XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lost baseband, HELP!

Tip us?

DCAMMM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Lost baseband, HELP!

OK so here's the deal. A week ago I flashed ICS Passion V13 onto my Vibrant. Worked brilliantly for a few days, then I totally lost my baseband. Tried flashing a different modem with no luck. Could not find anything in the settings (APN, faulty IMEI, etc) that seemed to be responsible. Worried, I ODIN'd back to LiDROID as recommended, but still didn't have any luck. REALLY worried, I Odin'd back to stock. STILL NO BASEBAND!! Anyone have any ideas?

shreddintyres
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAMMM View Post
OK so here's the deal. A week ago I flashed ICS Passion V13 onto my Vibrant. Worked brilliantly for a few days, then I totally lost my baseband. Tried flashing a different modem with no luck. Could not find anything in the settings (APN, faulty IMEI, etc) that seemed to be responsible. Worried, I ODIN'd back to LiDROID as recommended, but still didn't have any luck. REALLY worried, I Odin'd back to stock. STILL NO BASEBAND!! Anyone have any ideas?
I would do an odin all the way back to stock JFD nothing has ever worked better for me when i run into a problem like this, it could also be another problem with your EFS partition. (i hope youve made a back up of this partition before you started flashing).

I recently lost my baseband but doing a full wipe and cache/dalvik wipe (completely clean install) seems to have resolved my issue. The only other thing i could think of would be a hardware failure but i dont see why that would return a no baseband error.

Hopefully odin'ing to stock and reflashing from the ground up will help.

-Cheers.
LG Nexus 5 - black - 32GB - SlimKat | Franco Kernel

Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - SlimKat | Franco Kernel

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - GSM (i9250) - Slim Bean(latest) | Franco Kernel (latest nightly)(retired)
Samsung T-Mobile Vibrant - ICZen (4.0.4) || ASUS Transformer Prime - Androwook || Kindle Fire - Completely stock(retired)

DCAMMM
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I Odin'd to stock JFD, and did a factory reset from the Settings>Privacy menu. Nothing. I'm thinking it must be a problem with the efs... and i did not back those files up unfortunately. Thanks for the help. Any other ideas?

Moped_Ryder
Old
Thanks Meter 544
check to see if you have a:

/sdcard/backup

directory (notice I didn't type "backups")

A lot of ROMs will automatically backup the efs.
Never eat prunes when famished.