Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,291 Members 46,779 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] *#*# codes

Tip us?

jnc8651
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default [Q] *#*# codes

Hey everyone,

Does any one know how to get codes like *#*#4636#*#* to work?

Id like to poke around within the network settings and also check out the wifi signal strength.

When i try the code above nothing happens. However the thunderbolt 4g switcher app in the market allows me to bring up the radio menu
8125 ----> att tilt cracked screen ( i miss my tilt ) ----> att fuze (digitiser is eff'ed) -----> sh1tty samsung x427m ------> att touch pro2 { lost } ---> iphone 3g :/ ----> att touch pro 2 ---> tmo htc hd2 ---> htc thunderbolt ( sold) --> Moto Droid 4+ motorola xoom ( with lte installed) ---> moto xoom ( with LTE) and a verizon samsung galaxy s3 (blue 32gb)

Dave Lister
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I'm not sure this has everything you're looking for, but try ##PROGRAM

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 853
UseAnyCut from the market to set a shortcut to any of the hidden menus, no keycodes needed.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond.
The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zeroktal
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default ##program still 000000

##program password is still 000000

jnc8651
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroktal View Post
##program password is still 000000
Thanks i dident know this phone had the ##program code still in it. That will work fine
8125 ----> att tilt cracked screen ( i miss my tilt ) ----> att fuze (digitiser is eff'ed) -----> sh1tty samsung x427m ------> att touch pro2 { lost } ---> iphone 3g :/ ----> att touch pro 2 ---> tmo htc hd2 ---> htc thunderbolt ( sold) --> Moto Droid 4+ motorola xoom ( with lte installed) ---> moto xoom ( with LTE) and a verizon samsung galaxy s3 (blue 32gb)

leobg
Old
Thanks Meter 132
##PROGRAM is for the CDMA radio programming.

Anyone tried *#*#4636#*#* code (this is Android's networking test/settings menu). I wonder if there is way to switch phone to GSM mode
leobg

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 853
Hi leo like I said above, you can get to all the menus easily with shortcuts but GSM mode is disabled in the radio so that won't work.

All of the low level settings menus are available though.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

The Following User Says Thank You to cellzealot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leobg
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Thanks CZ, I miss the good old days when TBH was overflowing with moto leaks.. I'd imagine uncrippled radio
leobg

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by leobg View Post
Thanks CZ, I miss the good old days when TBH was overflowing with moto leaks.. I'd imagine uncrippled radio
Oh how I miss those days too...waiting for the full xml.zip for the D4 so we can have some fun with it safely is killing me!

I expect there to be an update that unlocks the GSM global roaming capability soon,we'll see.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

highlandsun
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 253

DONATE TO ME
GSM requires more than a simple "unlock" - Motorola makes multiple different sets of radio firmware for this hardware. The GSM firmware is completely separate and totally absent from our radio image.
T-Mobile G1 / radio 2.22.28.25 / SPL 1.33.0013d / Recovery RA-dream-1.7.0 / FroyoByLazlo-4
T-Mobile TP2 (RHOD210) / radio 4.49.25.57 / WM6.5 / XDAndroid FRX06+Fixes
Verizon Droid4 / 6.16.217.XT894