MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] broken screen

OP troyolson92

25th February 2012, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64

610 posts
More
I dropped epic in parking lot and it shattered the screen. Bad day. So if anyone is selling one please let me know. I'd even take a bricked one. I just need a working screen. at this point I don't think it's worth it to use an upgrade on a epic 2.
25th February 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

610 posts
More
i will be selling mine with broken screen and odined back to stock for $75 and my wife's which is on CM7 Nightly 45 for $200. I will give extra batteries (x2) and battery charger and a couple cheap plastic hard cases, screen protectors to anyone who buys both for $250.
25th February 2012, 04:05 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 8

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyolson92

I dropped epic in parking lot and it shattered the screen. Bad day. So if anyone is selling one please let me know. I'd even take a bricked one. I just need a working screen. at this point I don't think it's worth it to use an upgrade on a epic 2.

Walk in to Sprint repair center. For 35 dollars you get a new screen. Some peeps with no insurance have gotten it too. Just try and come back and thank me.
25th February 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 474

934 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastricpenguin

Walk in to Sprint repair center. For 35 dollars you get a new screen. Some peeps with no insurance have gotten it too. Just try and come back and thank me.

Just did again today. Told me I need to replace it under insurance. 3 different repair centers. Same result.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
25th February 2012, 03:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag Colonial Heights,VA
Thanks Meter: 1,088

2,706 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyEpic

Just did again today. Told me I need to replace it under insurance. 3 different repair centers. Same result.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Key word in this is "again". I would assume they would only replace a screen once.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
25th February 2012, 04:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

610 posts
More
I called repair shops even searched online to replace the screen myself. Cost is $125 cheapest just for the screen. repair center told me to buy new phone. I'm on my to att to scope them out....
26th February 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 474

934 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedin07si

Key word in this is "again". I would assume they would only replace a screen once.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Keyword is 'again' as in went to multiple stores with failed results. I've never repaired, fixed, or replaced my Epic. Its an original from Sprint two weeks after release.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
28th February 2012, 12:49 AM   |  #8  
Earth
Thanks Meter: 431

1,672 posts
More
I had one Epic they replaced for free with some small cracks in the screen. Second one dropped and hit face down on concrete, I had to pay $100 to get a new one to replace that, that was with insurance.
28th February 2012, 05:04 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 481

739 posts
A while ago there was a discussion about screen replacements under TEP. Don't remember exact details but they would only replace for less than "x" inches scratch and fewer than "x" scratches which don't touch the edges..etc etc.

Shattered screen is not a manufacturing defect or normal wear and tear so insurance deductible makes sense.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
29th February 2012, 05:22 AM   |  #10  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 7

45 posts
More
I sent my daughter's Epic Touch Galaxy 2 whatever in to Samsung. They replaced the screen for $160 including UPS shipping both ways which was cheaper than a lot of places were selling the screen uninstalled for. I think they do the older phones cheaper though. You might try checking with them.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread