5,599,478 Members 40,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung announces the Galaxy Note 10.1

Tip us?
 
yogeshmha
Old
#11  
yogeshmha's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 469
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
I still think another one is on the way.
 
Spartoi
Old
#12  
Spartoi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 132
Posts: 1,782
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pomona
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx View Post
I liked the part where he touched the back button and it took two full seconds for it to actually go back.

And nothing of value was lost.
Pre production software.

Sent from my SGH-I897
 
EarlZ
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 271
Posts: 5,658
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartoi View Post
Pre production software.

Sent from my SGH-I897
Which also has no real difference from retail version of the software, believe me we already know samsung THAT much since the Galaxy S days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
I'm not impressed... Hope the 11.6 gets announced..

Same here, Im pretty disappointed that there is not 11.6 to show for..
 
Spartoi
Old
#14  
Spartoi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 132
Posts: 1,782
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pomona
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
Which also has no real difference from retail version of the software, believe me we already know samsung THAT much since the Galaxy S days!.
Guess you've never used an Exynos device (Galaxy S2 or Note). Samsung usually doesn't have its drivers optimized until its about ready to release and even afterwards they still manage to draw out more power.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
 
Danstek
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 108
Join Date: Jul 2011
I don't think I can justify this as a worthy upgrade from Tab 10.1. CM9 should happily carry me for a while, at least until a Nexus tablet appears sometime this year.
 
EarlZ
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 271
Posts: 5,658
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartoi View Post
Guess you've never used an Exynos device (Galaxy S2 or Note). Samsung usually doesn't have its drivers optimized until its about ready to release and even afterwards they still manage to draw out more power.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
I had a Galaxy S2 and a Galaxy Note and now Im using a Galaxy Tab 7.7, it takes samsung a while to get things really going probably due to touchwiz, pre production software barely differs from production up until 4-6 months. No everyone sees it like you do
 
Spartoi
Old
#17  
Spartoi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 132
Posts: 1,782
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pomona
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post
I had a Galaxy S2 and a Galaxy Note and now Im using a Galaxy Tab 7.7, it takes samsung a while to get things really going probably due to touchwiz, pre production software barely differs from production up until 4-6 months. No everyone sees it like you do
Drivers are the main difference from pre-production and final release. Galaxy S2 benched poorly and seemed laggy when it debuted last year but when it was released it had the best SoC and was the smoothest Android phone.

The GN 10.1 should have similar performance to the original GN assuming it uses the same Exynos 4210.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
 
albert emmer
Old
#18  
albert emmer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 173
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: WPKL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danstek View Post
I don't think I can justify this as a worthy upgrade from Tab 10.1. CM9 should happily carry me for a while, at least until a Nexus tablet appears sometime this year.
+1...i wont upgrade only for a stylus (or pen?). not even Tab 2 10.1. nothing worth to upgrade..
HTC Sapphire [Rom: Sebastian FM 3.0][Android: 2.3.3]
Samsung Galaxy Note II [Rom: Stock Touchwiz XALJ3][Android: 4.1.1]
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 [Rom: CM10.1 Nightly Build 20130102][Android: 4.2.1]
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 [Rom: Stock Touchwiz DDLG1][Android: 4.0.4]
 
BarryH_GEG
Old
#19  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3778
Posts: 8,207
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spokane, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert emmer View Post
+1...i wont upgrade only for a stylus (or pen?). not even Tab 2 10.1. nothing worth to upgrade..
The Note 10.1 has a 1.4GHz Exynos processor. Getting away from Teg2 is reason enough to consider it even if everything else was the same. I love the idea of being able to take real notes in meetings so I might pick one up if it's available in the next 4-6 weeks. If it's later than that I'll wait for the 11.6.
 
EarlZ
Old
#20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 271
Posts: 5,658
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartoi View Post
Drivers are the main difference from pre-production and final release. Galaxy S2 benched poorly and seemed laggy when it debuted last year but when it was released it had the best SoC and was the smoothest Android phone.

The GN 10.1 should have similar performance to the original GN assuming it uses the same Exynos 4210.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
I got my S2 1 day before release in my country and it came with the KF1 firmware, TBH I never noticed any 'lag' or slowdowns.. zero difference on my end upto the KG5 firmware which was the firmware in Sept-Oct. Well YMMV, some devices just run smoother than others even if they are both of the same model, based on experience.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

A More Competitive Spin on the Addictive 2048 Puzzle

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we talked about a rather interesting take on … more

Multiboot in Progress for the Sony Xperia Z1

As we’ve mentioned quite a few times in the past, multiboot is quite the interesting … more

Samsung EFS Tool Updated to V5, Brings Universal Device Support

You may recall that we’ve talked about XDA Recognized Contributor … more

Say Goodbye to Holo Blue Once and for All

When Google released Android 4.4 KitKat back in October of last year, they changed quite a bit … more