Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM][IML74K] ICZen rc1.4 - Royale with Cheese - 3-24-12 [Deficient Development]

OP Br1cK'd

28th February 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #901  
Flag Dog House
Thanks Meter: 803

679 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurtz777

Br!cked are you saying that glitch is the only ICS kernel that will mount and install apps on datadata on initial flash of the rom? If I choose to slipstream Devil kernel or any other ICS kernel in to the RC1 rom zip will it not mount and properly install in to datadata, but instead use the slower data\data partition. At that point would I need to flash MP's datadata script right after flashing rom zip in the same cwm session in order to use datadata instead?

Yes. That is what he's saying. If you slipstream a different kernel, then you will need to manually run the data fix at some point to get to /datadata un-lagginess.

You will probably need to let the phone boot once before running the data fix, unless you have another addon cwm zip that creates some things in /data. I made myself a basic addon package that has things like TB, JuiceDefender, etc.

So, I can, for example, simply install a custom slipstreamed rom, then basica addon, then data fix, and I'm golden.

MP
The Following User Says Thank You to mr_psycho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2012, 02:11 AM   |  #902  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 1,877

2,375 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Br!cked are you saying that glitch is the only ICS kernel that will mount and install apps on datadata on initial flash of the rom? If I choose to slipstream Devil kernel or any other ICS kernel in to the RC1 rom zip will it not mount and properly install in to datadata, but instead use the slower data\data partition. At that point would I need to flash MP's datadata script right after flashing rom zip in the same cwm session in order to use datadata instead?

^^^What he said ^^^

With MP's Devil kernel builds or Platypus, you will mount as /data/data when the rom is flashed. The kernel that AOKP comes with is a very slimmed down version of the CM9 kernel, and it mounts as /datadata as well. I opted for Icy Glitch because of the additional features it has out of the box, and its a pretty damn sweet kernel. Of course anyone can run whatever they want, which is pretty much Icy Glitch, Platypus, or MPs unofficial Devil kernel, but I would recommend flashing them after your first reboot of ICZen.

In the meantime, MP is patiently helping me get my Linux environment setup, so I can try my hand at some custom kernel action.
Last edited by Br1cK'd; 28th February 2012 at 02:13 AM.
28th February 2012, 02:53 AM   |  #903  
Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks Meter: 545

995 posts
Does Nelson's Kissed v2.2 kernel mount as datadata on initial install like glitch and stock aokp kernel?
28th February 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #904  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Colorado

2,375 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Does Nelson's Kissed v2.2 kernel mount as datadata on initial install like glitch and stock aokp kernel?

I didn't try that one

EDIT

I might see how it mounts
Last edited by Br1cK'd; 28th February 2012 at 03:10 AM.
28th February 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #905  
Oklahoma City, OK
Thanks Meter: 545

995 posts
How can you tell how the kernel mounts? Do you just look either in datadata or data\data after flash and see where the apps are at?
28th February 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #906  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Colorado

2,375 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

How can you tell how the kernel mounts? Do you just look either in datadata or data\data after flash and see where the apps are at?

Yep for now. MP found some strings that were leading towards it the other day, Im still getting up to speed on the kernel side of things.

Sent from my ICS'd Vibrant, melting all over XDA Premium
28th February 2012, 05:24 AM   |  #907  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 7

123 posts
More
I'm loving it *mcdonalds commercial impersonation* ok now to a bug I'm having is that when I'm txting, sometimes what I type doesn't show up as if I'm not typing. I have to press back nd go back to txt for it to work, sure nothing serious but it is annoying

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
28th February 2012, 05:44 AM   |  #908  
Thanks Meter: 9

95 posts
This text bug has been around for me since MIUI. I use the flexT9 keyboard.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
28th February 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #909  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Colorado

2,375 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'll try a different ICS keyboard next time around.
28th February 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #910  
Flag Richardson, Tx
Thanks Meter: 551

1,514 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1cK'd

I'll try a different ICS keyboard next time around.

i use swiftkey x and i experience the bug every once in a while not a big deal tho only takes an extra 1/2 second to create a message.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread