How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Samsung announces the Galaxy Note 10.1

OP ansonantonym

27th February 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #11  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 56

469 posts
Donate to Me
More
I still think another one is on the way.
27th February 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #12  
Flag Pomona
Thanks Meter: 134

1,809 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by styckx

I liked the part where he touched the back button and it took two full seconds for it to actually go back.

And nothing of value was lost.

Pre production software.

Sent from my SGH-I897
27th February 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 272

5,715 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartoi

Pre production software.

Sent from my SGH-I897

Which also has no real difference from retail version of the software, believe me we already know samsung THAT much since the Galaxy S days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball

I'm not impressed... Hope the 11.6 gets announced..

Same here, Im pretty disappointed that there is not 11.6 to show for..
27th February 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #14  
Flag Pomona

1,809 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

Which also has no real difference from retail version of the software, believe me we already know samsung THAT much since the Galaxy S days!.

Guess you've never used an Exynos device (Galaxy S2 or Note). Samsung usually doesn't have its drivers optimized until its about ready to release and even afterwards they still manage to draw out more power.

Sent from my Transformer TF101
27th February 2012, 09:05 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 23

108 posts
More
I don't think I can justify this as a worthy upgrade from Tab 10.1. CM9 should happily carry me for a while, at least until a Nexus tablet appears sometime this year.
28th February 2012, 05:51 AM   |  #16  

5,715 posts
More
Quote:

Guess you've never used an Exynos device (Galaxy S2 or Note). Samsung usually doesn't have its drivers optimized until its about ready to release and even afterwards they still manage to draw out more power.

I had a Galaxy S2 and a Galaxy Note and now Im using a Galaxy Tab 7.7, it takes samsung a while to get things really going probably due to touchwiz, pre production software barely differs from production up until 4-6 months. No everyone sees it like you do
28th February 2012, 06:38 AM   |  #17  
Flag Pomona

1,809 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ

I had a Galaxy S2 and a Galaxy Note and now Im using a Galaxy Tab 7.7, it takes samsung a while to get things really going probably due to touchwiz, pre production software barely differs from production up until 4-6 months. No everyone sees it like you do

Drivers are the main difference from pre-production and final release. Galaxy S2 benched poorly and seemed laggy when it debuted last year but when it was released it had the best SoC and was the smoothest Android phone.

The GN 10.1 should have similar performance to the original GN assuming it uses the same Exynos 4210.

29th February 2012, 05:48 PM   |  #18  
Flag WPKL
Thanks Meter: 24

173 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danstek

I don't think I can justify this as a worthy upgrade from Tab 10.1. CM9 should happily carry me for a while, at least until a Nexus tablet appears sometime this year.

+1...i wont upgrade only for a stylus (or pen?). not even Tab 2 10.1. nothing worth to upgrade..
29th February 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #19  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400

8,972 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert emmer

+1...i wont upgrade only for a stylus (or pen?). not even Tab 2 10.1. nothing worth to upgrade..

The Note 10.1 has a 1.4GHz Exynos processor. Getting away from Teg2 is reason enough to consider it even if everything else was the same. I love the idea of being able to take real notes in meetings so I might pick one up if it's available in the next 4-6 weeks. If it's later than that I'll wait for the 11.6.
1st March 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #20  

5,715 posts
More
Quote:

Drivers are the main difference from pre-production and final release. Galaxy S2 benched poorly and seemed laggy when it debuted last year but when it was released it had the best SoC and was the smoothest Android phone.

The GN 10.1 should have similar performance to the original GN assuming it uses the same Exynos 4210.

I got my S2 1 day before release in my country and it came with the KF1 firmware, TBH I never noticed any 'lag' or slowdowns.. zero difference on my end upto the KG5 firmware which was the firmware in Sept-Oct. Well YMMV, some devices just run smoother than others even if they are both of the same model, based on experience.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread