Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash)

OP sfhub

27th February 2012, 08:46 PM   |  #801  
Thanks Meter: 175

497 posts
More
Ok thanks. I usually can figure out what to do and what not to do but with the number of bricks piling up lately I wanted to make sure because I can't afford a brick. Too risky not to be certain.
28th February 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #802  
Flag Tinley Park IL
Thanks Meter: 1

49 posts
Donate to Me
More
My phone got unrooted some how along with my cousins. So I rerooted it, and the wireless tether app still states "Unable to start tethering. Are you sure your rooted". I also tired to reinstall the wireless tether app and still no success... Help please.
28th February 2012, 04:38 AM   |  #803  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,851

4,757 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstingstreetx

My phone got unrooted some how along with my cousins. So I rerooted it, and the wireless tether app still states "Unable to start tethering. Are you sure your rooted". I also tired to reinstall the wireless tether app and still no success... Help please.

The reason you got unrooted, probably is because your phone received an OTA update from EK02 to EL29. EL29 is no longer "rootable" using Option A. It is still very simple to root your phone. Just use the pre-rooted EL29 ODIN OneClick in my signature. Use the NoData version, which will preserve your existing Android User Data (should back anything important anyway)

After that you will be rooted. If you want CWM, then use the Auto Root package, Option C, to install EL29+CWM-Rogue.
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 11:25 PM   |  #804  
Flag Tinley Park IL
Thanks Meter: 1

49 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

The reason you got unrooted, probably is because your phone received an OTA update from EK02 to EL29. EL29 is no longer "rootable" using Option A. It is still very simple to root your phone. Just use the pre-rooted EL29 ODIN OneClick in my signature. Use the NoData version, which will preserve your existing Android User Data (should back anything important anyway)

After that you will be rooted. If you want CWM, then use the Auto Root package, Option C, to install EL29+CWM-Rogue.

Thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate it.
29th February 2012, 04:30 AM   |  #805  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Used this and worked great, Thank you!
29th February 2012, 08:15 PM   |  #806  
Thanks Meter: 8

133 posts
nevermind i got my answer from post above
1st March 2012, 04:22 AM   |  #807  
Sugar Land, TX
Thanks Meter: 4

19 posts
I received my phone yesterday and loving it! I came from an Evo so I am unfamiliar with the E4GT and Sammys in gerneral. I was able to root my phone following [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted). However, after installing Bootimg EL29+CWM-Rouge, I still get the yellow triangle. I tried doing a search to no avail. Please help! And thanks to all the devs!
1st March 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #808  

4,757 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinhFTW

I received my phone yesterday and loving it! I came from an Evo so I am unfamiliar with the E4GT and Sammys in gerneral. I was able to root my phone following [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted). However, after installing Bootimg EL29+CWM-Rouge, I still get the yellow triangle. I tried doing a search to no avail. Please help! And thanks to all the devs!

Not sure what you mean by "still getting the yellow triangle"

After flashing the pre-rooted odin one-click, the yellow triangle should not have been seen. Was this not the case? Did you flash the Full or NoData versions? Or the individual tar files?

The way auto root installs cwm it shouldn't have triggered the yellow triangle
1st March 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #809  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Question
I am having trouble flashing a rom after using this. I had EK02 and did the root and then did the EK02+CWM5. I can get into CWM5 no problem and even created a backup. But when I try to flash a rom it starts and then reboots into the stock rom. Not sure what to do?
2nd March 2012, 01:49 AM   |  #810  

4,757 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnis20

I am having trouble flashing a rom after using this. I had EK02 and did the root and then did the EK02+CWM5. I can get into CWM5 no problem and even created a backup. But when I try to flash a rom it starts and then reboots into the stock rom. Not sure what to do?

Which rom update.zip are you installing? Were there any errors?

I don't think your issue is related to the auto root package.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread