SGSIII Specs leaked

Search This thread

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Read comments says 1080p is overkill on a smart phone display.

Well duh, can they not picture people attaching their smartphones to a HD TV or projector?

I think I am just sticking with Google devices from now on, if Samsung makes it or HTC (rumor). I am sick of the slow upgrade cycle; on ICS has been out almost 4 months..... way too slow.

Frogacuda

Oct 28, 2010
Read comments says 1080p is overkill on a smart phone display.

Well duh, can they not picture people attaching their smartphones to a HD TV or projector?
Being able to output 1080p via hdmi and actually having a 1080p screen are two different things. I do think that sort of pixel density is overkill and serves only to overwork the gpu.

I also think I prefer 16:10 to 16:9.

Last edited:

degeneration

Jul 16, 2010
Seattle, WA
Engadget is a bit better, and they posted an article with the same specs

"a bit" is both right and ambiguous. They repost articles from sites that repost articles from other sites. At least they usually point out things that sound too good to be true.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/10/details-on-the-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-leak-out-1-8ghz-dual-core-c/

Only mentions that it will be a Super AMOLED Plus HD display, which makes me think (meaning I am just making a random guess) it's a nonpentile display like the Nexus, and so it would be 720, which is still awesome. I wouldn't mind being wrong, but it just seems like we would have heard about a break through in OLED tech before the specs were released.

mossination

Feb 10, 2011
I heard google isnt going to be updating like usual anymore. Like their releasing their next updates to more phones rather than their nexus line. I mean this for next gen though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

M0D1441

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
ATX
All i need in a galaxy s 3:

-Quad Core Exynos @ 1.5GHz (LTE CAPABLE DAMMIT)
-1280x720 Super AMOLED Plus HD @ 1.65"
-Sexy Body < 9mm Thin
-2000mAh+ Battery
-LTE
-ICS
-8MP Camera (although 12 would be nice, but an improved 8MP is all i need)

That's pretty much it

Lucidmike

Dec 6, 2009
www.youtube.com
Sounds amazing. I think Qualcomm has a lot of LTE licensing control in the US. Don't be surprised at the last minute the 1.5 ghz Quad Exynos is replaced by 1.7ghz Quad Snapdragon that runs 1/2 the speed.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

I think my Skyrocket is good enough to keep me happy for 18 more months. And at that time, imagine what amazing tech we'll be able to get when it'll be time to renew.

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
"a bit" is both right and ambiguous. They repost articles from sites that repost articles from other sites. At least they usually point out things that sound too good to be true.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/10/details-on-the-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-leak-out-1-8ghz-dual-core-c/

Only mentions that it will be a Super AMOLED Plus HD display, which makes me think (meaning I am just making a random guess) it's a nonpentile display like the Nexus, and so it would be 720, which is still awesome. I wouldn't mind being wrong, but it just seems like we would have heard about a break through in OLED tech before the specs were released.

I meant to say betanews, as that's where I read the article from, but it seems he too is quoting bgr, which, as u said is about as reliable as the national inquirer. If indeed these specs r tru that would be great, but on further investigation the exynos Chooser was only just recently been demoed to the public, let alone shipped with any Samsung devices, As the s3 has been in Dev for awhile, I'm more skeptical now. I honestly think it will still be a dual core exynos. U could always jump ship and get an HTC One X :p

plwalsh88

Apr 4, 2011
Boston, MA

-Sexy Body < 9mm Thin
-2000mAh+ Battery
-LTE
-ICS

That's pretty much it

Completely agree. That sounds like my perfect phone. God I love LTE.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App

jamesd86

Feb 7, 2009
Delaware

-Sexy Body < 9mm Thin
-2000mAh+ Battery
-LTE
-ICS

That's pretty much it

I'm assuming you meant 4.65"

And can I get a f'ing hardware keyboard phone with top of the line specs..preferably with 5 rows but I'll take 4 just to get the keyboard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Shadeslayers

Dec 29, 2011
Corning
That thing had better haves nice battery, dual core phones already have some battery woes..quad core is just ridiculous to me.

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010

And can I get a f'ing hardware keyboard phone with top of the line specs..preferably with 5 rows but I'll take 4 just to get the keyboard.

<Rant> I would sell my skyrocket in a heartbeat for a phone that was even 80% as good but with a physical keyboard. Don't get me wrong, I luv my skyrocket, but texting and emails on ANY touchscreen is still cumbersome at best. Touchscreen intuitive with added keyboard is still the way to go in my opinion. This isn't a niche market, if a respectable manufacturer came out with something recent, people would flock to it as a viable alternative to crapberrys </Rant>

Reactions: jamesd86

the2rrell

Jun 27, 2011
this is THE device that i am waiting on......the note will hold me over till the SGSIII is dropped. and i WILL be getting it. im hoping that they can keep the exynos though, but for some reason i doubt it.

either way it should be a beast of a device for the end users. im hoping by years end this device will be available to us.

keeps fingers crossed.

kr3w1337

Jan 7, 2009
I wanna see how the Exynos matches the krait quad core before wasting more money.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BGR leak = unreliable

<Rant> I would sell my skyrocket in a heartbeat for a phone that was even 80% as good but with a physical keyboard. Don't get me wrong, I luv my skyrocket, but texting and emails on ANY touchscreen is still cumbersome at best. Touchscreen intuitive with added keyboard is still the way to go in my opinion. This isn't a niche market, if a respectable manufacturer came out with something recent, people would flock to it as a viable alternative to crapberrys </Rant>
    It's odd that not one post discusses the one odd feature
    Let me tell you a story,
    Once apon a time, not so long ago, there was an evil company, let's call it grape. Grape had a plan to make a phone that looked better than any other phone in the world. It wanted to do so with total disregard to what aaaall it's wizards (engineers) said. The wizards said that people's hands could conduct electricity, and that putting the magic wand (antenna) on the exterior of grape's new phone would cause problems. Grape's warlock, Steve the jobsient, did what he wanted, and released the phone with a exterior wand. The people of amerconia lined up to get this new creation of grape. Soon the villagers could not keep their calls magically connected. They went to the village square (the press) and the king's court (you know this one) and shouted "off with this phone!". Steve the jobsient gave them a rubber wristband to silence their cries, and later told the King he would give them 15 gold pieces for every phone they had.

Thank you for reading my story. Good night

The story is to remind you of the antennagate scandal. Also to prove that I have more time than storytelling skills.
    The moral of the story: just like hands can short antennas, ceramics do not dissipate heat.

My opinion
    Samsung is wiser than grape. It's wizards have more say in how the magical products are created, so ceramics will be banished from them