Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

OP rmk40

27th February 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #7371  
Thanks Meter: 453

952 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pterion

As soon as I boot into the bootloader it automatically executes update on PG58IMG.zip and then tells me that the CID is incorrect and I have to restart. fastboot devices and adb devices don't give me anyting back. Should I try to mount the SDCARD directly and delete the PG58IMG.zip will I then be able to run the bootloader normally and connect to my phone via fastboot?

Just take the SD card out, perform super CID and then put it back in.
27th February 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #7372  
Thanks Meter: 19

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnap

Website says wipe's not required, yet the script wipes /system...

same here; /system automatically wiped, starting over again... oh well, probably time for a clean slate
27th February 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #7373  

952 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero01101

same here; /system automatically wiped, starting over again... oh well, probably time for a clean slate

To be fair, it doesn't wipe /data but it would have been useful to know in advance.

Meh. So far so good, still my favourite ROM by far
27th February 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #7374  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 210

976 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero01101

All ROMs should always wipe /system. A "patch" won't wipe /system. When he says no wipe required, that's referring to a /data wipe. Things have always been this way. It doesn't make sense otherwise.
27th February 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #7375  

952 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNotes

All ROMs should always wipe /system. A "patch" won't wipe /system. When he says no wipe required, that's referring to a /data wipe. Things have always been this way. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Give me a break- if, for instance, 3 APKs have been altered and they're the same name as before, there is absolutely no point in wiping the entire partition. They'll be overwritten.

I'm not saying that's what's happened here, but it is not necessary to always wipe /system.
27th February 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #7376  
Flag new jersey
Thanks Meter: 65

568 posts
Donate to Me
More
anyone in eastern us what radio is the best or is it firmware I use to have full bars now I have 2 I'm new to the sensation other then that great from guys loving it and what CPU settings ya recommend

Sent From The Pooper eater
27th February 2012, 05:55 PM   |  #7377  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,592

1,358 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNotes

Correct. Wipe always user data. /system will be formatted every single time you flash unless a package is explicitly labeled a patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnap

Give me a break- if, for instance, 3 APKs have been altered and they're the same name as before, there is absolutely no point in wiping the entire partition. They'll be overwritten.

I'm not saying that's what's happened here, but it is not necessary to always wipe /system.

It is necessary. People apply all kinds of changes to /system, via mods, addons, etc. Formatting system and flashing all contents makes sure you are in an absolute, known state.

Wipe has always referred to *user* data. When you're flashing a ROM, every partition other than /data and /sdcard is fair game. No ROM should ever touch the two of those. As for /system, /cache, boot, etc, never assume they will persist when you flash anything.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rmk40 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 06:06 PM   |  #7378  
Flag salt lake city
Thanks Meter: 15

114 posts
More
Hey guys where can I download 3.5.1 beta?

Edit: nvm I found where.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
Last edited by joel_nexus1; 27th February 2012 at 06:08 PM.
27th February 2012, 06:24 PM   |  #7379  
Flag Belfast
Thanks Meter: 517

1,990 posts
More
Just dropping by to say the latest ROM is working perfectly. I full wiped as I came from another ROM.

Thanks RMK! Very much appreciated!
27th February 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #7380  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 0

80 posts
More
USB pass-through is not working on my unit using this rom. anyone know how can i make it work?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.3, best rom, ics, inquisition, sensation, senseless, virtuous
Previous Thread Next Thread