Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 47,111 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgraded to HC BBC Apps

Tip us?

slacker.uk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Upgraded to HC BBC Apps

Just upgraded to HoneyComb, thanks to Globatron, but I cannot installed any BBC app the news or the iplayer, it says the flyer is not compatible.

Has anyone else seen this at all ?
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to slacker.uk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blackhackerpro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I got the same message when i tried to put hc on my view!! Can we get some custom roms just for the view?

DigitalMD
Old
(Last edited by DigitalMD; 22nd December 2011 at 04:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 613
I am assuming you mean BBC iPlayer, because the news apps are fine on my HC Flyer. But be more specific because BBC has like 10 different apps. Some developers, such as HBO and BBC are way behind the times. Their apps are not compatible with Honeycomb. Look for tablet versions of the app, although I know there is no HBO GO tablet yet, which is pretty stupid on their part since the experience would be a lot better on a tablet than a phone.
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

slacker.uk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
checked today and the official BBC news app is now downloadable for HC on the flyer.

Other BBC news apps are third party I was talking about the single BBC authored one.

forx
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slacker.uk View Post
Just upgraded to HoneyComb, thanks to Globatron, but I cannot installed any BBC app the news or the iplayer, it says the flyer is not compatible.

Has anyone else seen this at all ?
Thanks
i had that with all browsers except builtin hc browser,maxthon,dolphin etc all seem to make bbc iplayer page state "phone not supported".
builtin hc browser doesnt but that has problems with sound sync for me.
mind adobe airs just this minute updated itself so sync might improve,dunno,android still leaves me bit cold compared to my years learning windows.

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 613
Nothing to do with browsers....
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.

slacker.uk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default BBC iplayer app

Had another look today and I still can't install the BBC iPlayer App from the market place.

I have a rooted wifi only UK device running HC. I had this before the upgrade, has anyone got the app to install on a HC flyer yet ???

Thanks in advance

Farsquidge
Old
Thanks Meter 11
A new BBC iPlayer app update has just become available in the last few days.
I can not verify it will work on HC as I have downgraded to GB for this and other reasons but I suggest someone now give it a try on HC.
Put this under your sig if you know someone who is fighting, survived, or died of cancer.