Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,094 Members 50,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting Stock Leak 2.3.6 UCLB3

Tip us?

boogman7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Rooting Stock Leak 2.3.6 UCLB3

Anyone know how to Root the new Gingerbread 2.3.6 stock leak that was posted? I am talking about UCLB3. I went to "Settings"- "Privacy" - "Factory data reset and was prepared to start over at Froyo. When the phone finished booting up my factory setting is now 2.3.6 UCLB3. I am not a noob but not real experienced either. I spent hours last night trying to root the phone. I want to put the rooted version from Dman on - I couldn't even use ODIN and Heimdall or GTG's unbrick versions to take me backwards. I am on 2.3.6 no matter what I do. Anyone care to help?

JerseyScottie
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
is ODIN not recognizing the phone or whats the situation ? Heimdall is for flashing stock 2.3.6 or cwm for froyo.

dman3285
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8,092

DONATE TO ME
There is no way to root the new leak... you can flash a rooted kernel, then flash the stock kernel back and you'll retain root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to dman3285 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sugar Ray
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman3285 View Post
There is no way to root the new leak... you can flash a rooted kernel, then flash the stock kernel back and you'll retain root

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
Thanks for your comment. I saw something about that in the UCKK3 stock rom post, I think. That`s an effective way to root the 2.3.6 leak/stock?

Is that the way to do it? odin>flash pda only with auto-reboot and f.reset time>flash again the stock kernel (pda only). Is this right?

Any way to install CWM kernel in between? I'll be very pleased with a right answer, thanks!!!

boogman7
Old
(Last edited by boogman7; 27th February 2012 at 03:24 PM.) Reason: spelling correction
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thumbs up Rooting stock 2.3.6

Thanks to you guys who helped with my issue. I got the phone to recognize download mode and flashed a CWM Kernel and then the stock one and kept root. (Thanks DMan) Since I was busy I didn't get this done until Friday and then the Collective comes out with Revelation which after reading the posts I immediately flashed. Prior to Revelation my favorite ROM had been Caty 3.0 but I think Dman and the Collective have put out my new favorite now.