New Android handheld gaming console

Search This thread

mikedragoon

Feb 27, 2012
I do not believe so I sent the company a message asking if there were some sort of recovery mode being that this happened the same day I bought it but I read a few things which lead me to believe they will not respond. Unless there is something in the manual which is in Chinese I'm at a loss.

butch87402

Feb 8, 2010
hartford
I do not believe so I sent the company a message asking if there were some sort of recovery mode being that this happened the same day I bought it but I read a few things which lead me to believe they will not respond. Unless there is something in the manual which is in Chinese I'm at a loss.

Did you hold on to the reset button?
I looked it up on the Web and I don't see much of a solution
Hope it works if not gotta wait for devs to do some more testing

Sent from my JXD-S7100 using xda premium

mikedragoon

Feb 27, 2012
When I hold in the reset button and turn on the power the screen stays black no logo or anything even after releasing the button and when I do it after turning it on it has no effect.

2blackbar

Oct 21, 2011
I considered buying it but not being able to press more than 2 buttons is terrible designers mistake.Its like faulty gamepad.
OR is it software problem inside emulator and it works nicely on mario kart 64 when youre holding gas,turning right and shooting shells?
Also i heard about delay of audio, is it through hdmi or what? In all resolutions or only in 1080p or 720p mode when playing n64 for example ?

Last edited:

stooovie

Feb 17, 2012
No, there's a NASTY one second audio lag on the newer version of the G18 (with Allwinner/Boxchip A10 CPU). It's present everywhere except video playback,regardless if HDMI is connected or not. No fix ATM.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

slightly, it is still present but reduced by 1/3 to 1/2

cavemanxd

May 21, 2009
I have just tried to update my YDPG18A with the ICS update from the Yinlips website. The update (force format) said it was successful and the machine then powers on, but it seems to be stuck in some sort of boot loop. I get the full-green pic with the flying android for a few seconds, then a blank screen, then a little android man in a square on a black screen, then a blank screen, then it starts again. I've left it running in the loop for a couple of hours but it never progresses. I have rerun the update a couple of times, but always the same result. Anyone have a solution to this one? Perhaps unrelated, I did notice that the manual said don't delete the 3 main folders (.android_secure, Android, and Lost.Dir) but when I backed up the card in my PC there was no .android_secure in the root?

phalandriax

Dec 29, 2009
I have just tried to update my YDPG18A with the ICS update from the Yinlips website. The update (force format) said it was successful and the machine then powers on, but it seems to be stuck in some sort of boot loop. I get the full-green pic with the flying android for a few seconds, then a blank screen, then a little android man in a square on a black screen, then a blank screen, then it starts again. I've left it running in the loop for a couple of hours but it never progresses. I have rerun the update a couple of times, but always the same result. Anyone have a solution to this one? Perhaps unrelated, I did notice that the manual said don't delete the 3 main folders (.android_secure, Android, and Lost.Dir) but when I backed up the card in my PC there was no .android_secure in the root?

Hmm thats bad man. I have my own Yinlips ydpg18 and I will put my files on a backup. Including those folders. I will update it and will inform you if it worked or not. If it does, I can provide you those files. (hopefully I Can get to them!)

Probably I can go and get it this weekend but I cannot promise that.

cavemanxd

May 21, 2009
Hmm thats bad man. I have my own Yinlips ydpg18 and I will put my files on a backup. Including those folders. I will update it and will inform you if it worked or not. If it does, I can provide you those files. (hopefully I Can get to them!)

Probably I can go and get it this weekend but I cannot promise that.

Thanks for that - I have reflashed with the official 2.3 rom from the Yinlips website and it is working again (phew) - I'm guessing there is an issue with the update, has anyone else had any luck updating the ydpg18A to ICS?

cavemanxd

May 21, 2009
Interestingly - even having done the the 'force format' update, the Android directory with all the APKs was still on the SD card, but no sign of the .android_secure - unless that's on the console's internal memory rather than the sd card?

ZenithLM

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks for that - I have reflashed with the official 2.3 rom from the Yinlips website and it is working again (phew) - I'm guessing there is an issue with the update, has anyone else had any luck updating the ydpg18A to ICS?

I did. ICS works fine, but I still have hope that someday YDPG18A will get a custom ROM.

Got no problems with ICS.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts