Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 46,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCONTINUED] CM9/ICS Nightly Builds

Tip us?

Yoinx
Old
(Last edited by Yoinx; 28th February 2012 at 12:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 46
@leapinlar:

The two files he includes in his rar are most likely the V6 script (in the rar) and the modified services.jar baked into the rom zip. The v6 script edits the build.prop file when it is ran.

*Edit*
I'm not trying to belittle what he's doing or anything. But only 4 or 5 lines need to be edited within the services.jar file when it's built. Sam was saying that he could just bake these into his nightlies (I don't think they affect anything if you don't run the script from how I understood the directions from zep). It may be more practical to do it like this, so that there's not an extra flavor of unofficial nightlies floating around to confuse people more.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoinx View Post
@leapinlar:
Sam was saying that he could just bake these into his nightlies (I don't think they affect anything if you don't run the script from how I understood the directions from zep). It may be more practical to do it like this, so that there's not an extra flavor of unofficial nightlies floating around to confuse people more.
I don't think Sam was suggesting that he bake another nightly with this stuff built in. What he was suggesting was an install zip like I was talking about that he could host on his server so it was available for users to flash if they wanted. But since the services.jar needs to be updated periodically as CM9 evolves, I'm not sure that will work.
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here

Yoinx
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
I don't think Sam was suggesting that he bake another nightly with this stuff built in. What he was suggesting was an install zip like I was talking about that he could host on his server so it was available for users to flash if they wanted. But since the services.jar needs to be updated periodically as CM9 evolves, I'm not sure that will work.
Yeah, sorry I went back and re-read his post. I thought he was talking about baking it in... I was mistaken, I had read that post late last night while I was trying to figure out why I was getting a USB Device error after using an older services.jar file.

If I knew how to make update zips, I would start putting one up for the file... It only takes a few moments to mod.

Any chance there's a tutorial on making update zips somewhere?

leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 28th February 2012 at 12:51 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Any chance there's a tutorial on making update zips somewhere?
Look back a few posts. I explain it. Look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23038344

And the post you quoted a few minutes ago. Between those two posts you should be able to make a jim-dandy install zip that puts new files on system and modifies build.prop.

grayfoxmg1
Old
Thanks Meter 508

DONATE TO ME
I thought about just grabbing all the files edited when I ran V6 and putting them in my zip, but than people would be running my options of V6. One of the main points behind V6 is that you can choose your settings. Me just making it all go in one shot, kind of defeats the purpose. Why would zepplinrox, create this whole thing, if he could just make a zip and be done with it. My zip replaces the service.jar, and adds tnpapadakos' boot animation over the ICS one. You can get the script from mine or mateorod's posts, everything else is up to the user. It isn't hard to do, and it makes a noticeable deference.
Current Devices:
Nook Color:

HTC One X (AT&T):

Did you know that Team Venom has their own forum? CHECK IT OUT

Yoinx
Old
(Last edited by Yoinx; 28th February 2012 at 04:10 AM.) Reason: Forgot to give linkback for credit.
Thanks Meter 46
grayfoxmg1, the zips you're uploading are full rom repacks.

What everyone's talking about is just doing update zips, so that there aren't extra rom packs going around for 1 or 2 tweaks. The one you're posting up is a full update file. Not really a big deal... just causes there to be extra releases of the same nightly without much added to it. Doing this as an update zip, it could realistically be applied to all nightlies until the services.jar file is modified during a build... Just kinda makes life easier.

I've gone ahead and made an update zip for just the V6 services. I put the current script file inside as well, so that users will have the same script that the modifications go to within the zip.

@leapinlar, thanks for the tip. I had already gotten most of the way figuring out how to create the update by the time I read your post. First time doing it, I was a bit worried about permissions on the file itself though... Figured I would have to set the permissions on it.

This is simply a flashable update zip based on zepplirocks's guide. All credit goes to him for his hard work. It includes a readme and his script. Make sure to extract the script and run it after applying the patch. The services.jar used was from 27feb2012 nightlies, it may cause errors on newer nightlies.

I've tested the file and had no issues with it.

Zep's post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

Oh, I just noticed that your zips were 12.x megs not 12x megs... sorry grayfoxmg1... Totally a misreading on my part.

tnpapadakos
Old
Thanks Meter 1023

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibilln View Post
Ah doan see anything that looks like a 2/27/2012 build at the link. I'd d/l'd the 2/25 build from the 2/26 link ( :) ) yesterday... I must be not understanding your msg. Much I don't understand of course.[COLOR="Silver"]
talking about this one
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	922949  

leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 28th February 2012 at 02:07 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@leapinlar, thanks for the tip. I had already gotten most of the way figuring out how to create the update by the time I read your post. First time doing it, I was a bit worried about permissions on the file itself though... Figured I would have to set the permissions on it.
If you add this text below to your updater-script in the zip and move the script to /tmp/scripts, it will run the script as part of the flash. Change the name of the .sh file to match yours.

ui_print("Running v6 supercharger...");
package_extract_dir("tmp/scripts", "/tmp/scripts");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/scripts/V6_SuperCharger.sh")
run_program("/tmp/scripts/V6_SuperCharger.sh");

I don't know if the v6 script runs well under a flash, but try it.

Don't worry about permissions in an install zip. (Or on the install zip itself). They get set right on flashing.

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk

Yoinx
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
If you add this text below to your updater-script in the zip and move the script to /tmp/scripts, it will run the script as part of the flash. Change the name of the .sh file to match yours.

ui_print("Running v6 supercharger...");
package_extract_dir("tmp/scripts", "/tmp/scripts");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/scripts/V6_SuperCharger.sh")
run_program("/tmp/scripts/V6_SuperCharger.sh");

I don't know if the v6 script runs well under a flash, but try it.

Don't worry about permissions in an install zip. They get set right on flashing.

Yeah leapinlar, I was tempted to try and do that... but the V6 script as written requires user interaction to choose settings and such. AFAIK, CWM doesn't have any method for accepting input from the user to accomplish this (ie: keyboard).

Unfortunately, I must have been mistaken about gray's packages... They are updates, not full packs.

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3530

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpapadakos View Post
talking about this one
Some of the confusion between Sam's nightlies and Eyeballers's is they have different dates for the same build. Sam's are dated the night they are built and Eyeballer's are dated the next morning (after midnight). So the same build for Sam might be 2-27 and Eyeballer 2-28.

Tags
cm9, ics, nookcolor