HTC Sense 4.0 [Pics & Video]

27th February 2012, 03:05 PM   |  #481  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 3

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loni90

Any link? Haven't seen any such announcements, either on FB or on Twitter... Hope its true!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

I saw it somewhere on the page as a reply to a question, not a proper post.. Now that I think about it, they said "the latest Sense" instead of identifying a specific version so I just gotta hope for the best. But I really really want the new camera app, at least
27th February 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #482  
Flag Chang Hua City
Thanks Meter: 118

440 posts
More
^at some point in time, the sense 4 camera apk will be here in xda. after all its only a camera apk.

but if its somehow tied to elements of sense 4.. well then..
if not, there is hope!
27th February 2012, 03:32 PM   |  #483  
Flag Nottinghamshire
Thanks Meter: 2,235

2,100 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by townay

^at some point in time, the sense 4 camera apk will be here in xda. after all its only a camera apk.

but if its somehow tied to elements of sense 4.. well then..
if not, there is hope!

The camera APK will be useless for our phones because the camera on the One series has a seperate image processor where as the Sensation does the image processing in the CPU. Without the additional hardware the extra features of Sense 4.0 just won't work well.

This also will make a good quality port very difficult.

Sent from Tapatalk
27th February 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #484  
Flag Chang Hua City
Thanks Meter: 118

440 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyAdams

The camera APK will be useless for our phones because the camera on the One series has a seperate image processor where as the Sensation does the image processing in the CPU. Without the additional hardware the extra features of Sense 4.0 just won't work well.

This also will make a good quality port very difficult.

Sent from Tapatalk

good point. silly me not taking that into account lol
27th February 2012, 05:17 PM   |  #485  
Thanks Meter: 6

100 posts
I don't think the 1S is S4 processor since I've read in several places that it will be launched in the 2nd half and the 1S launches in April.
I will post the links in a min

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium
Must have read it wrong then.
Anywho it looks pretty cool but I'm only interested in the coming ics upgrade for our sensations
Last edited by LilChinchster; 27th February 2012 at 05:21 PM.
27th February 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #486  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 2,899

5,630 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by townay

-Latest Sense currently is 3.5.
-Official ICS for Sensation rolls out around end of March.
-HTC One series will only be available in the market on April.

By your meaning of "Latest" I'd guess its the Sense 3.5 version.
HTC will never butcher their One series sales just because the Sensation will handle Sense 4.0 just fine. Especially One S, considering its specs are almost identical to Sensation.

the OneS is VASTLY improved/different compared to the Sensation btw from a hardware standpoint. S4 chip versus S3 is big enough on its own. the camera lense is f2 which is huge on its own, along with the separate camera imaging chip to help perform all the tasks on the new sense 4.0 camera.

but doubt u see sense 4.0 anyway b/c during the event they seemed to hone in on the camera features in the new Sense4.0 devices and thats all built around the new imagingchip they have built in, that other devices currently do not have...just my 2cent there.
27th February 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #487  
Flag Androidpolis
Thanks Meter: 126

1,189 posts
More
Either de the 1s or 1x are a Good upgrade for the Sensation.. If the one s looks similar (for the eyes) to the Sensation, it doesnt mean they are almost the same, just having the s4 is a huge step, no mentioning the sense image chip, the new camera (better than the rezound and amaze), thinner, super amoled screen, new battery tecnhology, etc, etc, etc..

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium
27th February 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #488  
Thanks Meter: 173

455 posts
More
Everyone is worried about the 'low mA battery' but in fact, HTC did a brilliant step. Because the battery is non-removable, they can do things with the connectors of the battery that normally unable is. It'll drain much less battery because of the connectors.
(This has been told to me).
The Following User Says Thank You to Solar_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #489  
OP Senior Member
Flag SWEDEN
Thanks Meter: 231

686 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_

Everyone is worried about the 'low mA battery' but in fact, HTC did a brilliant step. Because the battery is non-removable, they can do things with the connectors of the battery that normally unable is. It'll drain much less battery because of the connectors.
(This has been told to me).

Yeah but huawei managed to instal a (I guess, not exactly sure) a 2100mAh batt when 1X only have 1800 ... Both are tegra 3..

Wish HTC could go 2000 also.. since its built in..

27th February 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #490  
Thanks Meter: 173

455 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loni90

Yeah but huawei managed to instal a (I guess, not exactly sure) a 2100mAh batt when 1X only have 1800 ... Both are tegra 3..

Wish HTC could go 2000 also.. since its built in..

Maybe HTC did optimise their Sense 4.0 software this time so the battery will be better. Who knows..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0, android, htc, leak, sense, sense 4
Previous Thread Next Thread