Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Battery Charge Issue

OP tabutcher

27th February 2012, 01:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
hi everyone,

I have issues with charging the phone, it takes a seriously long time to charge the phone. When the battery was at 20% I plugged it in to charge overnight(8 hours) and it only charged to about 50-60%. I've tried plugging it into both the wall outlet and computer and still have the same result. Could the problem be the battery, charging cable or that it is running on a custom rom?

any help would be much appreciated thanks

kind regards
27th February 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Chicoutimi
Thanks Meter: 5

66 posts
More
Was the phone powered off ?
27th February 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 219

933 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabutcher

hi everyone,

I have issues with charging the phone, it takes a seriously long time to charge the phone. When the battery was at 20% I plugged it in to charge overnight(8 hours) and it only charged to about 50-60%. I've tried plugging it into both the wall outlet and computer and still have the same result. Could the problem be the battery, charging cable or that it is running on a custom rom?

any help would be much appreciated thanks

kind regards

How long have you had the phone? It depends how often the battery is charged and recharged. Try to wipe battery stats in the recovery or recalibration to see it helps. Or it could be the battery is no longer holding the charge. Time for a new battery.
Last edited by taodan; 27th February 2012 at 09:32 PM.
28th February 2012, 01:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamFr

Was the phone powered off ?

No the phone was on but should that effect the charge time that drastically?
28th February 2012, 01:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taodan

How long have you had the phone? It depends how often the battery is charged and recharged. Try to wipe battery stats in the recovery or recalibration to see it helps. Or it could be the battery is no longer holding the charge. Time for a new battery.

Only had the phone for a couple of days because its a second hand phone and like you suggested I've wiped the battery stats but that didn't solve the problem.

The phone does hold its charge so I'm concerned if I buy a new battery the problem would persist.

thanks for your suggestions

regards
28th February 2012, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
Flag Chicoutimi
Thanks Meter: 5

66 posts
More
Wink
Some Roms are battery hogger.
Sometimes, screen is working but not full light and you don't notice reloading.
Sometimes, battery loader is damaged and loads really slower.

My Rom is a battery hogger, and my Data cable is a bit damaged ^^ If I don't power off my phone, It won't load enough to be noticed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread