5,594,221 Members 45,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trade Infuse for HTC Inspire?

Tip us?

DangKid
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Brother had an inspire before i got the infuse. I find the inspire to be thicker and heavier than the infuse. Those are big problems with me especially when the infuse runs with a bigger screen and battery. Plus once you go super amoled you just cant go back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

trdsnow
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Between the infuse and inspire, I'd take the Infuse just because its thinner and has a better screen.

I wish HTC came out with a thinner phone. Of all the factory UI's, I enjoy HTC's the most.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

JerseyScottie
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
before coming to the infuse i had the htc inspire..the infuse is DEFINITELY a step up in my opinion. A lot of bugs on the inspire including issues that many were finding, as well as myself, that when you used the flash on the camera the phone would restart itself.

Erik_T
Old
Thanks Meter 408
1300 mAh vs. 1750mAh.. enough said for me.

secretasianman
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I still have my Inspire. DO NOT TRADE FOR AN INSPIRE.

1) Screen sucks.. Seriously all washed out.
2) Lack of codec support. Playback of MKVs sucked even with other players.
3) Stupid useless unibody design makes it heavy and impossible to replace the 1280mAh battery with a higher capacity one.
4) No internal storage.
5) The camera sucks.... Ok maybe it's not the camera but instead the software. Videos and pics are compressed much more than the Infuse. Oh... The lens sticks out like a nipple. WTF HTC?
6) No HDMI-out if that matters to you.

6 cons off the top of my head. HTC really dropped the ball with the Inspire. Dumbasses.
The Following User Says Thank You to secretasianman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brorex
Old
Thanks Meter 180
I've had the infuse for quite sometime and picked up a inspire a while back on Craigslist and have to admit I haven't really used the infuse since. I'm running ice cold sandwich on my inspire and its smooth and fast. but really its ones personal preference but myself I like the inspire but they are both great phones with great roms to use get both and switch back and forth

Sent from HTC Inspire Ice Cold Sandwich 4.0.3
AT&T Samsung i747 Frosty's JB
Verizon Galaxy Nexus Mmuzzy's JB 4.2
Samsung Nexus S
HP Touchpad Classic Nerd
Moto Xoom

If someone has helped in anyway hit thier thanks button

jvanlew
Old
(Last edited by jvanlew; 28th February 2012 at 04:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdsnow View Post
I wish HTC came out with a thinner phone. Of all the factory UI's, I enjoy HTC's the most.
Totally off-topic but... here's one.
Current: Nexus 4 16GB | Galaxy Nexus 16GB
Tablets: Nexus 7 16GB | Microsoft Surface RT 32GB
Previous (sold): HTC One X+ | Nokia Lumia 920 | Nokia Lumia 900 | Nexus S I9020A | Galaxy S II I-777 | Infuse 4G I-997 | Nexus One

koriotto
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Man i got both phones and DO NOT trade the beautiful infuse for the Inspire 4G i repeat DO NOT trade!.

The build of the Inspire "feels" kinnda better being heavier and having a nice design but BELIEVE ME that 1230 mAh batery does down FAST, the camera does not compare to the Infuse camera, and the screen quality on the Infuse is just not reached by the Inspire.
They are both GOOD phones, thats why i bought em both but I you can only have one, keep the Infuse ALWAYS.
Dont forget to thank if I have helped you, I will thank you when you help me

G_T
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default Don't do ittt!

I just traded my old Inspire for an Infuse about two weeks ago. Let me tell you that it is one of the better choices I've made! I would stick with the Infuse for the screen alone, the Super AMOLED screen is beautiful! Probably the easiest screen to read in daylight that I've ever seen. Apart from that, the processor (at stock speeds) is faster and I also find the camera to be better on the Infuse (software maybe? Cause aren't the cameras the same?)

dman3285
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 8082

DONATE TO ME
My inspire is running Abcession by the collective ICS 4.0.3 and it makes my infuse look sad... apparently you don't know how to set that inspire up... its a beast. Able of OC to 2.1 ghz on ics... its a beast...period

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium