Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,440 Members 50,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] How To Flash Custom Roms On Your Droid X

Tip us?

sjmoreno
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubakuba View Post
Your current root applications still work.
But anything new you try to grant root access won't work.
Yup, you're right. I've verified the apps that had root access prior to my updating to .621 via the OTA upgrade still have root access and any new apps installed after the update that require root cannot access it.

Sorry for jumping the gun and thinking everything was okay when in actuality they were not.

I'm okay for now even without root for new apps since the ones I use are already installed on my phone. I can wait patiently for someone to release a rooted .621 SFB later or another root method for .621.

And in the end, I can always just get a newer phone since 2 of the 5 phones on my Verizon account have been up for renewal for several months now. I've just been waiting for them to offer a quad-core phone (with hopefully an unlocked bootloader). Here's to hoping...
The Following User Says Thank You to sjmoreno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dnynooberone
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Re: Factory Reset

Near the end of the instructions is the line -

"- Do a factory reset from within this menu."

The only option is "wipe card/factory reset."

Since the wording is a bit different, and people might be afraid of an untold "wipe card" option, they might freak out.

Thanks for the guide!

franz_r20
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default looking for a rom motorola mb810

I am looking for a rom that disable the activation of the motorla call

xdeadman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Ready to Install a ROM...

Hi. Im just about ready to install a rom. I just wanna check if I have all the right software. Here's my phone specs: Droid X 2.3.3, 4.5.605

I'm attempting to install using the method above: Liberty Gingerbread v0.9 - downloaded from Liberty Toolbox.

I have ROM Manager installed, flashed recovery, and can reboot into Clockworkmod. I have also made a backup of my current ROM through ROM Manager.

I have researched, and feel confident, on how to SBF back if something bad happens.

Please let me know if I have all the right stuff to make this happen.

deboyz1014
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I have a spare droid x that I rooted and its on 2.3.3 .605 and everything is great. Yesterday, I did a backup of it, flashed to CM7 03302012 and everything works fine there. When I tried to do a CWM restore of my stock backup, it failed. Do I need to sbf back to .605 in order to do a restore of that backup?

kidd1872
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Droid X

I have been trying to unlock a droid X and I got no resolution. Can some help me. I really appriecated

kmss1
Old
(Last edited by kmss1; 3rd May 2012 at 11:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Screwed DX???

Edit: got the issue handled elsewhere.

Hacker101
Old
(Last edited by Hacker101; 6th November 2012 at 10:58 PM.) Reason: Im rooted and ROMed
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation rooted droid x on .621

rooted .621 droidx running miui 5.12 ROM Wizard0f0s

Wazzzz up
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Okay, so I read you post and most of the comments. The comment before mine is asking the same question I am about to ask, but it has no responses so here I go.

I just purchased a DROID X from a guy on Craigslist, I got home bypassed the Activation, and all of that, it shows like it is still in service thou, there are a few apps that I know don't come with it stock. I am not new to flashing ROM's.

I checked my version and it ends in, .620.MB810.Verizon.en.US.
The phone is rooted, it has Superuser. it updates like it has signal from Verizon and displays the Verizon Wireless logo when I drop down the status bar. I have no intention on using the previous owners service, or going through their information or stuff, I am about to format the SD Card, but don't want to do it in case there is a file in there I need.

Anyways, I want to start from scratch and just format it or flash a new ROM, I have no interest in using it as a phone, just as an extra to play games on, etc. Can I install a custom ROM?

Also if I call Verizon will they deactivate it or something? I don't want to cause the person to have to pay for service or something.

Hacker101
Old
(Last edited by Hacker101; 6th November 2012 at 10:54 PM.) Reason: added links
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzzz up View Post
Okay, so I read you post and most of the comments. The comment before mine is asking the same question I am about to ask, but it has no responses so here I go.

I just purchased a DROID X from a guy on Craigslist, I got home bypassed the Activation, and all of that, it shows like it is still in service thou, there are a few apps that I know don't come with it stock. I am not new to flashing ROM's.

I checked my version and it ends in, .620.MB810.Verizon.en.US.
The phone is rooted, it has Superuser. it updates like it has signal from Verizon and displays the Verizon Wireless logo when I drop down the status bar. I have no intention on using the previous owners service, or going through their information or stuff, I am about to format the SD Card, but don't want to do it in case there is a file in there I need.

Anyways, I want to start from scratch and just format it or flash a new ROM, I have no interest in using it as a phone, just as an extra to play games on, etc. Can I install a custom ROM?

Also if I call Verizon will they deactivate it or something? I don't want to cause the person to have to pay for service or something.
well the guy you bought the phone from should have done that if he sold you a phone and its not turned off (service wise) I would contact him and let them no unless he is already in the process's of doing so if the phone still is on verizon service the one you bought from him he has to call verizon about it because its still on his verizon plane. Hope it helped

And yes you can Rom it as long as its rooted

MAKE NANDROID BACKUP

Titanium Backup ★ root https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dW1CYWNrdXAiXQ..

Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap (for Droid X) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Jvb3RzdHJhcCJd

ROM Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...9tbWFuYWdlciJd