Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,479 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY][ROM][GWK74] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Bravo (HTC Desire GSM)

Tip us?

aeoveu
Old
Thanks Meter 85
There is one place where I've been witnessing a FC: the DSP manager FCs when I receive a call (it seems it happens mostly the first time after a reboot). As in - I start the phone (or restart it), receive a call, and on the screen I get a FC error. I have to close it before being able to answer the call (or seeing who is calling).

Once I've closed the error, it doesn't seem to show up again (I don't receive many calls as such)

daemonarch21
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeoveu View Post
There is one place where I've been witnessing a FC: the DSP manager FCs when I receive a call (it seems it happens mostly the first time after a reboot). As in - I start the phone (or restart it), receive a call, and on the screen I get a FC error. I have to close it before being able to answer the call (or seeing who is calling).

Once I've closed the error, it doesn't seem to show up again (I don't receive many calls as such)
i have unistall DSP.i found it useless anyway

effepas
Old
Thanks Meter 19
The last nightly build works very well.
I have only a force close that is followed by a reboot when I try to log in in Skype.
I think that this nightly release use the battery in a different way in comparison with the 262 build... the battery seems last less than the usual but is only my first impression.

daemonarch21
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by effepas View Post
The last nightly build works very well.
I have only a force close that is followed by a reboot when I try to log in in Skype.
I think that this nightly release use the battery in a different way in comparison with the 262 build... the battery seems last less than the usual but is only my first impression.
maybe u sould calibrate it.my battery last same and a little better

effepas
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonarch21 View Post
maybe u sould calibrate it.my battery last same and a little better
Maybe you are right I will try to do this today.

stankyou
Old
Thanks Meter 433
CM70 20120225-Nightly doesn't seem to play well with ManU 2.1 HAVS... to me at least. When I undervolt it to the usual values I had it with v261 nightly, I get random reboots and app restarts. I haven't tested it with the default voltage values for ManU 2.1 though but I do find the voltage values a tad bit too high.

I'm currently using the built in CM7 kernel and its seems stable. Battery drain's quite a bit I think...

Anyone had any issues with the ManU kernel with this nightly?

LG Nexus 5, LG Nexus 4, HTC Desire

- I feel oh so dirty flashing without wiping.
- A word of advice, do a clean flash or just shut the hell up.
- That sad moment my favorite rom became too bloated for my liking that I started to look at other roms.
- I read the OP but where's the fun in that?

3f1f37
Old
Thanks Meter 1136
Quote:
Originally Posted by stankyou View Post
CM70 20120225-Nightly doesn't seem to play well with ManU 2.1 HAVS... to me at least. When I undervolt it to the usual values I had it with v261 nightly, I get random reboots and app restarts. I haven't tested it with the default voltage values for ManU 2.1 though but I do find the voltage values a tad bit too high.

I'm currently using the built in CM7 kernel and its seems stable. Battery drain's quite a bit I think...

Anyone had any issues with the ManU kernel with this nightly?
Just downloaded it now, can you upload or give me your undervolt values so i can test along with you.

Will only be able to give you an answer after i get home from work, which is in about 4 hours.

Just in case, what app are you using to undervolt???
Phone: SONY Z2
Recovery: Stock
Android version: KitKat
Software number: 17.1.A.2.55

Phone: HTC One X
Recovery: Philz Touch
Software number: KVT49L

stankyou
Old
Thanks Meter 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3f1f37 View Post
Just downloaded it now, can you upload or give me your undervolt values so i can test along with you.

Will only be able to give you an answer after i get home from work, which is in about 4 hours.

Just in case, what app are you using to undervolt???
I use IncrediControl app as suggested by EV. I just adjust all the lower threshold values several steps down until the 245MHz frequency is set to 900mv.
I leave the upper threshold for each frequency as is. Ondemand governor using 245MHz-998Mz

This config works fine on Nightly v261 but given the fact that there are a ton of changes between that and this last nightly, they might have made some changes?

LG Nexus 5, LG Nexus 4, HTC Desire

- I feel oh so dirty flashing without wiping.
- A word of advice, do a clean flash or just shut the hell up.
- That sad moment my favorite rom became too bloated for my liking that I started to look at other roms.
- I read the OP but where's the fun in that?

effepas
Old
Thanks Meter 19
The battery is working fine at this moment.
Yesterday afternoon (4.00 PM Italian Time Zone) I do a full charge and I used my phone for playing mp3 for more or less two hours I browsed some internet pages in 3G (on a Bus while I was travelling for more or less 110 km) and I used the wlan connection for the rest of the time until now... and after 23 hours I have yet the 48% of my battery.
So my first impression about battery draining was wrong.
I use the last nightly build but I prefer to use another RIL (the HTC-RIL 2.2.0028HM) and the 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 Radio version.
The governor I use is Interactive (245-1113 MHz).
I hope that my data could be useful for other users.

3f1f37
Old
Thanks Meter 1136
Quote:
Originally Posted by stankyou View Post
I use IncrediControl app as suggested by EV. I just adjust all the lower threshold values several steps down until the 245MHz frequency is set to 900mv.
I leave the upper threshold for each frequency as is. Ondemand governor using 245MHz-998Mz

This config works fine on Nightly v261 but given the fact that there are a ton of changes between that and this last nightly, they might have made some changes?
I use the same set up, if 900mv is your starting point, by what increment do you increase your voltages - from 900mv to 925mv for the next clock speed?

As i am going to use this procedure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by effepas View Post
The battery is working fine at this moment.
Yesterday afternoon (4.00 PM Italian Time Zone) I do a full charge and I used my phone for playing mp3 for more or less two hours I browsed some internet pages in 3G (on a Bus while I was travelling for more or less 110 km) and I used the wlan connection for the rest of the time until now... and after 23 hours I have yet the 48% of my battery.
So my first impression about battery draining was wrong.
I use the last nightly build but I prefer to use another RIL (the HTC-RIL 2.2.0028HM) and the 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 Radio version.
The governor I use is Interactive (245-1113 MHz).
I hope that my data could be useful for other users.
That is pretty impressive battery life your getting.
I can barely barely make it from 06H00 to 17H00 on 1 charge, just popped it in on charge now @ 30% left?

You can PM me with your method you used to get this, as this thread is for CM nightly discussions and not battery life.

Thanks
Phone: SONY Z2
Recovery: Stock
Software number: 17.1.A.2.55

Phone: HTC One X
Recovery: Philz Touch
Software number: KVT49L