Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,598 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720, Enjoy HD recording and H264 720p Video playback

Tip us?

Inge2000
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hi is there any screenshot for this rom ??? is this rom in anyway better than other roms ???

Greetz

TIMZOZO
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It's all based on opinion. It's a very good Ginger but the keyboard was far from user friendly.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

space4ace
Old
(Last edited by space4ace; 28th February 2012 at 02:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36
My latest trials (and errors) :

I tried flashing different sbf (CBW, UK, French, xt720mod) and still getting the bootloop.
I tried the v4 update (didn't think it would change anything but, you never know). It didn't change anything!!!

I will try the korean fix ( just to see).
I'm at a lost to understand why it works for some people and don't for others.

I'll report back if I figure anything good (or bad!).

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium

LibertyMonger
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by space4ace View Post
My latest trials (and errors) :

I tried flashing different sbf (CBW, UK, French, xt720mod) and still getting the bootloop.
I tried the v4 update (did'nt think it would change anything but, you never know). It did'nt change anything!!!

I will try the korean fix ( just to see).
I'm at a lost to understand why it works for some people and don't for others.

I'll report back if I figure anything good (or bad!).

Did anyone try re-downloading the file? Whats a good file site to use nowadays since the 4th reich is shutting everything down? I will upload mine...

mchlbenner
Old
Thanks Meter 452
You can find this file in flfalcon archive files.

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using xda premium

space4ace
Old
(Last edited by space4ace; 27th February 2012 at 03:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 36
I need an expert's opinion on this.

As you might know already, I keep getting bootloops when running this rom. I sometimes see the lock screen and I even was able to unlock once and open the drawer before it rebooted again, and then bootloop etc. This only happens if I remove the sdcard and then boot. With the sdcard in... Nothing but bootloops. I tried 3 sdcards, same results. I repaired the sdcards too.

Can any other user make a nandroid back up of system.img and maybe boot.img or anything that could make me boot this and upload it as a trial? I don't want a full backup that includes your data or anything like that.
Does my request make any sense or maybe it just doesn't work that way?
In case you didn't figure this out yet; I'm a newbie! But I know how to flash sbf, install rom, updates, backup and restore.

Let me know what I could try next. I'm fresh out of ideas! Except for using a hammer... On my head, not the phone. I love that phone!

rec0va
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I tried to flash on Korean 44R (Eclair) Stock ROM.
It made my XT720 cannot boot

space4ace
Old
Thanks Meter 36
rec0va: Did you use the korean_patch update that came with the ShenQi_V4 file?

Mioze7Ae
Old
(Last edited by Mioze7Ae; 28th February 2012 at 03:25 AM.)
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2096
Quote:
Originally Posted by peshovec View Post
modifying framework.jar works, but will be hassle to support ...

may be you can consider using the following approach ...

as MediaGalery and MotoCamera have in its AndroidManifest.xml reference to external "libraries"
Code:
    <library name="com.motorola.aui" 
            file="/system/framework/com.motorola.aui.jar"/>
    <library name="com.motorola.android.camera"
    	    file="/system/framework/com.motorola.android.camera.jar"/>
it will be easy to follow upstream, if you put the framework modifications is the above jars, instead of the framework (i have proof of concept that this works)

This way you want rely on decompiling framework, and putting all back together, e.g. it will be easy for you
Also if framework is odexed it can stay odexed

Then if everything is smooth, you just can "update" the upstream roms
From what I can tell this is based on fjfalcon's 2011-11-30 build and there are actually very, very minimal changes to the core framework (very similar to what we had been discussing in the other thread). I think the frameworks edits are already just about as minimal as possible.

Code:
$ diff -qr falcon/framework system/framework | sort
Files falcon/framework/android.policy.jar and system/framework/android.policy.jar differ
Files falcon/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar and system/framework/com.google.android.maps.jar differ
Files falcon/framework/framework.jar and system/framework/framework.jar differ
Files falcon/framework/framework-res.apk and system/framework/framework-res.apk differ
Only in system/framework: com.motorola.android.camera.jar
Only in system/framework: com.motorola.android.mediasync.jar
Only in system/framework: com.motorola.aui.jar
Comparing the smali of android.policy.jar and framework.jar, this is what I find*:
Code:
Files falcon/framework/android.policy/com/android/internal/policy/impl/PhoneWindow.smali and system/framework/android.policy/com/android/internal/policy/impl/PhoneWindow.smali differ
Files falcon/framework/framework/android/hardware/Camera$EventHandler.smali and system/framework/framework/android/hardware/Camera$EventHandler.smali differ
Only in system/framework/framework/android/hardware: Camera$FaceDetectCallback.smali
Files falcon/framework/framework/android/hardware/Camera.smali and system/framework/framework/android/hardware/Camera.smali differ
Files falcon/framework/framework/android/view/KeyEvent.smali and system/framework/framework/android/view/KeyEvent.smali differ
Files falcon/framework/framework/com/android/internal/R$id.smali and system/framework/framework/com/android/internal/R$id.smali differ
Files falcon/framework/framework/com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/SmsMessage.smali and system/framework/framework/com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/SmsMessage.smali differ
Most of the changes are minor and should be easy/harmless to reverse to java and incorporate in the tree. The most intensive edit is to add the face detection callback.

Caveat: I have not even tried to install this ROM. I trust that it works for somebody, somewhere.

* To simplify the comparison, I preprocessed the baksmali of fjfalcon's 20111130 framework.jar and android.policy.jar using this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

find falcon -type f -name \*.smali | while read x ; do
    grep -v '\.line ' $x \
	| grep -v '\.parameter' \
	| grep -v '\.prologue' \
	| grep -v '\.local ' \
	| grep -v '\.end local ' \
	| grep -v '\.restart local ' \
	> tmp
    mv tmp $x
done
Milestone XT720 -- CM6.3.6.2/github -- OpenRecoveryXT720 -- fastboot kernels -- SBF master thread/mirrors -- reverendkjr's video tutorials
SD card/app2ext/Link2SD problems: ORXT720 > "SD Card Utilities" > "Save diagnostics" and post /sdcard/sdcard-info.txt
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mioze7Ae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aman2701
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Post about bootloop

I had successfully updated from kang 7.2 to this ROM with no boot loops (switched 3/4 times between both roms).
But after i copied the framework-res file into system/framework attached in the first post,the screen went black and now i am also getting boot loops from lock-screen.After restoring my backup while Switching back to this rom again its getting bootloops even after wiping all(cache,userdata).