Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Tip us?

Catnap
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by pterion View Post
As soon as I boot into the bootloader it automatically executes update on PG58IMG.zip and then tells me that the CID is incorrect and I have to restart. fastboot devices and adb devices don't give me anyting back. Should I try to mount the SDCARD directly and delete the PG58IMG.zip will I then be able to run the bootloader normally and connect to my phone via fastboot?
Just take the SD card out, perform super CID and then put it back in.

<- wat

If you're reading this, congrats. You are better at reading than most of these forums.

zero01101
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnap View Post
Website says wipe's not required, yet the script wipes /system...
same here; /system automatically wiped, starting over again... oh well, probably time for a clean slate

Catnap
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero01101 View Post
same here; /system automatically wiped, starting over again... oh well, probably time for a clean slate
To be fair, it doesn't wipe /data but it would have been useful to know in advance.

Meh. So far so good, still my favourite ROM by far

<- wat

If you're reading this, congrats. You are better at reading than most of these forums.

DeezNotes
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero01101 View Post
All ROMs should always wipe /system. A "patch" won't wipe /system. When he says no wipe required, that's referring to a /data wipe. Things have always been this way. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Catnap
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNotes View Post
All ROMs should always wipe /system. A "patch" won't wipe /system. When he says no wipe required, that's referring to a /data wipe. Things have always been this way. It doesn't make sense otherwise.
Give me a break- if, for instance, 3 APKs have been altered and they're the same name as before, there is absolutely no point in wiping the entire partition. They'll be overwritten.

I'm not saying that's what's happened here, but it is not necessary to always wipe /system.

<- wat

Datlilboricua
Old
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
anyone in eastern us what radio is the best or is it firmware I use to have full bars now I have 2 I'm new to the sensation other then that great from guys loving it and what CPU settings ya recommend

Sent From The Pooper eater
Device1: Htc Sensation 4g rooted S-Off
Rom: SmartDroidBerserk Mode v2.1
BaseBand: 11.76A.3504.00P_11.24A.3504.31_M
Kernel: 3.0.36-Bricked1.4-g67d3c72
Recovery: 4EXT Touch Recovery v1.0.0.5 Rc5
Twitter: @princetwigs

Device2: Sidekick 4G Rooted (cracked screen)
ROM: Clean Fusion V3
Launcher: HeLauncher
Kernel: Bali-X v2.2 1.2GHz Port
Recovery: CWM
Modem: @princetwigs

rmk40
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4,590

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNotes View Post
Correct. Wipe always user data. /system will be formatted every single time you flash unless a package is explicitly labeled a patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnap View Post
Give me a break- if, for instance, 3 APKs have been altered and they're the same name as before, there is absolutely no point in wiping the entire partition. They'll be overwritten.

I'm not saying that's what's happened here, but it is not necessary to always wipe /system.
It is necessary. People apply all kinds of changes to /system, via mods, addons, etc. Formatting system and flashing all contents makes sure you are in an absolute, known state.

Wipe has always referred to *user* data. When you're flashing a ROM, every partition other than /data and /sdcard is fair game. No ROM should ever touch the two of those. As for /system, /cache, boot, etc, never assume they will persist when you flash anything.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rmk40 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joel_nexus1
Old
(Last edited by joel_nexus1; 27th February 2012 at 05:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Hey guys where can I download 3.5.1 beta?

Edit: nvm I found where.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

pardoned
Old
Thanks Meter 508
Just dropping by to say the latest ROM is working perfectly. I full wiped as I came from another ROM.

Thanks RMK! Very much appreciated!
HTC One M8, completely stock for once.

Timeline of phones:
HTC One M7, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Sensation, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, iPhone 3G, Nokia N95 8GB, Sony Ericsson K800i, some other Sony Ericsson walkman phone, Nokia 3310, Nokia 6110

Dont forget to hit "Thanks" if I helped at all. It's appreciated!

t0rosnaxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
USB pass-through is not working on my unit using this rom. anyone know how can i make it work?

Tags
4.0.3, best rom, ics, inquisition, sensation, senseless, virtuous