Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,472 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] Developer-related discussion for EVO View 4G

Tip us?

wyldkard
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by maff1989 View Post
I can vouch for this; using any Flyer ROM with the View kernel that matches the version of Android (i.e. GB or HC) WILL work on the View. Namely, LeeDroid's GB ROM with the OC View GB kernel. Although, using the Flyer kernel will cause a bootloop :\

The only thing we are missing out on is an optimized kernel. We wouldn't even need Flyer ports with a "proper" View kernel
So would LeeDroids HC Flyer Rom work on the the View?

Sent from my HTC EVO View using XDA on viperROM
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3
SlimKat 2.5
dkp kernel
TWRP 2.6.3.1

Nexus 7 (2012)
AOKP
Kernel: franco.r77

jmz
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldkard View Post
So would LeeDroids HC Flyer Rom work on the the View?

Sent from my HTC EVO View using XDA on viperROM
No it won't. Kernel won't boot for one. I don't think I have tried putting EVO view kernel on it. But I still highly doubt it would boot.

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA Premium App
If you like my work feel free to donate
Follow me on Twitter

jmz
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,253

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan1987 View Post
I thought it sounded good on the E3D...(?)

@jmztaylor As for the kernel, would you be interested in working with my team to get the stock one working on cypherROM? Daniels7 (leedroid tweaks) gave me permission to port his tweaks over to my rom, but I need a kernel port of the leedroid kernel or something to that effect (I'd like to build our own). I don't know enough about kernels to do it myself and unixdood hasn't had any luck building one. Everytime I try to cook it in, or even make it flashable it causes bootloop. PM me if you do or if you'd like to work on anything else (including teaching me lol). Thanks!
I have tried taking flyer kernel and porting it to the view but I can't get it to finish compiling. Even after fixing the missing stuff I still was getting a lot of errors. So I put it on the back burner. I got too many projects going on. HTC policy officially is 90-120 days to release kernel source. So we are almost there. LOL

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA Premium App
If you like my work feel free to donate
Follow me on Twitter

spartan1987
Old
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
@HTCflyerX What happened?

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA Premium HD app

Phone: Galaxy Note II (CypherROM-N2-Alpha-14)
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 8GB (CM10)
Watch: Motorola MotoACTV(Stock/Rooted)

Try out my ROM: CypherROM for HTC Evo View 4G

HTCFlyerX
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Spartan.....hold your horses LOL....I've got to port the beats sound effect into our htcmusic app first....once that's finished ill be releasing the first Beats ROM for the View

spartan1987
Old
Thanks Meter 184

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCFlyerX View Post
Spartan.....hold your horses LOL....I've got to port the beats sound effect into our htcmusic app first....once that's finished ill be releasing the first Beats ROM for the View
*tear* all that anticipation...gone...

jk

Phone: Galaxy Note II (CypherROM-N2-Alpha-14)
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 8GB (CM10)
Watch: Motorola MotoACTV(Stock/Rooted)

Try out my ROM: CypherROM for HTC Evo View 4G

kaijura
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,816
Default Got some good news from tiamat

Sent tiamat a message, got a reply back. There is hope for us, but we need people to jumpstart and kick development back into the Evo View. So, testers needed on irc...

Quote:
Hey there, your kernels have been a hit with the vivo on the latest ICS rom we have, we built over the IceColdSandwich LorD ClockaN has been working on for the ace.

I was wondering, if you would ever take the time to look into making a few extra kernels for a few spots where development is really sore.

It's with the HTC Flyer / EVO View 4G tablets, as since we don't have any AOSP kernels, no unofficial CyanogenMod with us too.

The chipsets of those tablets uses the same one as other devices.. I don't think the Flyer has a popular chipset (MSM8255T) but the View uses the mecha's MSM8655 only to be clocked at 1.5Ghz instead of 1.0.

If it's not too much to ask, we could really use your help.
Quote:
The only thing that has been holding me back from working on kernels for the Evo View 4G / Flyer is a lack of testers. the difference in the two processor numbers is not actually related to the processor. The 2 indicates GSM basebands whereas the 6 indicates CDMA bands. I imagine the WiFi-only Flyer is numbered 8055. In any case, to further confuse the numbering/naming scheme here, this chipset is usually referred to as the 7x30 platform. The Thunderbolt, Desire HD, Desire Z, Desire S, Incredible 2, Inredible S, Evo Shift, MyTouch 4G, View/Flyer, Bliss, Merge, Sensation XL, Rhyme, the upcoming One V, and some more I'm missing all use the same platform and should theoretically be easy to merge into my existing code. I only support the first 8, but if I had testers on any of the others, I'd be happy to add them in. The catch there is that I can't make the ROMs for it.

Send me an email or find me on IRC and we can talk more about it.
Code:
Mako E960 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official - Maguro SC-04D 4.3 JLS36G - OmniROM Unofficial - Maguro i9250M 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Homemade - Razor 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official - Grouper 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official

killahrey
Old
Thanks Meter 73

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijura View Post
Sent tiamat a message, got a reply back. There is hope for us, but we need people to jumpstart and kick development back into the Evo View. So, testers needed on irc...
Willing tester here! I'm off tomorrow and have no problem staying up late!

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium
ENTER THE NEXUS

freak4dell
Old
Thanks Meter 199
I'd be willing to test. Not tonight, as my View is out of juice right now, but in the future I'd be happy to try and test out stuff. Just tell me where to go.

kaijura
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,816
tiamat is on IRC, find him on irc.freenode.net channel room #tiamat

His handle is cayniarb, but probably isn't hard to find and people in the room will help out.
Code:
Mako E960 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official - Maguro SC-04D 4.3 JLS36G - OmniROM Unofficial - Maguro i9250M 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Homemade - Razor 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official - Grouper 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official