Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Miss The Samurai Kernels? Good News!

Tip us?
 
socos25
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 395
Posts: 1,618
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Earth
Such a talented guy, must be he doesn't like authority.. unfortunately you have to play by the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0nane View Post
Though he will be, if he continues to not provide source as required by the GPL... (Find a source link on the linked page... I see none.)


Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
 
XxLostSoulxX
Old
#22  
XxLostSoulxX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 431
Posts: 3,736
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ft. Worth
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilajrestnom View Post
is there a tw kernel..? I couldn't find itttt

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
Used to in his old thread till it was taken down but mostly not supported anymore. I mean its there but not so much.
RIP Tori Dean Crawford 2/26/93 - 06/04/12 Great Friend Who Will Forever Be Missed

Samsung Epic 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 7.2 @ 1.8 GHz
Cyanogen Mod 10 @ 1.0 GHz
Samsung Nexus S 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 10 ~ Matr1x @ 1.0GHz
AOKP MS 6 ~ Air @ 1.47GHz
Samsung Galaxy N2:
Stock @ 1.9GHz
LG Nexus 4:
Stock @ 1.83GHz
Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
Stock @ 3.0GHz
 
engenuine
Old
#23  
engenuine's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 29
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default Yay

Yay! Thanks for the info, Can't wait to try this out!
 
‹BERô
Old
#24  
‹BERô's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 8923
Posts: 13,752
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by socos25 View Post
Such a talented guy, must be he doesn't like authority.. unfortunately you have to play by the rules.





Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
He actually did follow the rules others simply "assumed" he didn't because they couldn't find his patches and all that in his github. I'm stopping that there don't want an argument breaking out.

Anyways 2.19 tanto kernel works fine on alpha 5 since there wasn't any change in the stock kernel.

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0
Nexus 5: Paranoid RastaKat / Faux123
Nexus 7 FHD: Paranoid RastKat / Faux123
___________________________



 
adamdelozier
Old
#25  
adamdelozier's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 343
Posts: 841
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Milford, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Goron View Post
He actually did follow the rules others simply "assumed" he didn't because they couldn't find his patches and all that in his github. I'm stopping that there don't want an argument breaking out.

Anyways 2.19 tanto kernel works fine on alpha 5 since there wasn't any change in the stock kernel.

Sent From My SPH-D700 Running Android 4.0
Careful BG...dont incite a riot!! haha
ROM: M.O.A.R 2.2 [MB1] - 3/4/13
Kernel:[TW-JELLYBEAN][3/6/2013] KT747
Modem: MA6
Battery: ZeroLemon 6300 mah


If I happen to help you, don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button. And don't forget to thank all of our amazing developers out here!
 
XxLostSoulxX
Old
#26  
XxLostSoulxX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 431
Posts: 3,736
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ft. Worth
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamdelozier View Post
Careful BG...dont incite a riot!! haha
only those who want to will actually start it, he was simply saying please do not! if you understand what i mean
RIP Tori Dean Crawford 2/26/93 - 06/04/12 Great Friend Who Will Forever Be Missed

Samsung Epic 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 7.2 @ 1.8 GHz
Cyanogen Mod 10 @ 1.0 GHz
Samsung Nexus S 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 10 ~ Matr1x @ 1.0GHz
AOKP MS 6 ~ Air @ 1.47GHz
Samsung Galaxy N2:
Stock @ 1.9GHz
LG Nexus 4:
Stock @ 1.83GHz
Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
Stock @ 3.0GHz
The Following User Says Thank You to XxLostSoulxX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
celsius0010
Old
#27  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 117
Join Date: Jan 2008
I don't know the ins and outs and I don't care to.. I just know that Samurai Kernels work great and hopefully all of the bs can get worked out.. I don't want him stepping on any toes or anyone stepping on his!
 
greezestain
Old
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 167
Join Date: Nov 2010
The download link at dev-host.org appears to be down. Does anyone have a copy of the last Samurai kernel that was released?
 
earthbound[iap]
Old
(Last edited by earthbound[iap]; 21st March 2012 at 04:29 AM.)
#29  
earthbound[iap]'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1362
Posts: 1,273
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Minneapolis, MN

 
DONATE TO ME
alright just so everyone knows, I have updated my git it has been the whole time, just ask Goron he's been working off of it on his own, so he knows how often I push things to my git, cause i tell him to pull em all the time... As for K0nan, the link is there I assure you try using the site there a couple of menus not just the side bar...

Anyways the kernels have been updated, I also brought back tw.mtd tw.bml kernels... the git is up to date, so please just leave the subject alone... Just because someone says it's not up to date doesn't mean it acctually is... It is up to date, has been up to date, and will stay up to date...

PS: if you are having problems with the phone sleeping you probably need to not use cfq i/o scheduler, which for some reason some times it sets it as on initial boot <- working on this...

prefered governor is samurai or lagfree and i/o scheduler vr...


Please visit, by clicking banner below

"IAP, my f'n website emulates a desktop environment...your argument is invalid"

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to earthbound[iap] For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
XxLostSoulxX
Old
#30  
XxLostSoulxX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 431
Posts: 3,736
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ft. Worth
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthbound[iap] View Post
alright just so everyone knows, I have updated my git it has been the whole time, just ask Goron he's been working off of it on his own, so he knows how often I push things to my git, cause i tell him to pull em all the time... As for K0nan, the link is there I assure you try using the site there a couple of menus not just the side bar...

Anyways the kernels have been updated, I also brought back tw.mtd tw.bml kernels... the git is up to date, so please just leave the subject alone... Just because someone says it's not up to date doesn't mean it acctually is... It is up to date, has been up to date, and will stay up to date...

PS: if you are having problems with the phone sleeping you probably need to not use cfq i/o scheduler, which for some reason some times it sets it as on initial boot <- working on this...

prefered governor is samurai or lagfree and i/o scheduler vr...
Wow been a while since you posted here lol, But anyways i noticed that conservative works very well too with VR and noticed that CFQ with lagfree doesnt enable 100MHz to actually work its enabled as a freq. but doesn't get used it stays at 900MHz for some reason and that was with last update
RIP Tori Dean Crawford 2/26/93 - 06/04/12 Great Friend Who Will Forever Be Missed

Samsung Epic 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 7.2 @ 1.8 GHz
Cyanogen Mod 10 @ 1.0 GHz
Samsung Nexus S 4G:
Cyanogen Mod 10 ~ Matr1x @ 1.0GHz
AOKP MS 6 ~ Air @ 1.47GHz
Samsung Galaxy N2:
Stock @ 1.9GHz
LG Nexus 4:
Stock @ 1.83GHz
Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
Stock @ 3.0GHz

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes