Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How Strong Is The HTC Evo 4G Screen?

Tip us?

muahhShay
Old
(Last edited by muahhShay; 20th January 2012 at 03:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Not stronger than concrete found that out the hard way one day when I was being smartass to my bestie on an unprotected/no case day while trying to pump gas and text lmfao.. but I had a screen protector.. phone still worked cause I guess it was held into place..

But its apparently strong enough to handle an iPhone4 coming at it full force.. lmfao pissed my bestie off playing with my phone and she attacked me.. the only thing damaged was the "durable" screen protector.. I now have no screen protector.. been without 2weeks.. although I have an issue with fingerprints (irks me constantly wiping) on the screen I have yet to get it scratched up.. keys in my pocket and etc.. *knocks on wood* don't wana jinx myself now..

sent from my HTC Evo 4g using tapatalk

nunk74
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I heard first edition evos did not have gorilla glass but the later ones do.
My fiance and I both have first editions without screen protectors been running them without protectors for over 6 months still scratch free and she keeps hers in her purse with keys and change.

cactusone
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I still have my "launch day" Evo 4g with no problems..

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

I forgot to mention that the Seidio Extended Rugged Case and screen protector was a big factor of the survival of my Evo...I have 2 boys..3 and 7 that love to play Angry Birds.

guitar jesus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'd like to think that Sprint would have advertised the EVO 4g as having Gorilla Glass. That's a major selling point. I'm curious if revisions after initial release got it because they had complaints about screen durability.
The Following User Says Thank You to guitar jesus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jmzmanito
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Screen protectors work, however, they are not 100% guaranteed to stop scratching or breaking. People think screen protectors make your phone bullet proof. This is not the case.

I currently have an E4GT. My wife and two teenage kids all have the EVO 4g. I've gone through 1 broken screen & 1 severally scratched screen. The only one without problems is the one that never had a screen protector. My point is just try and be as careful as possible with your phone & it will last. I also understand that accidents happen and that's why we have ebay & craigslist to buy spare parts.

jmzmanito
E4GT

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-
Old
Thanks Meter 3494

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar jesus View Post
I'd like to think that Sprint would have advertised the EVO 4g as having Gorilla Glass. That's a major selling point. I'm curious if revisions after initial release got it because they had complaints about screen durability.
I have the atmel screen with a gorilla glass digitizer, last week I dropped it face down on the concrete and proceeded to kick it down a flight of concrete stairs(it fell mid stride right in the line of fire) it bounced all the way down face first and landed on the corner of a concrete paver across the sidewalk from the bottom of the stairs, I thought "sh!t time to hit up eBay for a screen", when i picked it up and dusted it off the only thing wrong was a tiny scratch on the bottom.corner of the housing that all but vanished after I wiped it with a wet rag, and it was completely naked no case no screen protector nada

We are legion, for we are many.

Monkeyforce
Old
Thanks Meter 0
From my experience the Digitizer(Touchscreen) is Durable, and tested it on a broken screen from an EVO I fixed. Ran a serrated blade and a razor blade, no scratch's at all.
I use a Otterbox case, not to protect the phone but to lessen the impact(#1 Killer of Digitizers in my family) on the screen when I drop it, like I do everyday.
Sidenote: I order my screens at Amazon, great prices.

jlsigman83@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I heard the phantom USA very nice full body clear phone protecter.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

jdjanka
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm still rocking the original EVO 4G with no protector (almost a year and a half) with very minimal wear. Granted I'm not hard on my phones (I don't keep my keys or anything else that could cause damage in the same pocket as my phone) and I've only dropped it a handful of times. I've never liked any screen protectors I've used so I guess I'm a bit biased, but I just don't see the benefit as long as you're somewhat careful.

roxicodine
Old
Thanks Meter 23
is there a way to get a better, clearer htc screen?