[Bootanimation] Android Eating Apple bootanimation ....

27th February 2012, 03:43 PM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Very awesome boot. my friends and i have many fun with it
1st July 2012, 01:23 AM   |  #62  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 147

265 posts
More
the DL link is broken. bahhhh.
1st July 2012, 01:27 AM   |  #63  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 458

754 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by utnick

the DL link is broken. bahhhh.

Link is fixed
5th August 2012, 06:59 PM   |  #64  
Flag Roseville, Ca
Thanks Meter: 30

114 posts
More
Im guessing this is only going to work on HTC? Tried thru both root expl and file mngr with root priv and the directories that was said to go into, i cannot find. Im using motorola razr. Tried to locate these directories using astro as well and no luck.
5th August 2012, 08:28 PM   |  #65  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 458

754 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by extirpate

Im guessing this is only going to work on HTC? Tried thru both root expl and file mngr with root priv and the directories that was said to go into, i cannot find. Im using motorola razr. Tried to locate these directories using astro as well and no luck.

Do you have root?
5th August 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #66  
Flag førde
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Funny as hell but lovin it. Have a certain dislike for iphones not sure why, perhaps its the mighty green droid thats too kick **** to ignore. Great job!!

htc sensational running viperS v 1.0.1
6th August 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #67  
Flag Roseville, Ca

114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2ENVY

Do you have root?

Yes i have root. SU grants permissions. That checked out ok. From root explorer i dont see a "SD Root" directory. I have root/, and i have sdcard/. I went into both. The root directory is empty. The sd card directory doesn't have system, customize or resource sub directories. I found the system directory below the root and sdcard directory but no customize from there. Browsing around system i found a media sub directory and within it i found bootanimation.zip. Not sure if i should try and paste this zip in there and remove the current one. Im still fairly new at flashing stuff to my device so im not sure what to do if it doesnt work. Would it just give a blank screen instead of animation and then boot so i can change it back? Thanks for the response and help.
6th August 2012, 08:45 AM   |  #68  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 73

102 posts
More
Awesome boot animation
7th August 2012, 08:24 AM   |  #69  
Flag Roseville, Ca

114 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by extirpate

Yes i have root. SU grants permissions. That checked out ok. From root explorer i dont see a "SD Root" directory. I have root/, and i have sdcard/. I went into both. The root directory is empty. The sd card directory doesn't have system, customize or resource sub directories. I found the system directory below the root and sdcard directory but no customize from there. Browsing around system i found a media sub directory and within it i found bootanimation.zip. Not sure if i should try and paste this zip in there and remove the current one. Im still fairly new at flashing stuff to my device so im not sure what to do if it doesnt work. Would it just give a blank screen instead of animation and then boot so i can change it back? Thanks for the response and help.

I just decided to go ahead and replace the file in system/media using Root Explorer and it still wasnt working. I tried changing permissions, and still it would not play the animation. The animation playing WAS a different animation than stock razr. Just the word Android flashing from left to right. It actually looked pretty cool. That was with a .zip that wasnt working. I later tested it with no .zip in the folder and still got that animation.Thought that was interesting. All in all i was able to get it working by renaming the .zip to plain "bootanimation.zip."

Funny it says HTC at the bottom of the animation on my Motorola phone. smh. Still an awesome animation. Can anyone clear that HTC logo?

Thanks for the help. Hope to try out more.
Last edited by extirpate; 7th August 2012 at 08:29 AM.
8th August 2012, 09:41 AM   |  #70  
Flag Linz
Thanks Meter: 4

87 posts
More
Is 2 laggy for me thx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread