5,595,067 Members 39,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New Transformer Pads inc. Glad i have the Prime.

Tip us?

jaypm
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin View Post
Plus I've never seen an super amoled fanboi before till now after some of the posts I've read...lmao those displays are so saturated and have very unnatural colors. They can keep that cartoon looking display ill opt for natural looking colors. Not some over the top Candyland looking display make everything look like a cartoon. There's a reason Prime holds title of best display of any tablet out now. Its the brightest, has highest contrast ratio, and most dpi of any tablet out now. If super amoled display was so great it would've held that title right now.
the tf201 display has very good brightness but the colors are washed out on a lot of panels including mine. plenty of people complaining about this here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1483573

to say it has "natural looking colors" is pretty bogus considering how color temperature across different units has been all over the map. again, all in the thread.

i own a GS2 (samoled+) and a tf201 and side by side there is no contest. the GS2 screen isn't oversaturated at all and the contrast ratio with true blacks is pretty amazing. would take a samoled+ display over this thing any day.
at&t galaxy s iii / stock rooted
asus transformer prime tf201 32gb amethyst C1 / dock BC / jb 4.1.1

clouds5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 334
Amoled or LCD is really a matter of taste... I wouldnt say one is clearly better, but to some people one is more appealing than the other...

I'm an LCD guy myself. My brother has the sgs2 and when i see something green on that Amoled screen i could throw up But he keeps telling me its the best screen he ever saw.

Again, great to have options. For me the Prime's display with its ips+ mode is the best screen i ever saw.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted

opentoe
Old
Thanks Meter 36
If Asus just announced a new tablet, I would imagine slap another 3-5 months on that even before we see a pre-order. Basically it seems the Prime was just a trial run for Asus to see how well they would do. The problem is they have done every mistake in the book and lost a lot of customer's.

I am on my 5th Transformer Prime.
http://www.primetablet.com - Just messing around - all for fun

Get yourself 500MB FREE on Dropbox.com using my referral link. We both win!
http://db.tt/AlHWqhUy

junrider
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Speaking of timelines... Am I the only one that thinks it's strange that a mass-market device that Asus has said they want to sell a million of is still unavailable in typical B&M stores two months after it went on sale?

I think its strange too.. over 2 months since its release and I have only seen a few people getting a hold of the prime in an actual store and inventory of it are slim. I know of none in my area and neither best buy and gamestop said theyll never carry it on theirs shelfs. I dont think that they are in high demand but just appearing that way because of limited releases. Or maybe Asus isnt ready to release the prime in B&M in masses because they still have bugs and or hardware changes to resolve. Just my thoughts..

demandarin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2044
Galaxy tab 7.7 isn't even out yet.....lol. nice try though

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

rdalev
Old
Thanks Meter 19
What is that little black strip across the back of the TF700 ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prime-high-2012-01-105.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	922813  

junrider
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalev View Post
One of the fix the Prime desperately needing

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 3773
Quote:
Lets stop the old rehash of GPS crap
It's not "old" when you're comparing Asus tablets. Especially if it works on the others and not the Prime.

Quote:
those displays are so saturated and have very unnatural colors. They can keep that cartoon looking display... ...If super amoled display was so great it would've held that title right now.
Hmm. Asus would seem to disagree with you. The Atrix PenTile display on your phone would indicate you’re fairly forgiving when it comes to displays in general.

ASUS Padfone formally unveiled: 4.3-inch Super AMOLED display, Snapdragon S4 CPU, ICS, HSPA+, coming in April

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/27/a...led-display-s/

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Galaxy tab 7.7 isn't even out yet.....lol. nice try though
https://negrielectronics.com/samsung...nly-black.html

buxtahuda
Old
(Last edited by buxtahuda; 28th February 2012 at 12:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalev View Post
New charging technique similar to those little pads you can lay out?

*EDIT:

And looking at the Padfone, the tablet portion looks like the OG Transformers. Wonder if they'll get their own keyboard add on lol

3 BATTERIES!
T-Mobile G2 w/ Google (HTC Vision/Desire Z) - Rooted: EMaokpM6

ASUS Transformer Prime CG 64GB C1OKAS017xxx: Rooted & Boosted

W7Ux64 / Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Desktop:

COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper Black case
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W power supply
ASRock A75 PRO4 mobo
AMD A8-3850 APU
HIS Radeon HD 6770 graphics
16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM
5+ TB SATA storage

demandarin
Old
(Last edited by demandarin; 27th February 2012 at 11:58 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2044
Tablet display shootout quote from Displaymate.com. this was before prime arrived and Samsung display lost to Ipad 2 for listed reasons.

" While the iPad 2 display easily outperformed all of the previous Android Tablets, with the new Galaxy Tab 10.1, Samsung has delivered the first Android Tablet with an impressive, potentially outstanding display, but then ruined it by turning up the color level to obnoxious levels – apparently in an effort to overcompensate and blatantly standout from the other mobile LCD displays that have subdued color. But in the case of color, too little is a lot better than too much…"

Like i said, overly saturated colors. Overkill on display.

Just another F.Y.I. as Samsung is in third on this and Prime only tablet to receive EXCELLENT RATING...Article date Feb. 17th. 2012

PRIME ACTUAL HAS 160 DPI making it the most in a tablet so far. Hardware stats taken with elixir2

IPAD- 32GB WiFi ver. 4.2.1

Transformer Prime 32GB(Retired)

NEXUS 7 16gb Unlocked & Rooted JB 4.3 CleanRom 4.0 Faux Kernel

Galaxy Note 10.1 32gb- Hyperdrive Rom w/ Zeus kernel AMAZING!

Samsung Galaxy SIII - JB 4.1.2

Lg Optimus G Pro- new 1080P 5.5in. Display w/Snapdragon 600 Andreno 320

Microsoft Surface Pro 128gb. Full HD Display 1080P Windows 8 HD4000 Graphics Type Cover

Prime/Tegra3 Gamers Thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1409077

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe