Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 43,623 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Updated Chrome and it no longer works with CM9 ICS?

Tip us?

s89281b
Old
(Last edited by s89281b; 25th February 2012 at 12:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtogami View Post
It turns out the only change necessary to make Chrome work is ro.build.id. I wrote a detailed analysis of this issue in this blog entry. Be sure to read the warning!
yeah i figured it was only one line but i found gingerbread mentioned several times and i wanted to get rid of all mention of it. and i was to lazy to test one line at a time. thanks for clearing that up.

Aterveus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Chrome app working again

All you have to do is backup your data and reflash cm9 and gapps and reinstall the downloaded apk , the market may give you some problems .

truthisee
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Update to alpha 5... they fixed chrome beta update issue... otherwise find older versions of apps on applanet.net

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

KC_RSX
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Which versions of a custom rom of ICS 4.0 support Google Chrome?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

The reason I ask is because there are so many ICS themed roms, what constitutes one that'll work vs won't?

kazea182
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_RSX View Post
Which versions of a custom rom of ICS 4.0 support Google Chrome?

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

The reason I ask is because there are so many ICS themed roms, what constitutes one that'll work vs won't?
you would need to be using CM9, Alpha 5 if you wanted the latest update to work out of the box. To get CM9 Alpa 5 go here: http://epiccm.blogspot.com/p/cm9-install-guide.html

KC_RSX
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So ANY ROM using CM 9 and Alpha 5 will work? Not familiar with what Alpha 5 is, what's that? (had someone root me n do my flashing of roms.. Still pretty new to it)
THX

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

Zeinzu
Old
Thanks Meter 1,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_RSX View Post
So ANY ROM using CM 9 and Alpha 5 will work? Not familiar with what Alpha 5 is, what's that? (had someone root me n do my flashing of roms.. Still pretty new to it)
THX

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
Are you using the Epic 4G (non-touch)? If so there is only one cm9 alpha 5. It is it's own ROM.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk