Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,115 Members 52,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash)

Tip us?

MrDowntown12
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Ok thanks. I usually can figure out what to do and what not to do but with the number of bricks piling up lately I wanted to make sure because I can't afford a brick. Too risky not to be certain.
Sprint HTC One

xstingstreetx
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
My phone got unrooted some how along with my cousins. So I rerooted it, and the wireless tether app still states "Unable to start tethering. Are you sure your rooted". I also tired to reinstall the wireless tether app and still no success... Help please.

sfhub
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 6828
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstingstreetx View Post
My phone got unrooted some how along with my cousins. So I rerooted it, and the wireless tether app still states "Unable to start tethering. Are you sure your rooted". I also tired to reinstall the wireless tether app and still no success... Help please.
The reason you got unrooted, probably is because your phone received an OTA update from EK02 to EL29. EL29 is no longer "rootable" using Option A. It is still very simple to root your phone. Just use the pre-rooted EL29 ODIN OneClick in my signature. Use the NoData version, which will preserve your existing Android User Data (should back anything important anyway)

After that you will be rooted. If you want CWM, then use the Auto Root package, Option C, to install EL29+CWM-Rogue.
Disclaimer: No touchscreens were harmed nor injured during the creation of this post. GPS units were all treated ethically and humanely.
Signed: People against misbehaving Nexus 7 2013s
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xstingstreetx
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub View Post
The reason you got unrooted, probably is because your phone received an OTA update from EK02 to EL29. EL29 is no longer "rootable" using Option A. It is still very simple to root your phone. Just use the pre-rooted EL29 ODIN OneClick in my signature. Use the NoData version, which will preserve your existing Android User Data (should back anything important anyway)

After that you will be rooted. If you want CWM, then use the Auto Root package, Option C, to install EL29+CWM-Rogue.
Thank you so much for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Coreyfuncrusher
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Used this and worked great, Thank you!

AshyKnuttz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
nevermind i got my answer from post above

VinhFTW
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I received my phone yesterday and loving it! I came from an Evo so I am unfamiliar with the E4GT and Sammys in gerneral. I was able to root my phone following [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted). However, after installing Bootimg EL29+CWM-Rouge, I still get the yellow triangle. I tried doing a search to no avail. Please help! And thanks to all the devs!

sfhub
Old
Thanks Meter 6828
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinhFTW View Post
I received my phone yesterday and loving it! I came from an Evo so I am unfamiliar with the E4GT and Sammys in gerneral. I was able to root my phone following [ODIN][TAR] SPH-D710.EL29_CL852097 (EL29 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Full Restore - Rooted). However, after installing Bootimg EL29+CWM-Rouge, I still get the yellow triangle. I tried doing a search to no avail. Please help! And thanks to all the devs!
Not sure what you mean by "still getting the yellow triangle"

After flashing the pre-rooted odin one-click, the yellow triangle should not have been seen. Was this not the case? Did you flash the Full or NoData versions? Or the individual tar files?

The way auto root installs cwm it shouldn't have triggered the yellow triangle
Disclaimer: No touchscreens were harmed nor injured during the creation of this post. GPS units were all treated ethically and humanely.

ginnis20
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having trouble flashing a rom after using this. I had EK02 and did the root and then did the EK02+CWM5. I can get into CWM5 no problem and even created a backup. But when I try to flash a rom it starts and then reboots into the stock rom. Not sure what to do?

sfhub
Old
Thanks Meter 6828
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnis20 View Post
I am having trouble flashing a rom after using this. I had EK02 and did the root and then did the EK02+CWM5. I can get into CWM5 no problem and even created a backup. But when I try to flash a rom it starts and then reboots into the stock rom. Not sure what to do?
Which rom update.zip are you installing? Were there any errors?

I don't think your issue is related to the auto root package.