Post Reply

[ICS] CM9.1 Android 4.0.4 for the Defy - now with 2ndboot kernels

24th February 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #2991  
Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 63
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More


hm...
I love MS2ginger, but CM9 is better, snapshot it's from my regular use and battery's life so good
25th February 2012, 05:03 AM   |  #2992  
MazaMoto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixSforever



hm...
I love MS2ginger, but CM9 is better, snapshot it's from my regular use and battery's life so good

Wow.. 3 & half days with wifi use is really impressive stuff. Which defy you have? Red lens/ green lens?

Btw, one question eppy:
If I don't care about the warranty any more, can I flash gb kernel or a stock gb sbf on my red lens defy?

By doing so will it support proper ICS build on it which supports HWA, better 3D gfx & updated open gl drivers? I understand from your earlier posts that it won't allow downgrade, but if ICS is good, I may not care about downgrade.

Sorry If I missed anything here..


Sent from my MB525 using XDA App
Last edited by MazaMoto; 25th February 2012 at 05:11 AM.
25th February 2012, 07:57 AM   |  #2993  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazaMoto

Btw, one question eppy:
If I don't care about the warranty any more, can I flash gb kernel or a stock gb sbf on my red lens defy?

You don't need to flash the whole sbf. Somewhere in this thread is a gingerbread kernel zip which can be flashed without loosing downgrade ability. However you don't need the gingerbread kernel because there are no builds for it. So better stick with froyo kernel for now.

Edit: the kernel zips can be found here http://defy.wdscript.fr/kernel/
25th February 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #2994  
Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 63
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazaMoto

Wow.. 3 & half days with wifi use is really impressive stuff. Which defy you have? Red lens/ green lens?

green lens
25th February 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #2995  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edephant

Hi,

i am refering to the rom in the following thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1353003

I have a defy+ and wanted to install cm9 on it.
First i flashed the chinese rom mentioned in a post a
few days ago. then i installed cm9 from 24. february.
Now i have 2 Problems.
1.Wifi does not work -> authentication problem.(i think its a known problem)

2. i cannot mount the device as usb storage device
on my pc.

i am not able to write in the thread, so i have to ask somebody.

The user edephant asked that in a pm.
27th February 2012, 03:12 AM   |  #2996  
MazaMoto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEman

You don't need to flash the whole sbf. Somewhere in this thread is a gingerbread kernel zip which can be flashed without loosing downgrade ability. However you don't need the gingerbread kernel because there are no builds for it. So better stick with froyo kernel for now.

Edit: the kernel zips can be found here http://defy.wdscript.fr/kernel/

Ohh. Thanks.
Will try after the stable ICS build comes out..

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App
27th February 2012, 12:47 PM   |  #2997  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
hope the defy will get better 3D performance
it was a disaster when i played gta
27th February 2012, 09:12 PM   |  #2998  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
206 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okamaokama

hope the defy will get better 3D performance
it was a disaster when i played gta

If we get full hardware acceleration, it might get better performance.
27th February 2012, 11:49 PM   |  #2999  
Rhajam's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
little question
This week I'll buy a Defy+, surely I'll use this rom but I don't know if I need only CM9 nightly version or maybe Jordan Kernel too (they're all into the same directory).
Thanks a lot
28th February 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #3000  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
EP3, can we expect the further development of cm9 build with gb kernel?
I am a red lens defy owner, but I still look forward to it, coz gb kernel is far better for me, such as sd card performance ;)

Sent from my MB526 using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
another senseless tag., aosp, cm9, defy, defycecream, epsylon rocks motorola sucks, epsylon3, epsylon3 + quarx = chuck norris, epsylon3 norris kick's motorolas faces!, hello ics //*__* \\ f*** you moto, ice cream sandwich, ics, ics rom, jordan, kontneuken, motorola, nuclear development, olala olala, problem motorola?, quarx, quarx and epsylon3 did it again !, sesuatu banget yah, walter, warning: too much ics causes brain freeze, whoa o__o
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Defy Android Development by ThreadRank