Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MODPACK] [4/05] SUPREME Mods v1.5 [Faster UI, WiFi, and Longer Battery]

Tip us?

rohan32
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5036

DONATE TO ME
Updated OP with v1.1!
Changes the following:

-increased quality of photos and videos
-added initial dalvik heapsize for better start up
-added comments so that you guys can edit the file better if you want

I've deemed that the init.d tweaks will take a bit longer than I expected, they made my system very unstable when I tried them out. They should come by the end of the week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rohan32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr.Quipster
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan32 View Post
Hi guys, sorry, just got back from school. I've answered some of your questions below.
Also, just wanted to say that tonight I will be adding a whole boatload of improvements via the init.d file. I worked on it at school today for a little bit at lunch and it should bring a whole host of speed improvements and smoother aspects to CM.

@Mr.Quipster Yes, this also affects the web pages. It increases the screen's refresh rate when scrolling, thus allowing a "smoother" experience.

@ruthienu I've changed it so that StageFright, the media streaming tool in Android 2.2+ scans meta tags, as well as HTTP filesystems for media. It doesn't hurt to have these lines in there if you aren't using media streaming. It also doesn't interfere with anything else. If you want to delete it, flash the zip and delete lines 101-104 [the ones starting with media.stagefright(...)]

@webdroidmt Nope, this disables something called CheckJNI. It basically scans the system every now and then for things such as invalid variables and arrays, bad buffers, and some UTF-8 errrors. None of the errors it catches are system-threatening and disabling it frees up a substantial amount of RAM. If you do not want this to be enabled as a feature then simply flash the zip, then edit your build.prop and delete the line "ro.kernel.android.checkjni=0". And thanks for the suggestion, added a warning
First, Thank you very much for compiling all these wonderful tweaks. A wonderful treat for the TP community!!
Second, I have noticed a big difference with Web browsing and Home screen scrolling. The studder has decrease substantially. It's silky smooth almost*. >.< Excellent work.
The speed that the Web Browser takes to load pages has definitively improved. That very annoying pause before it finishes is almost absent most of the time. I think you guys know what I'm talking about That green loading bar that pauses at like 85%..lol. Yeah.
And lastly, Thank you again bud. I look forward to more of your work here in our community. I definitely RECOMMEND this mod/Tweak to other users. You cannot go wrong with this one!!
I rate this an uber 10 0f 10!!!! lol.

warunamail
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
First thanks for these nice mods.
I want to know if I just change build.prop as u'r one using text editor in root explorer still can I get the same effect. I using CN and DPI 132. Market just working fine for me so I don't want to mess up with market again.

rohan32
Old
Thanks Meter 5036

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by warunamail View Post
First thanks for these nice mods.
I want to know if I just change build.prop as u'r one using text editor in root explorer still can I get the same effect. I using CN and DPI 132. Market just working fine for me so I don't want to mess up with market again.
Yup, you can apply the mods like this:
1. Open the Pastebin Link in the OP
2. Open your current build.prop in Root Explorer's Text Editor
3. Copy the "RAW Paste Data" from Pastebin (text box is at the end of the page and labled)
4. Delete all the text in the current build.prop in Root Explorer
5. Paste in the text from Pastebin
6. Find the line that starts with "ro.sf.lcd_density" (first line after "Additional Build Properties")
7. Change that value from 120 to whatever you want your DPI to be (in your case, 132)
8. Save file (Root Explorer will also make a backup of your original build.prop)
9. Reboot and Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to rohan32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

warunamail
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan32 View Post
Yup, you can apply the mods like this:
1. Open the Pastebin Link in the OP
2. Open your current build.prop in Root Explorer's Text Editor
3. Copy the "RAW Paste Data" from Pastebin (text box is at the end of the page and labled)
4. Delete all the text in the current build.prop in Root Explorer
5. Paste in the text from Pastebin
6. Find the line that starts with "ro.sf.lcd_density" (first line after "Additional Build Properties")
7. Change that value from 120 to whatever you want your DPI to be (in your case, 132)
8. Save file (Root Explorer will also make a backup of your original build.prop)
9. Reboot and Enjoy!
Thanks, I'll try this.

rohan32
Old
(Last edited by rohan32; 28th February 2012 at 02:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5036

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by warunamail View Post
Thanks, I'll try this.
If that doesn't work, then try using your original build.prop from CN after a restore and editing it manually according to this member's instructions over at rootzwiki:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/19405-mod...ost__p__511655

Thanks for testing this! I have'nt tried using CN yet, or for that matter, any ROM besides CM
Oh also FYI your settings page will completely off if you use the zip, it will show you are running CM9 with Alpha 2, etc. So just be wary of that.
It might be smarter for you to just do it manually, even though it is a bit more work

rohan32
Old
Thanks Meter 5036

DONATE TO ME
Also, I just uploaded a 160 DPI .zip in the OP!

PuffinNugz
Old
Thanks Meter 201
This pretty much killed my wifi. It was working fine but after flashing, i can't connect. Any ideas before I go back to my backup?

Thanks

rohan32
Old
Thanks Meter 5036

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinNugz View Post
This pretty much killed my wifi. It was working fine but after flashing, i can't connect. Any ideas before I go back to my backup?

Thanks
Thats odd, thanks for reporting.
For now try deleting the entire portion near the bottom that starts with "net(...)". Reboot and try again! Thanks again!

ioz9
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
you are very good!