[ROM][02/27/2012] ClassicNerd+MIUI.us Presents MIUI v4[4.0.3-2.2.24][ALPHA]

Search This thread

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
It's based on ClassicNerd so Netflix, HD Youtube, Flash videos etc. won't work until they are fixed in CN.

does CN not base there stuff off of CM9? Shouldn't this be based off of CM9 directly for a more stable ROM here? I'm not trying to bash anyone, I'm just curious. CN is great and I welcome as much development here as possible but IMO pulling from CM9 would make more sense.

sahhar1993

Jan 25, 2010
tebessa
does CN not base there stuff off of CM9? Shouldn't this be based off of CM9 directly for a more stable ROM here? I'm not trying to bash anyone, I'm just curious. CN is great and I welcome as much development here as possible but IMO pulling from CM9 would make more sense.

You are right men

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

TMartin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 30, 2008
Sunbury, Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9

I will continue to base off of CN because I'm apart of CN. Dalingrin said the source for those fixes will be released soon then CN will be just as stable as CM9.

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I will continue to base off of CN because I'm apart of CN. Dalingrin said the source for those fixes will be released soon then CN will be just as stable as CM9.

ok so CN is pulling from cm9 source but cm9 team hasn't updated their source to the "alpha2" level? that would explain why CN is still behind a little bit. i guess this will continue to be a problem for CN and anything based off of CN as new updates are released? either way, thanks for the reply, i think miui is a great idea for the touchpad. thanks for working on it. i hope that source is released soon.

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
ok so CN is pulling from cm9 source but cm9 team hasn't updated their source to the "alpha2" level? that would explain why CN is still behind a little bit. i guess this will continue to be a problem for CN and anything based off of CN as new updates are released? either way, thanks for the reply, i think miui is a great idea for the touchpad. thanks for working on it. i hope that source is released soon.

CN isn't CM9 source, although it does use some of their stuff.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk.

malctron

Feb 20, 2009
Market Drayton
Can anyone re upload this to another host if they got it? really want to have a play.

FOrget that found it on the MIUI website, was being a n00b XD

Last edited:

Joker Fuel

Mar 10, 2011

OK guys let's keep the "cn vs cm " out of these threads. It's a neverending ***** fest that accomplishes nothing and has been covered numerous times, and not really welcome here

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
6c09e1d0-5e2a-bf64.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e37-3e33.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e41-b11d.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e4d-1ccf.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e56-3d8e.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e6e-07c8.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e76-4fca.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e84-5023.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e8d-488e.jpg
6c09e1d0-5e95-b14f.jpg

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
TMartin, I am doing a writeup on this, and I'd like to know a few things.

Is this basically CN with MIUI framework?

Does it use all the performance tweaks and scrips from CN?

On another note, root access seems to not be working until SU is installed from the market.

Last edited:

ghostzyden

Sep 27, 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Miui home keeps force closing on me. I tried fixing permissions but the only fix was clearing the data in the apps settings. That lasted 5 minutes lol. I'll try a fresh install later. I love the work, thanks Tmartin;)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
OK guys let's keep the "cn vs cm " out of these threads. It's a neverending ***** fest that accomplishes nothing and has been covered numerous times, and not really welcome here

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

It's not "CN vs CM". i was just trying to get information. i mean this is a forum and the idea behind a forum is to communicate right? :rolleyes:. Don't be so defensive. i don't follow CN so I didn't know the deal. I asked my questions, I got my information, I give my thanks, THE END. thank you sir.

TMartin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 30, 2008
Sunbury, Ohio
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
TMartin, I am doing a writeup on this, and I'd like to know a few things.

Is this basically CN with MIUI framework?

Yes and....

Does it use all the performance tweaks and scrips from CN?

yes!

On another note, root access seems to not be working until SU is installed from the market.

I thought MIUI had it's own root access process. I'll have to get with scott because I don't know a thing about MIUI. I just got it up and running :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mainmg.png

plussign.jpg

htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official
    MIUI 2.2.24 ICS ROM [ALPHA]

• Overall it's pretty functional
    • Changing the clock theme caused issues so I'm not sure it's all theme related items
    • Chrome Beta is a no go until I change one more thing in the build.prop
    • Default wallpaper is too small. Will change later.
    • Please let me know what else you find

This rom was ported by me. Many thanks to scott951 & |0xD34D|!!!

Screenshots courtesy of Krunk_Kracker:

6c09e1d0-5e2a-bf64.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e37-3e33.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e41-b11d.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e4d-1ccf.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e56-3d8e.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e6e-07c8.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e76-4fca.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e84-5023.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e8d-488e.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e95-b14f.jpg

6c09e1d0-5e2a-bf64.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e37-3e33.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e41-b11d.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e4d-1ccf.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e56-3d8e.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e6e-07c8.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e76-4fca.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e84-5023.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e8d-488e.jpg
    6c09e1d0-5e95-b14f.jpg

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk
    Can anyone re upload this to another host if they got it? really want to have a play.

FOrget that found it on the MIUI website, was being a n00b XD

check out our website. www.classicnerd.net

you'll find the link on there.
    Woooooow
    But where is thé différence.you must work together

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium HD app

There are a lot of differences bro. Working together is a key thing. But using others work so users can enjoy is different than working together. You are basically asking to kang another persons completed rom and put miui on it. My response was, why would he do that when we have our own source.

Believe me, I am willing to bet, we/I have more respect for CM, Evervolv, and AOKP then the average end user does. Why? Because we/I understand how many hours are invested (thousands), what type of modding is being done, how the brainstorming begins, how many times a reformat and re-sync to their git's are done, creating new java files, modifying c++ files, creating apps, the joys, frustrations, and the learning that an AOSP open source dev goes thru. And I'm a noob at it. They are true pros. If we aspire to be a talented team, we must walk the walk my friend. And it's not a walk, more like climbing a mountain.

Why not you or others take their work and build upon it? Take our work and help fix the kinks? That's what the spirit is about. Believe me, it's not like we aren't trying to fix problems over here. My response was why would one of our devs use another teams git to port MIUI over?

I can only image how many hours a team like CM have invested in their source. We have to remember, CM is a large team, compiled of extremely talented developers, some whom write coding for a living. Think of it like this, libs/bins will remain the same for each device. But the guts (framework/apps) vary between sources. That's the true magic. While some have strictly stock feel, others have a smoother UI feel, while others have amazing add-on's. That's the beauty of our world.

A better suggestion would be to take each of our sources and have users like yourself port miui to them, so we have different flavors of miui. That's where the fun is. How many different AOSP developement teams are there? Not nearly as many modders. The reason is because of the indepth look in to the actual coding involved. I don't think the average person really understands how large this ecosystem actually is. It goes much deeper than one device. Imaging each change you make, will affect dozens of devices. So to be able to modify code that affects them all the same and won't cause problems by a cross-platform basis is just short of a miracle.

So looking back at when I was working on XRONified CM7, I only wished that I would have started with source then. Because all I was doing is modifying their base.

Cheers!

~leo