Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sony Xperia S release date confirmed (5 March 2012)

OP batman_112

27th February 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #71  
Flag Sheffield, UK
Thanks Meter: 75

430 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booomber

1. So when i get it do i then need root on the xperia s to be able to restore the apps from titanium backup?

2. To restore apps. Do i then need to download the apps from market first and then restore? Or will titanium backup restore the full app with all the userdata?

1. Titanium Backup to work properly requires root, so you will have to wait. Unless you use i.e. My Backup pro, same procedure I think. I always use both, just in case.

2. No, you can just retore your backups, no need to download it again. BUT... you might have to do it in case, when something is not working properly (Forced closes), because of different device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cholek3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 10:42 PM   |  #72  
Flag Molde
Thanks Meter: 0

87 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdking

What? I am not following!

The Xperia Arc, Arc S and I think the rest of the Sony Ericsson line of Xperia phones/android phones, has an inverted Jack connector (if im not mistaking it is like this: Mix on Sony Ericsson is Headphones in other phones and Headphones in Sony Ericsson is Mic in other phones).

This makes ex. the Jays aJays One+ headset come up ass "Not suported" when you connect it to the phone..

On other Producers this is not a problem..(eksept Nokia that has the same as SE)

This means that you have to have an "3,5mm soundadapter converter" connected betveen the phone and the headseth.
Sadly the 3,5mm soundadapter converters on the market is BAD quality ones.
So I really hope Sony has gone for the "normal" connections that is used by most brands.
Would make the Sony Xperia S even more awesome..hehe.

Hope this made you oundersand what I was talking aboute.

PS: Sorry for my kind of clumsy way of explaining..English isnt my normal language so Im no master in writing in English.hehe.
28th February 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #73  
Thanks Meter: 33

312 posts
On xperiablog its confirmed to have the more common type of 3.5mm jack

Sent from my X10 using XDA App
28th February 2012, 09:45 AM   |  #74  
Flag Sheffield, UK
Thanks Meter: 75

430 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_zero8556

On xperiablog its confirmed to have the more common type of 3.5mm jack

Sent from my X10 using XDA App

Basically they have changed it in 2012 phones. So my headset from X10 won't work fully on ma Xperia S. And I liked it, because I could disconnect head phones from a microphone lead. Does anybody know, what sort of headset is with Xperia S? Is it detacheable one or in one piece? Or depends on market?

And also, still can't find anywhere... Does S support USB OTG?
29th February 2012, 10:06 AM   |  #75  
Thanks Meter: 16

107 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholek3

1. Titanium Backup to work properly requires root, so you will have to wait. Unless you use i.e. My Backup pro, same procedure I think. I always use both, just in case.

2. No, you can just retore your backups, no need to download it again. BUT... you might have to do it in case, when something is not working properly (Forced closes), because of different device.

Thanks. i took backup now with both program. All tho i didnt buy anything. Could try My Backup for 30 days for free. I only took backup of my games and my contacts. Now i just have to wait for the phone and to somebody find a way to root it. Only on more week Weeee

Btw.

Do anyone know if it comes with a screenprotector allready placed on the screen? Just like with the Arc.

And do anyone know if they put some smarttags in the box in some areas?
29th February 2012, 11:02 AM   |  #76  
Thanks Meter: 3

34 posts
Great, I'll be waiting for this new sony phone! I really don't know why they didn't integrate gorilla glass to the 2012 models...
29th February 2012, 02:17 PM   |  #77  
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 219

3,769 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by baptistepaz

Great, I'll be waiting for this new sony phone! I really don't know why they didn't integrate gorilla glass to the 2012 models...

I believe it will have other technology for durable screen.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread