Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector

Tip us?

markusf21
Old
Thanks Meter 201
I wasn't going to use a screen protector with this phone. I ordered a Trident aegis case for mine that came with one. While waiting for it to show up I got a small scratch. You have to look for it, but it's there. Needless to say I use the screen protector now.

Sent from next year on my CM 10ed G-Mobile Galaxy Note 2

starskyrob
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1485

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKfilms13 View Post
This is incorrect. Plastic will protect the glass from any random things that would otherwise damage the glass. It is well understood by now that gorilla glass is scratch resistant, not scratch proof. By adding this plastic cover you increase the compression in which an object can penetrate before hitting the screen. This increases the time the object has to transmit it's energy into the phone and by using the formula for kinetic energy (KE=.5mv²) you will notice that it will lower the velocity of impact. This results in a compression which will lower the KE before whatever may scratch the screen actual scratches it, therefore concluding that the screen protector does protect the gorilla glass.
Science

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Samsung EPIC 4G:
StarskyROMv2.0.0 [EI22MTD] | ViperROM Resurgence EI22 MTD

Samsung Galaxy SII SGH-T989:
Foxstar 1.4.1 | Automated Debloater Tool | Easy Recovery Switcher

HTC Amaze 4G

Stock 2.3.4 Deodexed

Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G
Foxstar Blaze

Kid Poker
Old
Thanks Meter 37
As I always say, it's a hell lot easier and cheaper to replace a screen protector instead of the glass itself. Out of all my phones, I have never handled one without a screen protector, heck even my tablet has one, as well as my MacBook Pro

STOCK 16gb Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Mist

thisisit123
Old
Thanks Meter 3
how does this compare with the sgp steinheil ultra clear protectors if anyone knows....

ive had the crystal clear sgp protector for months now and i think its amazing...only prob i had with it was that it somehow got scraped in the middle of the screen once and i had to replace it

SpydaPig
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisit123 View Post
how does this compare with the sgp steinheil ultra clear protectors if anyone knows....

ive had the crystal clear sgp protector for months now and i think its amazing...only prob i had with it was that it somehow got scraped in the middle of the screen once and i had to replace it
Wouldn't it be a good thing that the screen protector got scraped instead of the screen. I don't see that as being a problem at all.

I'm also using steinheil and have a bunch of scratches on it. Better that than my screen.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App
Retired Phones: HTC Evo 4G, Samsung Galaxy S2

Current: Samsung Galaxy S3 (T-Mobile)

I'm a real nice guy full of laughes and smiles but I'll f**king break your leg and even sign the cast

chhan02
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm using a Skinomi screen protector. It's fairly cheap with excellent quality. Clear finish and doesn't distort the screen. I've used it for many phones in the past and it has held up fine, even with harsh working conditions (fast food restaurant, automotive work, etc.). It does attract fingerprints, but nothing too heavy, especially coming from working with cars and greasy foods all the time.

Muff Burner
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
LOL whatever... Mr.Wizard..

Either way, its like putting plastic around a bullet proof glass..

IMO they are not needed anymore at all. Keys,wallet clips, concrete will not scratch the gorilla glass, so anymore more than that is a catastrophic failure that no plastic will really help..

Either way, like I said, some people like to put ugly oil attractive plastic on their phones.. More power to them
You clearly know nothing about physics or gorilla glass so why bother ?

#1 Gorilla glass scratches, it's main purpose is to be more pressure resistant/flexible.

#2 Bullet proof glass is plastic.

#3 Go do some research before you snap back all opinionated. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and some stink more than others.

Heff66
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I work as a CNC machinist, I work with stainless steel and many other hardened alloys such as titanium and hastelloy ... I always have microscopic chips of metal on my hands at work. A screen protector is required for my phone... gorilla glass scratches... honestly. I normally go for whats cheapest because in my environment screen protectors are normally all the same at the end of the day, they become oily and scratched having done a wonderful job protecting my phone.

heyjaygee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Take it from a Ghost Armor Employee

Using a screen protector on Gorilla Glass works. Ghost Armor doesn't have the orange peel look that Zagg does, and my screen has been in mint condition ever since. The only mark on my screen is on the front-facing camera. It's not covered by the ghost armor screen and somehow acquired a feint hairline scratch. It kind of pisses me off because I'm OCD about my phone but Gorilla Glass isn't scratch-proof, that much I'm sure of.

jets76
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I don't want to hijack anyone's thread but I gotta rant a bit. I think that screen protectors are bull****. I mean it has gorilla glass, you can barely scratch it. Worse of all, 90% of them create artifacts and make it hard to see a crystal clear image. I had my HTC Desire HD for over an year and work in construction, not a scratch without gorilla glass. I even used to toss it into my pocket with change regularly.

Screen protectors=cash grab
HTC ONE M8
Note 10.1 2014 P605
S4 I337M S3 I747M
Samsung Galaxy S II X SGH-T989
HTC Desire HD
Motorola Milestone