Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM] [04.05] MIUI v4 ICS - 2.5.4 - Android 4.0.4 - CM9 Kernel

OP proxuser

27th February 2012, 12:22 PM   |  #811  
mikep1993's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freistadt
Thanks Meter: 395
 
903 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by proxuser

If kernel make market issue then I will try old cm9 kernel. Facelock and front cam works not perfect for now..

Sent from my Desire S using xda premium

Yeah market is working with tiamat.

I had no freezes for now. I use tiamat for 3 days now. Not the daemon stuff only the normal OC with the smartassv2 govenor.

EDIT:

Ok had my first total freeze a few moments ago (I use tiamat). No luck with the reboot combination (Vol UP + Down + Power)
Last edited by mikep1993; 27th February 2012 at 01:17 PM.
27th February 2012, 02:50 PM   |  #812  
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 41
 
419 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Tiamat looks like a Desire S bricker, be carefull.

Some people reported bricked devices hot unpluging the battery.
27th February 2012, 06:13 PM   |  #813  
mikep1993's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freistadt
Thanks Meter: 395
 
903 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackyJack

Tiamat looks like a Desire S bricker, be carefull.

Some people reported bricked devices hot unpluging the battery.

Really. What are their settings?

I don't want to brick my device ;(

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
27th February 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #814  
Senior Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 41
 
419 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Dunno, I am just putting together the people who bricked their device by pulling off the battery, and the freezes that seems to appear with Tiamat kernel where the only way out is unpluggin' the battery...
27th February 2012, 09:33 PM   |  #815  
mikep1993's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freistadt
Thanks Meter: 395
 
903 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackyJack

Dunno, I am just putting together the people who bricked their device by pulling off the battery, and the freezes that seems to appear with Tiamat kernel where the only way out is unpluggin' the battery...

yeah I know.

Tiamat seems very stable but yeah I had a freeze during playing a game. I hope it if fixed soon.

After 15h I still have 75% battery..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
27th February 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #816  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61
 
400 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep1993

yeah I know.

Tiamat seems very stable but yeah I had a freeze during playing a game. I hope it if fixed soon.

After 15h I still have 75% battery..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

You wrote that you are using smartass v2. Can you explain how this governor behaves? I only found something about smartass.

... And yes Tiamat is very stable.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire S mit Tapatalk
27th February 2012, 10:31 PM   |  #817  
mikep1993's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Freistadt
Thanks Meter: 395
 
903 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolo39

You wrote that you are using smartass v2. Can you explain how this governor behaves? I only found something about smartass.

... And yes Tiamat is very stable.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire S mit Tapatalk

As far as I know it it's very similar to the normal smartass with some further improvements. I can't tell very detailed differences but yeah it is working great.

Only had one fatal freeze during a game...

I use normal oc not the Deamon stuff...

Something between 192000 to 1.0xx.xxx
not sure about the correct values

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to mikep1993 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #818  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Anyone else have the issue where the phone displays numbers only instead of contact names in calls and sms?
28th February 2012, 06:19 AM   |  #819  
bl4ckb1rd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cologne (Köln)
Thanks Meter: 167
 
410 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolInvictus

Anyone else have the issue where the phone displays numbers only instead of contact names in calls and sms?

that's an allready known issues
phone will only display contact pictures for phone numbers without country code
0123 123456789
and sms only with country code like
+49 123 123456789
28th February 2012, 09:05 AM   |  #820  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Damn. Is that just a recent bug, or is it to do with release 3?

Also, getting some weird behaviour from the clock. If I set an alarm, that force closes, but the alarm is successfully set and works normally. Peculiar one.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes