • [v01 onwards] enabled ARM THUMBEE extensions
    • [v01 onwards] enabled support (in kernel) for many file systems
      • EXT2
      • EXT3
      • EXT4
      • NTFS (Read & Write)
    • [v01 onwards] enabled NFS (client & server) support in kernel
    • [v01 onwards] enabled CIFS support in kernel
    • [v01 onwards] enabled access to kernel .config (can be pulled from /proc/config.gz)
    • [v01 onwards] enabled TUN/TAP driver support (integrated in kernel) [VPN support]
    • [v01 onwards] USB-OTG support (already enabled in SE FW)
    • [v01 onwards] insecure kernel
      • usb debugging enabled
    • enabled IPTABLES/NETFILTER support

[ credits for features ]

thank you all for ur work!

[ requirements ]

[ how to install ]

1. download the boot.img
    3. power down device
    4. start device in fastboot mode
    5. use the following command to flash the boot.img
      Code:
    6. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)
    7. FOR OVERCLOCKING
      1. start SetCPU/NoFrills CPU Control app on ur Play (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)

[ my kernel sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-2011-Kernel-2.6.32.9

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

FreeXperia PROJECT: if you want to support FreeXperia PROJECT (creators of working recovery) you can donate
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=YJ7AK6HLAVNHU

[ downloads ]

<NEW>

[PLAY] DooMKernel (v03) (FW: 4.0.A.2.368) [ MD5HASH: ab417c691e66407cd8c3b19f420f46a8 ]

< OLD FILES >

[PLAY] DooMKernel (v02-FIX) (FW: 4.0.A.2.368) [ MD5HASH: b46686296413c09bbf0c28a3863f2a45 ]

[PLAY] DooMKernel (v02) (FW: 4.0.A.2.368) [MD5HASH: 564CECBF903C53D93DEC23F69C394D41]

[PLAY] DooMKernel (v01) (FW: 4.0.A.2.368)

TEMPLATE UPDATE.ZIP (v1)

[ older versions ]

Older Releases

icon8.gif

cheers!