XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Confirms Droid Incredible 2 Recieving ICS

Tip us?

03civicdx
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski View Post
Hence, that's why I'm going HTC for my next phone. They at least seem to give a crap about their customers whereas Motorola wants to saturate the market with as many new phones as possible, going completely against their promise not to do so.

Oh well, this is the same company that promised to unlock their bootloaders by the 4th quarter of 2011 and we all now how smooth and wonderful that went.

I know someone posted that he despised HTC because they didn't seem to last long , going bad in a few months due to hardware failures. Has anyone else noticed that before or even now? Just curious.
In my past experience with HTC phones they didn't last long at all. I had a few crap out on me with hardware failure. But, that was a few years ago they may have better hardware now. Or I would really hope so anyways.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Elite49
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Every phone I've ever bought turned out to be crap and loose support within months. Next Time its either HTC or Samsung. I vowed not to get Motorola before I bought the X2 but bought it anyway. I love the phone but once again feel shafted.
XDA the land of try hards, trolls and the occasional Android Gurus!
I "thank" for anything. Including tacos.
Current Phone: BLACK GS5 w/SlymHyde 11-2
WHITE GSIII w/BoneStock JB Fauxafied v26
NEXUS 7 CLEANROM 4.4.2

grnsl2
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Our company went with the origional incredible (10-15 phones) and didn't have many hardware issues that I'm aware of. Coverage was typical far as I could tell.

Me, I took a X back then and loved it till they killed it with GB. They offered me a few choices as a free replacement and I took the X2 thinking I had the docks etc for it.

At this point I'm not hesitating to jump ship from Moto, like alot have already said, to many phones pushed onto the market spreading the support for them way way to thin.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA App

dg4prez
Old
Thanks Meter 3,744

DONATE TO ME
i wasn't impressed with my samsung. my fascinate seemed like it was forgotten the moment it was released. nice screen, though. my inc2 is three times the phone that was, and is currently running ICS with very few bugs, save for buggy camera. the biggest issue and gripe about htc is the audio. on the inc2, at least, the audio levels are low on custom roms unless tweaked in the kernel, due to the weird way they did the audio on this phone. i do like the phone, but for pure modding, i don't think you can beat a nexus. that may be my next device. i'd LOVE to see an HTC nexus.

DaveRichardson
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspderek View Post
i'd LOVE to see an HTC nexus.

Yep, the N1 (and its twin, the original Desire) is one of the best Android phones of all time.

Johnpg
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I don't understand why you guys are complaining that X2 isn't getting ICS. I mean this phone came out in April or May11... There has only been 1 phone to even release with ICS since then and the next is still about a month out. By the time a ICS update would even hit for this phone, you would probably be a couple months from a upgrade anyway and a waaay better phone.

btw I had a HTC Incredible. Amazing phone and I abused the heck out of it on a physical and software level. Id go back to HTC in a heartbeat when their tegra 3 phone comes out.

754boy
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I'mma be honest. I personally don't care if this phone gets ICS or not. I've toyed around with a nexus before and I still don't see what the big fuss over ICS is about. Sure ICS would be cool, but I wouldnt cry if I didn't get it lol.
Phone: Cspire Samsung Galaxy S3
Rom: Pacman AIO 4.4.4 d2lte

ashclepdia
Old
Thanks Meter 1,524

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 754boy View Post
I'mma be honest. I personally don't care if this phone gets ICS or not. I've toyed around with a nexus before and I still don't see what the big fuss over ICS is about. Sure ICS would be cool, but I wouldnt cry if I didn't get it lol.
but the fact remains
Motorola publicly stated/promised to give updates and support devices for 18 MONTHS AFTER RELEASE. our x2 is perfectly capable of handling ics, we SHOULD get it. if we don't I for one will chalk it up to Motorola being lazy, not trying hard enough,.and being greedy (many people WANT ics and by not updating x2 many people will go buy a new device)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!

skwoodwiva
Old
Thanks Meter 181

DONATE TO ME
All this talk about HTC and Sami phones being better and all. But put aside cool features and even usability cuz of an unlocked bootloader. Do they sound as good as a phone?
I thought the D3 was a better sounding but had to choose ours cuz of the Bluetooth tone that is forced on D3 users. Yet I never heard a phone sound as good as the original Droid.
Rant off.

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by 754boy View Post
Because of hardware acceleration. It offloads graphical processing from the CPU and places it where it belongs: on the GPU.

Better multitasking via a kernel rewrite to make the system smoother.

Those are the two biggies for me.

And, unless the X2 gets an ICS kernel, you won't see those two things.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast