Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Guide] Easy method to removing UImage (Bricked, CN, etc) & Choosing Default OS

OP cvcduty

23rd February 2012, 06:47 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holly
Thanks Meter: 70

379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonetec

i still have moboot injstalled, but when I go in /boot I dont have a file called moboot.default

I think if moboot is still installed, it's probably looking for the moboot.default file but since in your case, it's missing, it's booting what ever is on the top of the list of the UImages. I think you can simply create a text file and name it moboot.default in the /boot directory. As the content of the text file put CyanogenMod. Change the permissions of this file once it's placed in the /boot directory to rw_r__r__ (same as other files in the folder). Change the folder to R/O and reboot... I think it will work.
Worst case I guess you will have to push moboot via pc again...

Good luck...
23rd February 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 71

683 posts
yeah...that did not work....oh well, I have to send it to HP for repair anyway so i'm not going to worry too much about it
24th February 2012, 04:34 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 10

108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonetec

yeah...that did not work....oh well, I have to send it to HP for repair anyway so i'm not going to worry too much about it

wait... you said you used the cm7 acmeinstaller? You shouldn't be using that if you installed cm9.

Sent from my HP Touchpad with CM9!
24th February 2012, 10:18 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holly

379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsDefying

wait... you said you used the cm7 acmeinstaller? You shouldn't be using that if you installed cm9.

Sent from my HP Touchpad with CM9!

Good catch. I missed that one. He should have used the new moboot. If he used CM7 acmeinstaller he probably meant he also used the old moboot also.
Last edited by cvcduty; 24th February 2012 at 01:01 PM.
24th February 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 2

69 posts
Why not just edit the boot via CyBoot? Just about to try it myself.....

http://www.webosnation.com/cyboot

Well, it works after a fashion. Boot into WebOS, open up PreWare, install CyBoot. Launch it, and change the default boot to Android. Reboot, and the correct CyanogenMod entry is selected by default, but it doesn't autoboot - waits for you to hit the home key. Still, better than scrabbling for the volume key and a relatively quick way to (semi) fix the issue if you don't have RootExplorer.
Last edited by dirtyfrog; 24th February 2012 at 10:31 PM.
25th February 2012, 12:19 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holly

379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyfrog

Why not just edit the boot via CyBoot? Just about to try it myself.....

http://www.webosnation.com/cyboot

Well, it works after a fashion. Boot into WebOS, open up PreWare, install CyBoot. Launch it, and change the default boot to Android. Reboot, and the correct CyanogenMod entry is selected by default, but it doesn't autoboot - waits for you to hit the home key. Still, better than scrabbling for the volume key and a relatively quick way to (semi) fix the issue if you don't have RootExplorer.

Very good point. As some one said, there is more then one way to skin a cat.
26th February 2012, 03:26 AM   |  #17  
Flag Dripping Springs,TX
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
Donate to Me
Thumbs up
I found that if you use terminal emulator and entering the following is the easiest way to set the default.

su

cd /boot

mount -o rw,remount /boot

echo CyanogenMod > moboot.default

Follow this entry exactly with the spaces them reboot, it will set your default to CyanogenMod. If you want to use another default just replace CyanogenMod with whatever you are using.

This is fast and easy.

Thank me if this helps.
Last edited by travisross69; 26th February 2012 at 03:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to travisross69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Holly

379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisross69

I found that if you use terminal emulator and entering the following is the easiest way to set the default.

su

cd /boot

mount -o rw,remount /boot

echo CyanogenMod > moboot.default

Follow this entry exactly with the spaces them reboot, it will set your default to CyanogenMod. If you want to use another default just replace CyanogenMod with whatever you are using.

This is fast and easy.

Thank me if this helps.

That's perfect! The point is for people to able to fix this easily on the fly. So if you don't have access to Rootexplorer, this method can be used to change the default OS the TP would load at reboot. Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread