Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 38,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen Protectors?

Tip us?

wintermute000
Old
Thanks Meter 148
+1 for sony.
looks fine to me, and REALLY cuts down the glare. I had a side by side comparison in shop with two display units (one with one without) and difference was night and day.

cuts103
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunt407 View Post
I bought the Sony one for mine, it was really quite expensive (25.99 at my local Sony Centre), but it is a decent anti-glare one.

Trouble with some anti-glare protectors is that they make whites all spicily, but the Sony one doesn't. It does a good job of blocking reflections, although its not fantastic at stopping finger prints.
I agree with you but i took away some of the beauty of the screen but them i guess you get used to it after sometime.

dtaylorr
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I've always used the matt protectors. I know it cuts down a bit on the screen quality, but I use mine too much for reading.
Proud owner of a Samsung S3, and Samsung Note 3

vivftp
Old
Thanks Meter 39
One of my friends who also has a Sony Tablet S had dropped it a while ago onto the corner of a cinder block. The tablet had the Sony matt protector on it and it appeared that the cinderblock had not only gone through that, but also taken a little chunk out of the screen itself. It wasn't until very recently that we discovered that the tablet had the factory applied screen protector on it and once we peeled it off, the screen itself was perfect. While I have no dobut the matt screen protector helped, that factory applied protector can take a helluva beating it would seem.

I'm actually amazed at how well the actual screen stands up to fingerprints. The factory applied protector and the matt protector are both magnets for fingerprints, but the actual screen itself barely collects any when swiping. I'm now weighing my options for what to do because I now have the factory applied screen protector plus the matt protector on my tablet. I'd love to find a screen protector that minimizes or eliminates fingerprints... any suggestions? While I do like how the matt protector diffuses light sources, I think I could live with a shinier screen so long as it wasn't coated in fingerprints

Lawrenceco
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Armorsuit screen protectors

Has anyone used armor screen protector. Im tablet is arriving soon and I dont want to scratch the screen.

FreddieP
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrenceco View Post
Has anyone used armor screen protector. Im tablet is arriving soon and I dont want to scratch the screen.
I have had an Armor on now for a couple days. If you follow instructions (watch youtube video) it goes on really well. Bit difficult to perfectly align with fluid present. Mine came out with no bubbles. Lots less fingerprints than out of box screen. Somewhat less glare. However finger sliding is not as smooth as stock. I have a Realook on my phone and it is smoother. Also have a matt screen protector on son's ipod and it has nicest finger slide.

tushar.das
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I purchased, "HHI Sony Tablet S1 Anti-Fingerprint, Anti-Glare, Matte Finishing Screen Protector", I'm happy with it.

Apache0c
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Wanted to post up in this thread to keep it alive. Thanks everyone for all the great info.

Im shopping for a screen protector now because im afraid to take it out of the house without one, any more input is greatly appreciated!
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden

k4syx
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Well I'm kinda forced to withdraw my recommendation for Sony matt screen protector. After a while (not long, as you can see from the date of my last post in this thread) of frequent tablet usage the matt finish started to wear off.

There are places that you're touching more often and this results in polishing the matt finish of the protector.

Right now it looks matte with polished finger tracks here and there.

Therefore I'd rather recommend Brando one - its glossy and it will stay glossy...
Android Pro Widgets users, let's join our forces in quest for a sense-like gallery widget!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MPX220->Kaiser->Diamond->HD2->Galaxy Note + Desire S->HTC One S + Galaxy Note 3 (+ Tablet S)

im_iceman
Old
Thanks Meter 131
I got these LINK

Really good, nice feel to them.. like all matte protectors they take some of the sharpness off the screen image, but for me it's worth it.
Are you a silly Billy???

Previous Phones - Samsung Tocco; SE Xperia X10; Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro; SE Xperia arc -Bootloader UNLOCKED

Current Phone- Sony Xperia T - Stock.. for once!

Tablet- Sony Tablet S - SGPT111GB/S - looking to upgrade to something decent!

Tags
protector, screen, sony tablet