Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good bluetooth headphones?

Tip us?

Erik_T
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevethegreat View Post
OK, so I'm watching a movie -through Infuse- via the HDMI port and I'm receiving a call (on Infuse)
Would I be able to take the call and leave the rest of the family enjoying the movie?

I'm asking this because in theory Android can/could drive two different sound (one through HDMI, another through my bluetooth headset/handsfree for calls), but is this possible IN PRACTICE?

Has anyone tried that?
I'm sorry for the question, but I do not own a BT headset and depending on the answer to the above I will decide on buying it/that. I have no qualms installing custom roms if need be...
I know that you can't go take a picture that it was in picture mode... if you're really watching a family movie on your phone and you get a call, then I would recommend using your wife's phone..lol. I doubt that it would work..

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

mixlex
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default bluetooth headphones

I have the jaybird JP3MB bluetooth headphones. I think they are superb. I can tell you when listening to music taking a call will pause the music and it resumes upon hangup. I would think movies might do the same thing.

djfourmoney
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Not In-ear but over the ear...

I have the Arctic P311 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones, paid $34 for them locally (via Amazon). They sound great flat and even better with some EQ. I would like to see/hear the difference between them and these other seemingly overpriced Bluetooth headphones.

I was going to purchase the Nokia BT headphones but saw these and at $34 what risk is there???

Not disappointed at all!

Sure they might not sound as great as ones plugged directly into the phone, but they don't sound bad at all and more than acceptable especially with all the stuff I've heard about Bluetooth SQ.

I originally bought these for my Pantech Link which has no phone output. You can buy a special connector that goes into where you make the connection to charge the phone and for data connection as well.

triq6
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I highly recommend the Plantronics Backbeat 903+. I've had them for a few months, and use them whenever working out. The call/mic quality is pretty good, as is the music/speaker quality. My only complaint would be that it's a little flat on the bass end; other than that, I really like them.

My friend tried them out once, and bought a pair the same day. His, however, stopped working after a couple runs on the treadmill. He thinks it's because he sweats a lot and they got wet. Plantronics replaced them free of charge and he never had the same issue again.

There are actually a newer version of them out now, called the Backbeat Go. I haven't tried them, so I have no idea how they sound or feel. They seem like they'd be more comfortable to wear, especially when running or working out.

Gtridr
Old
Thanks Meter 11
i can vouch for the first reply; i got a pair of jaybird jf3's and they work amazingly well. pricey, but worth it

parole-infuse
Old
(Last edited by parole-infuse; 24th July 2012 at 03:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Sony Ericsson MW-600 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones with FM radio

I have the Sony Ericsson MW-600 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones

Stereo Bluetooth® Capability : A2DP, AVRCP
Digital Signal Processing (DSP) : YES
Headphone Type : 3.5mm headphone connector with high quality ear buds
Auto Pairing : YES
FM Radio : Built-in FM Radio with RDS radio station information (can control the station from the headset)
Multipoint : YES (connects up to 3 devices)
Color : Argentum Black
Compatibiity : For use with devices incorporating Bluetooth Headset or Handsfree profiles.
Battery Life (Approx) : Talk time: up to 8.5 hours2, Standby time: up to 600 hours2
Easy redialing : Yes
Battery Life : YES
Caller ID : YES (name3 & phone number)
Others : Time, local FM radio, pairing info
Track ID : YES
Bluetooth® Technology : Range: up to 10 meters from your phone, Bluetooth® 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) technology
3.5mm Audio Jack : YES
Dimensions (Approx.) : 62mm x 15mm x 17.5mm (including clip)
Weight (Approx.) : 13g
The Following User Says Thank You to parole-infuse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]