Charging and BSR

OP thelowend

27th February 2012, 01:02 PM   |  #1  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416

2,149 posts
More
Last night I turned my phone off and put it on the charger and when I woke up today, it was in BSR! I've heard of phones randomly doing this and I was wondering if there is a way to stop this.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
27th February 2012, 01:41 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 181

1,156 posts
Donate to Me
Normal. Learn to charge while not off. If you set bsr to charge mode you may get caught w/o bsr and have to sbf. Just life with a locked bootloader sucks.
I believe it does charge properly in cwr I just don't do it.
Last edited by skwoodwiva; 27th February 2012 at 01:44 PM.
27th February 2012, 01:45 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 84

293 posts
Well, that's the way it's supposed to work. You can change it by opening the system recovery app and pressing on charge mode. If the phone is plugged in when you do this, it will reboot into charge mode. If it's not plugged in it will just reboot. However, once you've done this the phone will always go into charge mode when you plug it in while the phone is off.

The only downside is that if sometime you should happen to end up in a boot loop (for whatever reason) you won't have anyway to get into BSR.

To get it to go into BSR again when you plug it in, open the app again and press the recovery button. Once again, it'll stay that way until you change it again.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
27th February 2012, 02:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416

2,149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwoodwiva

Normal. Learn to charge while not off. If you set bsr to charge mode you may get caught w/o bsr and have to sbf. Just life with a locked bootloader sucks.
I believe it does charge properly in cwr I just don't do it.

It did charge. I kind of dont feel like sbf'ing again so Ill make a habit out of charging while the phone is on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread